Comeing back after a few years

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by justixthe7, Sep 27, 2015.

1. justixthe7

justixthe7 New Member

And it seems there is a lot i need get back up on, the new balance looks good (the power-creep going crazy every expansion was killed it for me). Didnt see a FAQ to returning players anywhere so a few question.
    1. Any way to mass "melt" runes in the forge? is there a limit on forging runes (and if so why?)
    2. is there no way to buy packs from when i was gone?
    3. besides packs/tokens is there anything else to spend gold on?

PS. WHY isnt this Game not on the play/app store yet (this day and age it feels like it only makes since)

thanks you guys glad to see people are still rocking this game

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    Anima26 likes this.
  2. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Sure

There is no on site way but the mass forger design by Newsbuff works quite well. The link is somewhere in this thread http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/mass-shard.18311/

Packs are divided into 3 sets now, there is the newest set which you can only buy with money, the extended set which contains all the runes from path to conquest all the way too coalitions.

You can buy avatars campaigns and pre-made boxes with gold, im not entirely sure but im pretty sure name tokens/taunts are due for an eventual return.

Thank you for coming back to this excellent game.

Edit: Ninja'd by @Burcho

4. DaisyDukeNukem

DaisyDukeNukem I need me some PIE!

It would be awesome if this was on the tablet, however there are some technical issues with the way the game was originally designed. I think it would be more likely that development of Pox 2.0 from the ground up with the expectation of being on tablets (perhaps using libgdx's java lib so you can export to all stores without leaving the java environment Pox was developed in) will likely be when you see this happen.

5. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Is this hypothetical or do you know something?

6. justixthe7

justixthe7 New Member

thanks guys for the response and wow over 1560 runes to shard. wow the time that would take by hand would takes hours

Anima26 likes this.
  7. DaisyDukeNukem

DaisyDukeNukem I need me some PIE!

Hypothetical in terms of what DOG is doing. Factual in terms of the difficulty considering I tried two different times to do it when I was in charge of the code. I even had an xbox controller working in my test branch for accessing interface components.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

On the design side, you pretty much have to design with mobile in mind to start with. Menu systems and a lot of functionality of that nature wasn't even a real consideration back then.

Even stuff like scale of tiles is a concern - and wouldn't be an easy thing to correct/change at this point.

9. Silveraine

Silveraine I need me some PIE!

I remember you! Welcome back! ;)

10. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Welcome. :)

11. Ozariig

Ozariig I need me some PIE!

If this happened, would it really have to be rebuilt from scratch? I mean, the data layer, server, and I imagine most of the game logic (though I admit I'm not familiar with the differences in the libraries and tablet runtime) would stay the same and could be re-used. The design changes that @Sokolov is referring to is in the presentation and input layers.

So, it would need a new client and deployment architecture then. Which I imagine would be a pretty big effort, but the possibility of reaching a new audience is tantalizing. Maybe there are some design changes that could be made in a new client that could even broaden the niche for the game too?

Sokolov likes this.
  12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

At which point you are basically making a new game :D

Ozariig likes this.
  13. Ozariig

Ozariig I need me some PIE!

Well yeah, but think about how much smarter everyone is now ;)

Ah well. Sorry for the derail; welcome back, @justixthe7!