Poxbox is closing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cydna, Sep 13, 2015.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

By how valuable it is to you?

2. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

forge and poxpoints will affect cost values

3. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Yeah PoxPoints values and stock, rairty of rune, power level of the rune, and personal value (ie Im never trading my Serpentor Ardents because they ma favs)

4. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Well, I'll be the first one to say what everyone is thinking...
    Can I have some free runes???

Sirius likes this.
  5. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

So what is with every single Path of De'liim rune being OOS all of a sudden...? :rolleyes:

Ohmin likes this.
  6. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Thank you for the explanations man, my goal was pretty much to show how I felt it looks like, not to express appreciation towards this or that trader.

7. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

You're not alone in your perception - we've had similar complaints from other users. We try to patiently explain how we're fairer, but truthfully if we had hid the "cash"/premium runes behind a cash shop link the way PB does, this wouldn't be an issue. The sad thing is, by allowing users to gain cash credit for low-stock trade-in's and integrating our cash shop with our trade shop [two innovations that make us fairer than PB], we've drawn attention to the way the cash system works. On PB, customers are blissfully unaware that their low-stock trade-ins are reserved for cash-only - which is a cunning way to hide this information from customers.

yobanchi, Goyo and Lushiris like this.
  8. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

@newsbuff what I do is not necessarily 'cunning', everyone can see the trader, everyone has access to that information really, 'blissfully unaware' is a very bolt statement just to make PB look worse. BUT I used to have, for a short period of time, this information inside the trader but it only feeded the discussion point you try to defend so I took it out, because you can keep explaining it forever, having multiple credit systems is just confusing. Wondering how I managed to do it? The first year I didn't have a cash store at all only when I made enough credit wise profit to sustain the store I started selling credits. Even then it took about half a year before I started selling single runes. Just a friendly advise: focus on getting more runes in your store before thinking about a cash system.

9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

@decondor you play league of legends olaf?

10. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

Yep, I go there by the name Yuja (yes from the name Juya Whiteeyes) but I hardly play, maybe once in 2 weeks

Iskandak likes this.
  11. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Will not really affect the game...other than the impossible to get runes that are not in the forge. Those will be impossible to get like they have always been. I mean I don't really count a Grimthir sitting in shop priced at $150 to be 'available'.

Forge turns all the other runes into the equivalent value of how many of them it takes to make itself. So CURs are basically in the same league, and it will take several Exos to equal the value of a Leg....Lims will be common when they are available, then hardly ever change hands once they are unavailable.

At this point I would be perfectly happy if they got rid of trading altogether and made every rune forgable, excepting the most recent expansion and mid-term releases.

But I also think that while they are unforgeable new runes should NOT get any nerfs. This serves several functions, chiefly giving people the confidence that they can spend money to buy new packs and know they will get -at least- till the next release to explore the options. This would allow for the timely observation of much more data to see if the new FotM is actually OP or just getting QQed about by the 3 people that spam the forums constantly. Seriously it is really stupid when people don't care about buying new packs because they know whatever is good will just get nerfed in a week. The owls should be playtesting their runes and be at least marginally aware of what PLAYS(not just looks) OP. If they make a ******** rune that warps the whole meta then that is their fault and they should ideally buff some older runes with up-to-date countermeasure, in extreme cases they should take other steps....but the operating term here is extreme....not 'a week after every single release'.

Balance-wise, I think they are going in a good direction with the amount of patches....I guess I would like to see a 'little' more frequent updating, but they are getting a decent amount put into each patch.

Anima26 likes this.
  12. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

The idea behind the Premium Points is actually to make sure that there always is a decent stock of "hard to get" runes, as in order to trade OUT the last of a rune in PoxPoints you would need to trade IN something that wasn't currently available in PoxPoints, which might be something someone else was looking for.

We do let people donate for Premium Points as well, but as expected with donations every donated dollar is currently being reinvested in the store, and we have a counter (20 USD so far) and the goals visible for everyone.

I have currently put in several hours and around 1000 USD of my personal money in PoxPoints (towards programming, starting stock, upkeep, helping reach the goals, etc.), even though I know with PoxNora's current economy it's probably "lost" money or it will at least take quite some time to earn that back, I don't really mind as I really enjoy working on PoxPoints (of course I hope over time I will see a return on my investment, which I think is only normal) .

Eitherway, as I said on Skype, I know we had (or have) our differences but I wish you the best and hope all goes well in real life!

Cheers,

Josh753

Tweek516 likes this.
  13. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

@decondor FREEN RUNES FOR EVERYONE PLEASE!!

PS. I'm glad poxbox is going down.

14. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Don't get me wrong. Poxbox is good for getting new runes but that's it. I just think it controlled Poxnora way too much. Poxportal is dead as well right?

15. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

Been dead, gainer mia

Lol poxbox gone, its shark city again

16. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

I need time to get the database running smooth again first, and to make the updates run on the server so it doesn't depend on me hacking stuff on my rig.

Boozha, darklord48, Leadrz and 10 others like this.
  17. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Nonetheless you're Pox's non-playing MVP, whatever you feel like doing( or not) should have everyone's support. And seriously this guy is kinda weird, but at least he said "harder" while making creepy eye contact to a woman.

18. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

No hurry i think adding the new patches made are more important if you have time to do it

19. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

up ^^

any news on the poxbox front?

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

SAVE US NEA!