Farming wins... From yourself

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Dec 21, 2015.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Recently been watching a few games and watched the same dude exoutcome play against his alt to farm wins. He did this 3 times as far as i've seen. Can we please make it so stuff like this isn't possible, alts have been ruining this game for years.

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

@kalasle this guy is from our guild. and i did see him talk about this. Thoughts? Action?

3. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Name start with S?
    Ranked or tournament?

4. themacca

his alt is named Kidzzzzz

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I will not talk here about any specific actions that will occur within PA, as that is the business of only the parties involved, but there will certainly be action on that front. Speaking as a moderator, this issue should really be advanced up to @Senshu if it concerns unintended use of a game system i.e. the ranking rewards system.

6. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Alt accounts are against the rules. Punishable by benefits.

Qucas, Netherzen, mw24 and 2 others like this.
  7. super71

Been this way for years.

8. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

We are aware that this does occure and it is only really possible with a small player population. There are a few things that we are looking into in this regard, but as @super71 mentioned this is not anything new.

9. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

All honesty, I've usually found that the kind of people that are willing to 'game' the system like this are usually the people that I'd rather not associate with in any capacity. Not that nothing should be done, mind, but it kinda keeps the social scum in a centralized location of sorts.

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

that's a very narrow minded point of view.

11. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

I respect your opinion on the matter, but I don't think it really is. Exceptions to the norm do not refute the norm. M0st people that do this are antisocial cave-trolls that would rather amass shiny digital pixels than have interaction with other people.

12. super71

I bet if we ran the ip adress it would be very very similar to mw's almost identical.

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

im not currently playing this game atm, waiting for them to fix fw and more of the themes. I'm also not a fan of everyone being battlemaster rank, lol.

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

i would have been on a 4th or 5th by now if i was doing that. I don't need to though, I have enough runes.

15. themacca

Feel free to treat the forums the same way.

16. themacca

thats still what people expect. but lol who the Firk would pay that

17. ArleneBarlow

ArleneBarlow New Member

I don't see a problem with this.

The only reason to do this is to obtain runes, the only reason to obtain runes is to you could make a bg and play. Pox needs all the players it can get right now.

This does not harm other players. There is nothing worse than feeling like you are being crippled because you don't have the runes to compete, and being able to farm like so alleviates that.

And i'm sure from a business perspective a player farming and not spending any money right now > no player at all. Since more players = less queue time and therefore better experience for paying players, and as always there is a possibility that a free-2-play player now will become a pay-2-play player in the future.

18. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Making another person waste 30 minutes is a problem.

Anima26 likes this.
  19. ArleneBarlow

ArleneBarlow New Member

well, the OP mentions ranked play, so this is not an issue.

even in tournament, there's no real reason for farmer to hold up another player, because then he's holding up his alt account as well, and he would be better off just giving up the game. the fact that he doesn't is really only for spiteful reasons, but that's no different than playing a ranked game and timing down every round while doing the minimum to not be considered afk and given a loss.

20. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

manipulating a tournament to give yourself an unfairly increased chance of a prize so that you can return with a better bg?
    lmfao..yea ok
    im sure thats what sok had in mind when overhauling the tourney system.