Our Avatar is being jypped

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by OriginalG1, Dec 8, 2015.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

2. OriginalG1

What kinda of ability would you like to see Zarimahl of Elsarin gain?
    Glimps into the utterdark can give the avatar phase shift, but the avatar can not stealth, so i am not feeling phase shift.

3. Uruboz

Uruboz I need me some PIE!

HAAA!! just notice that... dat 8 skills from kthir faction literally broken... and we have 6 and no game changing after we transfigure

G Firking G

EDIT: Give him Foul Strike and one of those

Dark Sanctuary
    Dark Favor 4 (12 dmg)
    Dark Healing

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
    OriginalG1 likes this.
  4. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Problem is he used to have Boon of the Undead, until they removed it from the game. He never got compensated; I'd suggest Unspeakable as a replacement. It fits thematically, and allows him to have an on-deploy effect like the other avatars do.

Anima26, Netherzen and OriginalG1 like this.
  5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Why on earth do Avatar abilities matter? I'd rather have more max shrine HP.

6. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

People would probably crap a brick if dark favor was on him.
    Disease immunity would probably be fine.

7. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

zombie plague is the right answer here, I think

8. noamkeren

noamkeren I need me some PIE!

LOL, no.
    It's cool, just too much OP, maybe rank 2-3?

9. 15Deadmen

15Deadmen The King of Potatoes

favor 2 is about the same of the KF's balance right?

10. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Hmmmm what about dread? It would stack with frightful aura ;)

OriginalG1 likes this.
  11. yobanchi

[​IMG]

Qucas, Anima26 and TeaScholar like this.
  12. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I have a better idea: nerf all the other Avatars, and then nerf FW's some more. And then buff the standard Shrines/Avatars a bit (I mean those default ones you get without spending gold on raw ingame power). Aim to bring them all to the same level.

I'm glad to see that after so many firking years, this is finally a thing being considered by the devs (see Cactuar Crate).

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  13. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

Wait, wut?

A marginally useful swarm (the aura would damage Zarihmal (no longer immune to disease :( ), that likely roadblocks himself as much as the enemy....that's a terrible idea.

Proliferating even more of the over-hated Dark Favor.... that's a good idea.

I think your logic is a touch skewed.

Granted, I'm half joking about zombie plague, but I don't think the forums, as dead as they are, would survive the surge of hate threads giving Zarihmal Dark Favor. All honesty, my true and honest opinion is that he needs Cast: Mobilization to bring him back on par with the other Avatars

Or Unspeakable, that would be a cool alternative.

14. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

in all honesty, i dont think it matters what we give him as 95% of FW players will try their hardest to avoid having to transfigure. (Maybe because we have the second weakest avatar) but mostly because out of all factions we need the extra nora the most.

15. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's really not an extra ability for KF because Nature's Blessing is rank 3 and Skylancer is rank 3. This happened with the revamp.

All Avatars abilities are being reduced to 3 ranks soon and Skylancer on the KF avatar will go away with that as well.

The only reason the FW Avatar has one less ability is because of the removal of Boon, as @JazzMan1221 pointed out.

We could throw some Disease Immunity on him as that is about as useful as the what the other Avatars have in that slot:
    • ST: Arctic
    • FS: Amphibious
    • KF: Purified (but Avatar prevents most forms of CC anyway)
    • IS: Spell Resistance (but IS bonus makes this do almost nothing in most cases)
    • etc.
    Unspeakable is probably ok too though, but suggestions of Dark Favor and Dread are clearly insane.

Qucas, yobanchi and Tweek516 like this.
  16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

If I could easily adjust stats, I would, but it's a bit of a can of worms there.

17. OriginalG1

Thank you for openly addressing the issue. Looking forward to the decisions.

18. yobanchi

Hmmm hadn't thought of unspeakable but yeah that would be very cool as an on deploy visual.

It's really a toss up for me.

On one hand dis immunity is more consistent to some extent with other avatars like ud.

On the other hand day deploy effect is so flavorful stylish and more impactful as far as what other avatars have as well

OriginalG1 likes this.