Cactuar Crate - Visions of Amareth Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 22, 2015.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

enemy needs to be the one to disengage.

2. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Gale Force. Needs. A. Recode.

Why hasn't this been done? How long has the spell stayed unchanged? It's always been in the meta. Other spells in similar rune longevity/meta like TC, Mobi, DB, Quickening, Font Eruption, Ice Storm, RD have been changed? The spell still is able to generate great amount of damage and cliff champs. This is what I got.

Gale Force Enemy champions within the affected area take 6 Frost damage and are knocked back 3 spaces.

This will make it impossible for the spell to generate over 30 damage with allied units. it will only do so if your opponent is really dumb and leave 2 champs in a straight line adjacent to a font. At the same time, gale can be used more effectively at times when your units are engaged.

3. Qucas

Qucas Guest

But that means if you want to use it on your own champs to get them in range of an enemy unit, you can't. What if a range champion is one hit from being dead and it runs away?

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Gale Force used to be 35 nora. It has gotten cost increases numerous times AND has actually been recoded twice. At one point it actually could cliff dive easily (before the AP clause was added), then it gave flying to solve that but then that might you could combo with ice storm.

Most of the other spells haven't seen code changes in a long time either (if ever), though a few have gotten a cost change. TC's only change recently was to fix a bug where it was generating nora from illusions.

I feel Gale Force is in an interesting spot right now where it isn't a mindless AE and rewards positioning and skill and it is this kind of spell that we want to encourage in the meta, I think.

5. Sokolov

Cliffdiving in general I want to fix, but that's a bigger problem.

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

you could just prevent possessed units from walking off cliffs and lower the cost of possession in general at the same time.

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I think he meant coding wise that's a bigger problem.

8. Sokolov

Yes. Also, I wouldn't want to do it just for Possession.

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Can we fix the animation cluster**** that is Fire Ruby. It took 20 seconds to move 2 champs because it forcibly paused my unit each space, did the animation, and repeated.

noamkeren likes this.
  10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Oozing Slag should get healing deficiency. Look at Snowman and Occuli Slag.

Hallucinogenic should be a defensive or an offensive ability. It'd be better as a defensive ability. Also why is cleansing the only counter to it?

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

healing deficiency is what shoeboxed snowman smart one... hallucinogenic could use a nerf and possible cost reduction though.

12. themacca

I SUPPORT THIS. seriously though someone can just use this stuff to waste an opponents timer by combining it with a bunch of fire acolytes and orb of protection

IMAGIRL likes this.
  13. Alakhami

Agreed. Hallucinogenic is way too much (after getting r4ped by mindwarp frog lol)

Sealer0 likes this.
  14. Alakhami

Hm, I don't remember it being 35, only thing I remember is a 5 nora increase and a change to how cliffdiving works. It's not that big of an issue now, especially since there's like 3 maps in the ranked rotation with chasms.

But the damage output of it single handidly is too much, especially when you can position units that won't get hurt from the knockback (ethereal champs for example).

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Make knockback do 3 or 4 damage instead?

16. Alakhami

yeah, that's something I had in mind. Not sure though how that would effect the game on a larger scale.

17. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

Relocate: Demon cost 12 when Relocate: Ally cost 8 and Relocate: Foe cost 10?
    can u change Deep Elf Priestess to cost less?
    lose 7 spd lose moltiattck for something else?
    change the cost of Relocate: Demon to 8 or 10
    she cost in the past 65 and now she cost at list 74

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Relocate: Demon is CD 2 instead of 3, that's why it costs more.

19. themacca

No.

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

why the heck did you guys put elsari coven on the same line as chill on frostvein witch, i cant comprehend what was going through the devs mind when they made this change.

wats the deal with so many 8 dmg 40 hp champs that are supposed to be core to themes like archer commander and elsarin votary. the crap stats/nora cost theyve been given is just plain stupid. how the heck does this even happen...

the devs really suck at building champs properly, its like they use a number randomizer when building champs.

the - dmg on instill panic is uncleansable...

@Gutsa name a knockback champ thats actually overpowered, just because you lost to something doesnt mean its broken...

i dont even consider knockback to even be particularly strong, its not very useful on most melees outside of massive leap and i usually prefer being able to more easily double tap with range than having knockback.(its also an additional 3-5 nora for slam)

yeah, they just completely messed up the demon theme. deep elf summoner, deep elf priestess, maxxarek, and many more UD demons have been utterly destroyed by their attempts to "balance" them which just ended up making the runes worse than trash.

i dont understand how they manage to continuously mess up this bad again and again.

the avatar nerfs make them way more boring to play and extremely weak, it was a bad idea.(even if they would have lowered the nora they drain per turn while transfigured and i dont think they even did that) also there is no cap on soulstrike damage which allows it to 4 shot avatars and they can also be dispelled by the dispell ability for some strange reason.

it also makes no sense that expensive abilities that only work properly in theme like warcry, acolyte, and eaters are on base of many champs instead of on upgrades, its just stupid really. some champs have recently received battle harden 3 as an alternative but this ability is pretty overcosted and doesnt fit most warcry champs at all.

no idea why acolyte and amps cost went up, how could the devs possibly have thought these abilities needed a cost increase? smh.

also not having at least 3 upgrade options per line is awful, like really really bad.

watever they are trying to do with the curse, ethereal, and ghost abilities is failing hard. wtf are they trying to do to the curse ability and why is it so bad?!?

ghost/ethereal being extremely weak to magical and nearly invulnerable to everything else is really bad.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016