2015-03 to 2015-09 Faction WRs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Sep 21, 2015.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Could you split it into faction win rates when you are 100+ and win rates when you are 100+ below? I think we are losing valuable information by combining the two!

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Maybe I am misunderstanding, but this is exactly what I have.

0-99 difference is when you are close in rating to your opponent.
    100+ is when you are not.

Or do you mean splitting into high ranked players WR and low ranked players WR? Say, 1500+ and less than 1500?

This is something I plan on doing, but I have to decide on a methodology for this, since the rating changes from game to game and I need to decide whether to use the game-time rating or some other metric.

3. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Currently you have combined the games where you are 100 above your opponent and 100 below your into one bucket I want them in two buckets. My original request left a an "over" out after the first 100+. Sorry.

And yeah, controlling for player ranking (to some extent) might be helpful. Perhaps start with rating bins, and go from there?

DarkJello likes this.
  4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Ah, I see.

5. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

No, it means a bunch of low ranked players play ST ;)

6. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I find it interesting that while some groups (cough"stitched"cough) have a larger number of wins in total, they don't necessarily have a higher Win %. It's good to see you take both into account (rather than just raw numbers, or just percentage).

Obviously stitched are popular, but I guess I'm a little surprised to see that they don't have a higher Win % (assuming that FW/UD is mainly Stitched).

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Could be vampyre/bleed

SireofSuns likes this.
  8. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

you should make war banners race specific, and then create a whole set of them. let the players tell you what theme they are running by their war banner.

DarkJello likes this.
  9. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

So this sums it up. IS OP

10. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I want to see win rate vs each individual faction. That is what will tell you how balanced each faction is.

For example I think KF has a lower win rate against IS/FW/ST/UD. Higher vs SP/sl/fs.

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

more like fs is easier for lower rank players because of the nora gen and high rank sp players farm lower ranks hardcore.

IronStylus likes this.
  12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I bet 89 in 311 is @Agirgis1 or @mw24 bunch of scrubs

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  13. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

I do lose a lot ... :c

14. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

KF almost went 5 for 5 in lowest win ratio splits.

Can we confirm KF units are pre nerfed due to their free +1 speed now please? :p

15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

We're already aware of this :p just like UD ranged units NORMALLY dont get ranged units because of their faction bonus, ST doesnt get high defense units, and so on

16. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Lol

17. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

KF/SL is 4th highest split. I play KF/SL. Does this mean I'm good at the game? o_O

18. Lupefi2

Lupefi2 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Who is playing is/fs and what are they running!!

19. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Buff ST overall? ;)

20. itzdaT

itzdaT Member

I am surprised about SL, full faction/split win rates are not very important imo. Win rate / themes should be much more important. [Even tho it's hard to define a theme in a BG, but some basic formula could be used. Example: 10+ champs from the same race / BG = 1 theme.]