Defending the weekend tourneys

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Willow, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Willow

Willow I need me some PIE!

whoa! dont talk about my bb senshu like that!! also me and skeez havent "farmed" since the ferren ninjas back in october xD how are we the face of this na zi regime lmaooo

2. ButterFaceGirl

ButterFaceGirl Active Member

You joined tournaments 10 times?

And you call others farmers?

Don't make me laugh.

Willow likes this.
  3. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Shh your defending this because you abuse it more than anyone, honestly I would be okay with the weekend tournys staying and players like you that make people sit the 30 minutes being banned for life.

4. super71

Alt account for willow

5. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

@Senshu
    so I just wanna be clear
    I have an account,, if I make maybe 3 or 4 more accounts....then I can have em all join a tourney.. with luck, ill have at least 1 pair of my acc meet up,,, quitting one will secure me a 2nd place prize (exotic), now I can play the other game I have going, (meanwhile other acc afk )hopefully get a win, (2exo) and another? auto leg with some luck.
    all day sat and sun. so did I do it right?
    if so,, I have one question,,, why the hell am I spending 2 weeks doing even more boring heroics?
    for me,, yes it is about the match,, the prize of course is nice,, but im spending time building bgs to play... if this is not a problem, then its fine too...but why not just make the cards much more available at this point. ..
    as I said, , I played tons of tournies in mtg and they would NEVER hand out the top cards willy nilly,,, its about packs..
    .if anything after 2 weeks of heroics , a leg and an exo should be auto with the 9k gold.

Sealer0 and super71 like this.
  6. super71

Pox is pretty much known for letting ******** run amuck, and the decent players suffer. Look at the pox box bullshit a couple months ago, most of the veteran players abused that, and that represents our community in a nutshell.

Good post though very well said, imo after completing all heroic achievements it should be an automatic x2 packs from the earlier expansions and the shards.

7. super71

Here's something to blow your mind, they are all the same person.

8. super71

Nah just another internet tough guy, sad sad generation of kids.

9. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

I am fully aware of the popularity of the Draft Tournaments, and maybe we will just have to stop tournaments all together just like when a rune is banned because it is being exploited and needs to be fixed. Like I said, on one will be 100% satisfied with the solution.

10. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Yea I legitimately joined 10 different tournaments looking for genuine competition in order to win runes. Sadly I was disappointed. I didn't use any alt accounts. I stand behind my loss record and I am honest. I am fine with using my original account and I don't care if I am bad at this game. I don't lie, steal, or cheat with alts. Taking words I use out of context and using them against me to look good is akin to thinking logical fallacies will win you an argument. DMRbadguy, me, and whoever else thinks abusing tourneys is wrong won this thread a long time ago as soon as you idiots opened your mouths in game about abusing tournaments.

11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

On an unrelated note, can i have that cory and bragh?

12. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

Can I have your runz?

13. super71

Or just don't allow draft runes to be tradable or shardable.

14. Senshu

15. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

on a side note,,, Ive mentioned and agree with the idea of tournies having some weekend flair in the form of various bg types,,, com-rare only, highlanders, only champs etc.
    break up the meta, players getting creative, unused runes might get a second look, many more reasons. packs being prizes of course.
    players just take there ranked decks to tournie.. pretty mundane . its friday! shake it up!!!
    alternate types of play can be just as fun, as even sok seems to enjoy a lil pox coliseum now and then as well :)

16. Senshu

Having tournament restrictions to permit only certain factions or certain expansions is something we would at some point like to do, but that would be predicated on that back end work that would allow us to do such things.

17. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Dude hook it up, I'm down to make some cash like that

18. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

Get rid of the 30 min timer and put normal ranked timers. Half problem solved? o_O

Runegod likes this.
  19. Runegod

Runegod I need me some PIE!

I don't get it, how do you abuse the tourney system ?

20. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

On an actually related note. I'm in favor of Stopping the tournaments for a while until you clean up the whole mess surrounding them. It does the game no favors to have stupidly large amounts of runes being brought into the game with no benefit to DoG. Alternatively, i know this is a spit in the face at the people who dont like ranked but, league requirement to enter tourneys?