Sokolov appreciation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Thanks for the thread :) @BurnPyro!

And yes, whatever you might like that I did, wouldn't be possible without everyone else at DOG!

Note: Good feedback is also useful because it lets me know what you guys liked! :D

Gnomes and Tweek516 like this.
  2. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Stop

Runegod and BurnPyro like this.
  3. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Whatcha playing these days ballsie?

4. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Sok deserves the utmost recognition. He saved a dying game, there's still a decent amount of changes to be done, but what has be done so far is astonishingly great.

themacca likes this.
  5. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

I like this game, and how it works. So I shall sign this appreciation thread.

Leadrz likes this.
  6. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I appreciate sok's willingness to revisit themes...even if they have already received several looks. Barbs aren't perfect but I appreciate the effort for sure.

7. redChapel

redChapel The King of Potatoes

I live the overall flexibility of champion selection in themes, I feel a lot less pigeonholed into using the same champions.

Goyo likes this.
  8. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I have played all themes. And yes, if you do want to focus on Oozing Slag I advise also running 2x Hanging Slag, all with Acid eater - Oozeking is in too ofc. Unless you're fighting against some intense AoE BG or lots of disease, I don't see you losing easily, even if your enemy has swarm.

9. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Though it hasn't been done yet, I really liked the "let's design an expansion" challenge in the forums. I really want to see what Sok does with some of those!

10. Runegod

Runegod I need me some PIE!

I'm gonna have to go with @Ballballer and agree you don't know what your talking about when it comes to sp slags, no offense man. Slags are in no way a top tier or even mid-tier bg right now, they have no range, few bombs, their damage is piss poor, the only way to compete with slags is to draw sludge pool very very early. Since seism is so overpowered now relics that generate terrain have become almost useless.

11. Runegod

Runegod I need me some PIE!

Who is liquin 3rd ?

12. Ballballer

Get better and youll see it a lot easier. Geez this dude is ridiculous

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

He is the shadow that moves just out of the corner of your eye. He is the noise you think you hear when you are alone. He is the face you see when you shut your eyes in fear. He is our terrible and mighty master. You exist because he allows you to.

Runegod, IMAGIRL, mw24 and 1 other person like this.
  14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

he has played all themes in rare league or higher

I think he knows what he's talking about

Ballballer likes this.
  15. Ballballer

This should be his signature hahahahaha

16. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Just to make it clear, I have Balballer ignored exactly because I don't consider anything he says to be minimally useful to this community - therefore I won't even bother reading whatever he said.

But anyway, Slags' playstyle is attrition - they rely on continuous Aura/Bomb damage and on their healing to survive, and despite having a low burst damage potential, they are very hard to kill specially if your enemy lacks ranged champions. I agree that Seism does screw up with several relics, mainly those that require time to do their job, and Sludge Pool suffers greatly from it.

I never said Slags are top tier, but don't buy what some people might tell you: the power difference in most themes is based on a few champions, so playing a theme well pays off more than one would expect.

And lastly, it's a matter of preference: if you like themes, play them - you might not win as much but you will surely do well when you have enough practice. However, if you just enjoy stacking victories, copy ballballer's BG and be happy, it's a valid choice.

17. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

I really appreciate the effort being put into poxnora, and seeing everyone's commitment to make it running again really makes me happy, for poxnora does have a special place in my heart. Even though I like everyone's work on it, I really appreciate Sokolov and his infamous cactuar more than anyone else.

Tough luck, DOGs, for me Sokolov is the alpha.

Lushiris and Xirone like this.
  18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Cactuar Alpha?!

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Only if its absolutely ripped and has a six-pack.

20. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Yes, but there are no other cactaurs to give you AP. So sad.