Poxbox is closing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cydna, Sep 13, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

They are going to have to improve the forge system or else this is going to hurt the game.

2. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

We got it already, he's Olaf van Wijk. You can stop sounding like a broken record now.

Anyways, if poxpoints takes control of trading with their current system, I feel many people won't be using it.

3. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Economics.

4. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

But: how am i supposed to get my stuff now? :(

mw24 likes this.
  5. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

[​IMG] is, Poxpoints' system is even worse than PB's, because several runes( almost sure this is defined by stock) require "premium" points, which can only be acquired with cash or by trading in an out of stock rune, meaning that PPoints will profit relatively more than PB normally does( not taking into account Olaf's value inflation); not to mention that the "Standard" points you get by trading in runes already in stock cannot be used to trade out runes that require Premium points, namely those which are low in stock( or whatever parameters they use). Therefore, not only trading becomes a real pain, it is considerably hard not to lose a lot of value when doing so.

I certainly know less about economics than I should, but I don't think I'm completely wrong at this.

Revengercm, Leadrz, Anima26 and 2 others like this.
  6. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

It is an announcement that I will close down in time, as said on the site it might take a month or 2 or maybe 4, I don't know yet. I am not just gonna pull the plug next week.

I hope someone is willing and able to take over the whole bunch but I have my doubts about it.

Will do my best to not let it impact the game too much.

PS even though my real name is Olaf i go related to poxbox and poxnora by decondor,

Fentum and Tarathil like this.
  7. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Well, As negative as everyone was... This was by far the greatest help to poxnora (along with poxbase), and I cant find a right emoji to show my feelings at the loss.
    Oh well. Decondor, good luck on your life without poxbox and thanks for all the cards!

vitor, Tarathil and Gnomes like this.
  8. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

Use of sprite earned you a like

9. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

I think you are wrong. With more stock, this should become a non issue. If the stock is low on poxbox, you can only buy the last two runes with actual money. If the stock is low on poxpoints, you can get the very last rune by spending money or runes on those premium points. With the low stock, it is quite easy to get premium points too.

Why shouldn't a DOG member take over poxbox?

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

They can't due to some legal issues apparently.

They can however, update and improve their economic model in order to provide is with a game that doesn't require a single rune store to be played. It's pretty depressing to believe that third party stores have ruled and kept alive this economic model, perhaps even the game.

Pattn199 and Bellagion like this.
  11. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Hence a member and not DOG as an organization. (was not completely clear, I admit)

12. voodoov

I hope poxbox finds a good new home and decondor gets a good deal!
    Poxbox was the sole reason i got into Pox about 6 years ago. All runes accessable...
    If this goes, i think Poxnora needs to compensate or loose even more players/gain less new.
    I really like the forge cheap untradable Runes Idea!

some headsup from PB Messages:

thepoxbox .
    It may depend if someone is willing to take over all runes I prefer that but there is serious doubt if someone is willing to invest that large amount in this amount of runes. I might corporate with someone if he wants to start a store or something. If nothing like that works I indeed will have a liquidation sale. But that will take some time (2-3 months?). Just wanted to give everyone the heads up that it is coming!
    rheinhart .
    Ah ok cool thanx I doubt anyone will takeover mostly due to the state of the game and how many players it has.I'm thinking the investment would be upwards of over 1k real money(lowball figure) which is still a huge investment in a game no one is sure will be around 5 yrs from now or less.I will just wait 2-3 months and see I guess =-)thanx for the site made the game alot more enjoyable for me and alot others im sure.Now you and gainer can enjoy your lifes =-)
    thepoxbox .
    Just to give an idea: the store is now worth +/- 3000 mill credits, based on the cash store you can make your calculations, not thinking about anyone where near that number but your lowball assumption was right

13. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

@Nea where are you man
    Now's the time for you to start developing that trader you were planning

14. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

The trader he was planning was based on a no-limit forge, which was a pretty good idea, but right at that time the 6 Exo/Leg limit on the forge appeared.

15. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Coding a new store isn't a problem at all, but running it and getting initial stock is.
    If we get some whales lending/sacrificing their collections for it, we are good.

16. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

ell tcgbay still should have 4-6k($) in stock.

17. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

just a heads up,ill gladly take all of your stitched concealers for free

Leadrz likes this.
  18. voodoov

how do i measure the value of a rune when pb is gone? ^^

19. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Identical to Pox Box, except PB takes first 2 runes as cash-only "premium" while we only take first 1 rune as premium-only.

PoxBox and PoxPoints both reserve first 1 or 2 runes as cash/premium only. The big difference is, PoxPoints gives you Cash (premium) credit if you trade in low-stock runes. PoxBox never lets you buy cash-shop runes using your point balance no matter what you trade in.

Nope.

Again, this would be like complaining that trading in runes to PoxBox doesn't reward you with $USD Cash to use in their cash shop, and you only get PoxBox points for use in their Trader. We have the same exact model, the only difference is, PoxPoints actually does give you Cash Credit (Premium Points) to use for our low-stock premium-only runes. PoxBox never gives Cash premium credit for their "premium" low-stock runes.

You are definitely, completely wrong. But you're not the only one who perceives PoxBox's system as being fairer when the opposite is true, which shows that our exchange system isn't intuitive enough for new users.

Pattn199, Poxpoints, Tweek516 and 2 others like this.
  20. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

3rd party stores = ££$$, someone will pop up once decondors gone, people cant resist the moneys. The thing that depresses me the most is that there are so many runes sitting around, doing nothing at all, waiting to be cash cows when all the new players could have benefitted hugely from them. I dont even want to know how many runes tcgbay and decondor have together, that arent seeing a single game of play. Depressing.

Bellagion likes this.