Rune Forge Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Aug 19, 2015.

1. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

I think if things went untradeable it would really hurt new players and basically kill the tcg aspect of the game in regards to those new players. So many runes are hard to come by for noobies despite our efforts to help. If they don't have access to the forge for trade bait, they can't get certain runes.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's just a discussion, guys, to see what you guys think the effects are.

I am updating the topic with another idea/direction:

• What if we made no changes to the Forge at all, but allowed players to trade Shards?

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

In my mind being able to trade shards would be almost like when we were able to use credits in the trader so many years ago. I have a feeling that trades would start being posted with requests for shards going to the highest bidder. Runes would become worth their sacrifice value for many trades unless a player needs a specific rune.

4. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

trading shards sounds bad (easily abusable)

5. Sokolov

In what way?

6. Burcho

many alts with free bgs -> shard all and transfer. Currently: instead of sharding, forge something worthwile and trade (far more tedious). Or trade all and be faced with the max forge limit.

7. Sokolov

Can you shard the free BGs? I didn't think you could. We'd probably make those runes unshardable (which would probably be a case where they are untradeable, and untradeable runes cannot be sharded, etc.).

But, let's assume you can shard free runes, etc. That means this is something you can basically already do. The new thing here would be that it is slightly easier to transfer.

In any cases, there are plenty of minor ways to deal with this sort of thing.

8. Burcho

they were untradeble first, but later changed into shardable, but not tradable, at the end they were just normal.

9. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Trickle up and trickle down, I wouldnt foist either as an answer. A diagonal trickle is all that works in the modern world.

10. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

I believe this deserves a title update/new thread.

I support shard trading, this will standardize a lot of runes value up to limited, but those are meant to be rare.

11. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

WHat exactly is the Rune forge Limit atm?

Is it:

-6 runes to Craft
    -10 to disenchant

per week?

When is reset?

12. Burcho

no limit to shard, limit to forge exo and legendary only (5-6/week)

13. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Then I might actually do the auction trader without going through the pains of bootstrapping the whole economy first.

Anima26 likes this.
  14. Asmodeu22

Asmodeu22 New Member

15. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

This seems good to me. Being able to buy exos for slightly over 200 shards instead of forging them for 500 seems great.

16. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

With poxbox apparently going to shut down soon, i think now would be a good time to help out player trading. I dont want to just flock to poxpoints, id like to actually trade player to player, without the sharks ofcourse.

soulmilk likes this.
  17. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Sounds good

18. ghklf

ghklf I need me some PIE!

For #1, I don't like the idea to remove the trade system, and I would rather improve it, say allow players to trade shards.

For example, the "seller" could set a buy out price, say a specific rune or certain mount of shards, if the buy out price is fulfilled the trade completed automatically.

I don't mind to have an auction either. This may be better for preventing new players from being sharked.

To me, a trade system is a must for this game, the current trade system is just not functioning well. It has remained the same for years, time to improve it.

#2 agreed, but relatively low priority.

I agree with #3, but I think we should be careful about the rate.

Currently the only way to "create" new runes is spend cash to buy packs.

I am not able to get new leg and exo sometimes even though I am willing to spend a large mount of shards, gold and time.

Being able to get new runes without spending menoy is very important for F2P players, even that might mean we have to spend a lot of shards, gold and time.

#4, not interested since guilds really do little to this game.

So, the priority to me is 3124.

I like the trading shard idea, but also like the idea to have two forge rate, one tradable, another untradable.

19. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I like everything here except option number 3, current expansion runes should never be forgeable. My reason behind this is many of the vetearns could easily afford quadruple for the current expansion and buy every rune for the next like 5 expansions and not even be bothered by it. A lend option would be incredible though.