Cactuar Crate - Path of De'lim Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

It does cost the same as Jungle Front, so this deserves a thought.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Snow Strike is currently 6 nora, reduced by 2 back in August.

I know that Poxbase isn't updated and it's hard to find this information, but I do think it's telling that this stuff happens and basically no one notices.

Lushiris and Cydna like this.
  3. Lushiris

Sorry man, my bad. :oops:

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Now that you mention it, it seems so much better ;)

5. Lushiris

I forgot to mention, the reason we don't know is( correct me if wrong please) that patch notes only show which abilities got nora cost reductions, and then proceeds to show champions' cost reductions. So sometimes it's not easy to relate each ability to each champion.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  6. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Are you planning on looking at or changing the Distichous runes at any point? Skybreak Dragon and Corrupted Overlord are a bit weird. Id like to run Corrupted Overlord but idk.

Edit: Also, what was the reason for Mysian Lamia losing Race: Mirefolk? Was there a reason guys? Mysian Necromancer has Race: Mirefolk so i dont know, give Lamia the Race: Mirefolk back or remove it from Necromancer for consistency? Im curious as to why Lamia lost it.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  7. 15Deadmen

15Deadmen The King of Potatoes

wait, you guys dont have your own easy-to-search change logs? What if poxbase never gets updated?! WE'RE DOOMED!!!

avichaif likes this.
  8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

To fit with the abilities granted, Berserker should probably be at -6/+4/+14, rather than -2/+7/+14. Currently, the lower ranks essentially grant a package of stats and abilities at a premium, rather than either parity or discount. I think those should be made consistent with the independent amounts, and then have manual costs make up the difference where necessary.

9. Sokolov

Do you think Careless is properly costed at -5? Or do you think it's worth more like -8 or -9? Given your valuation of Berserker it suggests you think that Careless itself is also miscosted at -5.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

On Poxbase it is listed as -10 -- is that number out of date? I think -5 would be too little, as it will cost invariably cost something serious in either AP or positioning. Assuming a champion loses an effective 1 AP to Careless every turn -- whether from forced poor positioning to optimize AP or from actually bleed -- that is an inverse of 1 SPD, which is 8 nora.

11. Sokolov

Yes, it is currently -5. But I think it doesn't matter, the point is whether Careless is properly costed and by extension, whether Berserker is properly costed.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Aight. See above post then -- I think it should be -9 or -10. It's worse than Stasis or Lethargic.

13. Sokolov

Of course, there's only ONE champion with Careless right now as base or upgrade ability - and it's a champion with Stationary, so it's not like changing it has any real impact.

(Thus making it more interesting as a discussion of Berserker.)

14. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Berserker seems really bad to me. I never want to see it on a champion and dont really run anything that has it (on base or upgrades).

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Can we get rid of Arrowthrow and Riposte ranks? Allows for more diversity on upgrade lines of a few champs.

16. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

How many champs with riposte/arrow throw are there that get run a lot right now? i dont think i see any

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

My point exactly, I want to run Dwarven Windfury but he sucks.

18. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

I have seen some Bok Guardian in this times, but I would love to see more champ with it, only if we get rid of their ranks.

Can Clamp be fixed? Or better, can you fix the interation of clamp from 2x2 units?

19. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

I like running an 80+ unit as long as I feel it's worth it :D if that tune is not affecting my BG in a meaningful way then I won't use it at that cost. Example: dead fairy is really good and is totally runnable at 80+. Despite people complaining about the weakness of witches, rip witch is still really strong over 80.
    I think people are slowly breaking old pox habits (and I do mean slowly). One habbit is running the most nota efficient champs at their cheapest cost. I honestly believe the game is slowly moving to the point to where those good, but underplayed 80+ Nora champs have their chance. The only exception in my eyes is Zeventrech which I remember you saying something about.

20. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Stitched skelleform gets some mileage out of it in my opinion