Welcome back sapper and juggler!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 4NIK8, Oct 3, 2015.

1. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Oh wait... you now can also blind and scour and has a lower CD? Cool beans! The time you spent on the shoebox made you well!

2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

its not the same at all. sapper was doing twice as much damage as bile zombie can do currently because of fire violitile, it was also 10 nora cheaper. Necrosis with bile zombie is pretty stupid though, I think necrosis is poorly designed.

3. 4NIK8

Yeah, maybe it's not the same but is just as broken.

Also, it's funny how they just nerfed Long Fuse Bomb and let this thing roll.

4. Kaziken

Kaziken I need me some PIE!

They nerfed it because you could Long Fuse Bomb in a cluster of units and use something like Desecration to instantly set it off. This could be over 20 damage in something like an AoE 3, not counting the range outside of that and the Desecration damage itself.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

What situation prompted you to conclude that Bile Zombie is -- as you imply -- too strong?

Beyond that, could you elaborate on your reasoning or supply some suggestions for how to change an issue, should people agree there is one?

Bellagion likes this.
  6. 15Deadmen

15Deadmen The King of Potatoes

h
    he pushed two units in front of a FW deployment zone, got bile bombed.

TeaScholar likes this.
  7. 4NIK8

Bile Zombie alone isnt the problem but getting close to FW font/dz and getting over 30 dmg in your face+blind+scour for multiple targets? If that doesnt seems too strong then nvm.

LFB did about the same dmg and didnt blind, bigger aoe, yeah, but much less dmg after AoE 2 since it wouldnt stack with most spells/AoE abilities and Desecrate is only 5 dmg.

8. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Learn to position better?It can move max 4 spaces before exploding and thats the best case scenarion(in case you have 7 champions on board since it has initative).Its also 26 damage(15 from bile,8 from disease and 2+1 from scour),not 30.Unless you give it death nova fire from the new lich.

TeaScholar likes this.
  9. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I just had a damn nightmare of a game vs Yobanchi ... He turtled inside his shrine DMZ with Serkan, so I had to come close to stop him from snowballing, but that put me at risk of Bile Zombies. He pretty much allowed me to win when he moved Serkan out of the DMZ so I could nuke him.

10. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

DMZ is one of my fav font bonuses, super useful. Whereas FS font bonus just makes me sad. IS and STs new ones are obv good too.

11. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

I gave you a like for your deft rhetorical positioning.

12. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I consider bile zombie to be op

SaintKiwi and doubtofbuddha like this.
  13. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Yeah, AOE 2 34 dmg + blind + scoured 2 is completely and totally not over the top.

14. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

What I find amusing is that the same people defending BZ are the same people that said Necrosis wasnt OP a while ago, when it grew without stopping. People back then said it provided a unique effect and changing it would equate to the theme being shoeboxed and whatnot.
    Yeah. Hilarious.

super71 likes this.
  15. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

Bile is alright, It's only really great in Worms.
    43 nora for an init unit that will deal 34 dmg+blind+scoured 2 isn't worth it in anything besides worms since no one is stupid enough to get it close.

You know whats over the top? shitloads of stuff we get in expansions.
    #creatingextrawork

16. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

You would be suprised.

But yeah,bile zombie is the lifeblood of worms,if its nerfed,worms should get some buffs.

17. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I honestly laughed. Please stop.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

23 DMG, not 34. 15+8. Both parts get mitigated by Tough, Scale Armor, and the SL bonus, and the 15 gets reduced by DEF.

If the greens decide to change Bile again, then I guess they do. The rune is great at looking flashy and spilling salt, that's for sure. Being on the other end of a 2x3 or 2x4 Bile turn can feel like a really raw deal, but some players mostly know how to handle the positioning problem; Karmavore and Curly have done some good work placing units against it in the past. Making a close cage formation is another way to minimize damage if you still want to keep units close.

Netherzen and Pattn199 like this.
  19. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I was specifically talking about the intersection of bile zombie + the new lich with grant death nova.

Of course if you are using the new lich you are probably not using worms which reduces its utility a lot. It might be fne? But I can definitely see how it would be extremely frustrating.

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Oh. Would have been nice to know that. And yeah, that Lich has no home in Worms, and outside of Worms, Bile can be rough to position, although it's still doable, probably.