Worms Ground Zero

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Sep 5, 2015.

1. flador

flador The King of Potatoes

Well... That's embarassing. I somehow got the impression that you were new to worms despite the fact that you've posted earlier in this thread... Sorry mate.

2. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Its ok,dont worry about it.

3. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Anyone try the new carrionling at 30 nora? Seems like this would maybe allow Blinking to be more runnable and possibly replace bones.

Currently testing it out and running a bile explosion as well.

I'm also testing out running Martyr with propagate carrionling and having putrid and Phantasmal have their auras.

You can park them and carrionlings next to colossus/Martyer and spawn a crap ton of carrionlings.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Not spending 30 nora on that when it doesn't have Necrosis. Would rather run Broken Bones.

How has Martyr been? I haven't been running it recently, and it only looks so-so. Experience say otherwise?

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Can Colossus run across shallow lava for unlimited carrionlings?

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah, if you want -- not really unlimited, but several.

7. flador

Martyr, even with propagate, doesn't feel as valuable as playing something with necrosis. If your strategy revolves around surge worm with the carrionlings though, he's probably alright. One colossus usually gets me all the carrionlings I need.

8. flador

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I have no experience with them, but you aren't getting much -- SP worms aren't good at getting any sort of growth, and they also don't benefit from it in any serious way. Also, you lose out on the CDR for Colossus, BZ, and the rest of the crew, which sucks; you can't just throw away Blood Fiends as a straight resource play. I think SP/worms are worse than FF worms, and would call them strictly inferior if it wasn't for Consume Resources, which is such a fiendishly powerful spell for FW and especially worms that it's almost worth it. Even so, the deck isn't especially competitive.

10. Netherzen

Wat?

worm.JPG

Anyway,even if he was 30 nora he is still overpriced.I would run him at 20 nora and not one nora globe more.

11. yobanchi

That's incorrect from what I'm seeing in game and in my rune manager. I see 30 nora.

12. yobanchi

I have a little experience with it. Basically the main cadre of worms are from FW with maybe a splash of either mr. gobblesworth or that guy with portal/nora miner depending if you want to run phantasmal or not.

It's more of a heavier reliance on colossus with aura though. Run crazy stuff like Zealotry, betrayal, that sp 3 aura spell on your stuff while casting consumed resources. It can be effective but the game plays different.

13. noamkeren

noamkeren I need me some PIE!

upload_2016-2-7_16-53-14.png upload_2016-2-7_16-54-55.png Find the different...

14. yobanchi

Ah Ha! There is the culprit.

So honest question.

IF the carrionling cost 30 nora and U2 Curse was replaced with either Necrosis OR Creeping harvest. Would it be runnable?

Creeping harvest is the better option if Death Spawn Carrionling still comes with upgrades.
    Necrosis would be fine IF death spawn is fixed to not spawn upgraded guys.

15. Netherzen

firk yes

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Honest answer: I don't know. Maybe. It would be different, so it would be worth an experiment at least, and it would be more powerful, so it would have an increased chance of getting in, but beyond that it's hard to say. With Necrosis, it becomes a viable spot-deploy champ if you really need a bit of position control, and with Creeping Harvest, he might be worth running in the back lines in worms as cleanup duty, and as a spot-deploy on in-SDZ globes. None of that means it would necessarily be worth playing in any respect. With any change, especially one in worms, it's hard to say whether or not something will show up afterwards.

Of course, if a 30 nora champion gets Creeping Harvest, I'm just going to toss it into an ED/Yard deck and abuse the hell out of that, so be warned.

yobanchi likes this.
  17. yobanchi

Good Points Kalasle.

Necrosis is the safer option if Death Spawn is (and should be) fixed to not have upgrades. Otherwise Colossus becomes a liability since the necrosis deaths from the 4 worms will trigger the loss if outside the deploy zone.

The similarities between the spell at 25 nora and a body for 30 nora with necrosis ability are comparable cheep options for expansion and may allow other worm builds.

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Could you elaborate on this statement? Not quite sure what you mean, aside from the costing similarity between Carrionling and Necrohex.

19. flador

I would certainly try running 2 if it had necrosis. That's basically paying 30 for a SDZ increase, as long as you keep him inside the zone. You gain SDZ, +1 damage on all your surge worms, and +2 AP on your eyes when he dies, so even if he never attacked and just sat around in my DZ there might be enough there to be worth 30 nora.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  20. yobanchi

Sure. Basically necrosis the spell costs 25 Nora increases the sdz 1 and grants necrosis and boon.

Carrionling at 30 Nora with necrosis u2 instead of curse basically makes this a little more expensive version of the spell but with a body.

The added benefit is the aura for some surprise damage, contesting, and works with the small death benefit synergies that are floundering in the theme. Think blinking vengeful and putrids globe which this little guy will drop.

Seems like he'd be worth a synergy spot over bbones.