State of Pox

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doubtofbuddha, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Mike

Mike New Member

Been playing on and off for a long time myself. even back in the days where cp mattered.

Most of the changes have taken things into a better direction thus far.

A few ideas I have to float in to make things more fun: New cp system make it matter, reset everyone's cp so they can choose any of the new changes.

Team game play, magic the gathering has game modes like two headed giant, emperor etc...

You do not have to copy that but take a look at adding competitive and cooperative multiplayer.

larger maps to accommodate 2vs2, 3vs3 game play...

or even a tougher game play for those really good players out there 1 vs 2.

I am not saying this is going to fix the current state but these are just a few of my ideas to spice things up.

Vorian likes this.
  2. prymusedek

prymusedek I need me some PIE!

^ I would like to see some of top players go 1vs2 xD

3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

1 v 2,

player 1 has a 40 rune bg, generate 90 Nora through their shrine, and have a 2:30 turn timer.

The other two players each only gain 6 Nora a turn through fonts.

4. Tweek516

Oh, and don't change the cp system.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Just have one person play two accounts against two other people in a 2v2 game. Easy. Honestly, I'd give the edge to the one player, because trying to communicate with someone else who isn't on the same page is a nightmare.

6. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

When tsunami's stop flooding the town of Poxnora with every patch let me know. Meanwhile I'll be scrubbing on Tanks.

7. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

My thoughts in a nutshell:

Game is in a much, much better state than it was one year ago.
    Still, the lack of players makes the game boring and predictable eventually.
    I came back briefly for a month, and am out again.
    Maybe Pox just isnt the game for me anymore. Probably.

8. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

The important thing that Sok proved is that this game CAN be revived. He has done so successfully, the playing playerbase has increased, there's been quite a few new players post-revamp, those are clear signs that the game is getting more healthy. Just give it it time, dude.

9. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Nah, I'm good.
    Also, playerbase has increased? What? Quite a few new players? Yeah, don't think so man. I played a lot on december, and the most players I saw online were around 100 (and I'm being nice here). I also logged on many different time periods, and it didnt change much (only worse, most of the times I logged on the number online was 80ish).
    But you guys go ahead and have fun!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  10. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

The playerbase seems to have stabalised, and new players seem to be replacing old ones that drop out --- which is a whole lot better than it could have been by this point. It wasn't long ago that there were almost zero people picking up the game.

Sure, the playerbase could be much bigger -- and i think that growing the playerbase should remain the main focus. Though I'm sure it's much easier to say that than it is to achieve it.

11. Tweek516

I've definitely noticed a lot more new players.

12. aryh

aryh New Member

well i recently came back after 3 years and i have to say that this is the same pox i used to love. I learned by accident that sony gtfo'ed from pox and came back immediately to check it out. Pretty sure if more old players learn about it, more will come. Sure the game doesnt have the playerbase it used to have, IS is still op and FS are still f***gs, but the game is just awesome and devs are doing a great job it seems. (nerf witches dmz abuse pls) The only thing on the downside i would say are the complex mechanics and the gazilion of different abilities. If it took an old 99lvl player like me weeks to relearn most of the stuff (still not all) imagine how tough it is for new players. Could be insanely discouraging. New guys who stick around should get tons of help and runes from old players imo.

Alakhami and badgerale like this.
  13. Poxjedi

Poxjedi I need me some PIE!

10,000 games played & still absolutely love it, been playing for years & nothing else compares

Xirone likes this.
  14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

somebody publish this.

15. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

I think i'm going to hop on to the "get rid of splits" train :mad:
    The game is in a much better place than it was a year ago though :D

doubtofbuddha and Xirone like this.