Rage Quitting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phynixe, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

It's pretty ridiculous. I never thought of rage quitting as a major issue because I'd rarely run into players that did so. But recently, it's been happening a lot, and it's getting tiring. Obviously, I get up and do something when someone rage quits, but sometimes, you're off doing something else whilst waiting for the game to end, and sike, they're back.

There's no way to deal with this really, and I'd provide ideas, but I've taken a look at it from every angle, and I can't seem to come up with a solution. Anyone else have any ideas?

2. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Think of it as a compliment.

DarkJello, Tweek516, Alakhami and 3 others like this.
  3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

rage quits arent nearly as bad as the game not pausing when a player dcs, the game lagging hard and the sound turning off randomly, or players having the ability to drop games when a player tries to reconnect to fix lag from the game or just randomly dcs.

Anima26 and Sealer0 like this.
  4. Phynixe

I agree. The biggest issue here would be the ability to drop a game after a disconnect. It's an issue I haven't experienced for a while, but I sure have experienced it a lot back then.
    The game should automatically pause only if the disconnect happens during the players turn. (Otherwise, it could be abused in some way, I can't say precisely as it has yet to be implemented.)
    I lag if I leave my client open for 2-4 hours straight, then I have to relaunch. I believe I heard the steam client negates this lag, but I think it's a lot more convenient to run the Pox launcher itself.
    Regardless, something has to be done about rage quitting.

5. Phynixe

Trust me, I think of it as much as a compliment as I do annoying.

6. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Ppl who dc and come back are not ragequitters... And a 3 minute wait is something you should be able to live through...

7. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I ragequit a lot accidentally because I want to surrender and hit the wrong button ... then I relog and surrender ...

But in any case I'm mad