multiple accounts = bad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AmmonReros, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

Alt accounts were tolerated since the beggining of the game. I think it should remain this way, since they offer a lot of practical advantages that aren't against the game's interests (spectating, evaluating the strenght of different bg's, ...)
    Of course there is a difference between that and openly promoting them (like a guy did in the other thread that triggered the answer from Senshu).

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Not really, if it becomes easier to get gold, then the person will have more of an incentive to farm campaigns lol.

3. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

Those who can pay they are going to pay. Because grind in this game is loldicurous. 2 week of 8hours farm for box(no one will grind this much if he can pay). But those who can't pay they are farm. And this f2p users is extra online. And this game rly need more people online. And you can check other games. Often games with f2play model bring more money.

4. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Hmm... until I read this thread making an alternate account never occurred to me.

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

An active community attracts more players. A community that is complaining that they can't get everything for free just frustrates everyone and drives them away. It doesn't matter how manyh free to play players we have if they're all in single player campaigns farming gold. That doesn't attract anyone. People playing multiplayer games that are friendly to their opponents is what keeps new players that try out the game coming back.

6. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- You should think about how long it takes to grind a pack... thinking it should be faster then 2 weeks to grind a box is just rotten and spoiled. I don't know another game that even lets you get a box with free currency that doesn't take as long.

7. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

And still farmable for an unreasonable amount of gold for time committed.

The ideal model would be one that allowed someone to earn X gold per month without requiring constant grinding.

If the most efficient way to make money is to farm 24 hours a day on a single account then gold gain needs to be balanced on the assumption that people are farming 24 hours a day, or that they might be doing so.
    This completely screws any casual audience and anyone who plays the game for fun.

To solve this, helping casual and fun players earn more comparative gold, they need to add bonuses for playing casually. These would be the daily campaigns and the first win bonus. Sounds good.

Except now the people who made these bonuses necessary (the ones grinding out gold 24 hours a day) think "ohhh, a gold boost on a per account basis. Better make 20 accounts and farm that too!".

And then these bonuses need to also be balanced around the idea that they are being farmed. This is where multiple accounts hurt the most. If you can farm a daily bonus, that bonus can't be as good as it should be.

8. crisian

crisian Member

24. Public posts debating these rules and/or moderators' enforcement of such, will be removed without comment. We encourage feedback, however, and invite you to use our support system if you have any questions or concerns regarding these policies.

...Why? If this is OUR forum, why can't we discuss it's rules??

9. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

How do newcomer will play ranked? if they dont have anything that can be near to competive. Current gold farm system is broken and its better to delete it at all. So more people join ranked games.And newcomer just drop useless farm.

10. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

MMDOC Online card game with tons online. In this game you can buy 2-3 packs a day and + 1-2 box a week. Tons of Achivements than give extra reward. Every day automated tourney with even more reward. Here is spend more than 300$ while game was under soe and i have nothing. In MMDOC i dont spend anything and im in top tier.

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

They don't need to play ranked. Ranked isn't the only way to play multiplayer. There is also the training grounds, which is unfortunately empty except for people trying to get their daily gold bonus, or the unranked games in the battlegrounds. Both still give you gold. I plan to play more fun decks in the unranked than I have been, which will give new players someone friendly to talk to while learning. I don't build decks to win games, I build decks around themes that I think would be fun to try.

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

MMDOC sounds like it will get crushed under the weight of free to play players. Ultimately free to play players use resources that cost a company money, and contribute nothing other than their presence in the community. Depending on how they act in the community, that can be harmful too.

13. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

Game is preety fine. High online brings more people. More people more cash.

14. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- We value your various contributions to the online gaming community. 0$

15. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

the f2p'ers online don't do the game much good if all they do is farm solo stuff. Need to get them into pvp for it to be a benefit. So the f2p rewards need to be larger for pvp than for pve. The gold accrual rate for this game essentially makes it not f2p compared to other games out there. Pox needs to compete for the f2p'ers and it doesn't seem to be trying very hard to do that. If they think all they have to do is put in a token f2p system to draw people in, they are mistaken. NUX is still very poor in this game (again, compared to what else is out there).

16. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

I tell 2 weeks ago after nerf gold accural rate, pvp reward must be higher than players will play more pvp. Increase pvp reward and delete pve.

17. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Thanks for naming 3 good reasons for the rule to be enforced.

18. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

easiest way to enforce the no alt rule is to make all runes account bound. trading is not something this game needs to survive. A properly priced crafting and reward system would achieve the same thing.

19. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

As someone that plays more PvE than PvP, often due to the attitudes I've encountered by other players, I would still support this suggestion. I wouldn't tie it to ranked games specifically, but PvP in general. Training Grounds and Battlegrounds both could earn gold while single player gold could be reduced/eliminated if PvP gold was increased to be about the same rate as PvE gold is now.

If this was done, I would recommend working on some sort of activity tracker to make sure players aren't setting up a game against their own alt, or a friend that has agreed to AFK with them to farm gold.

20. crisian

crisian Member

No