multiple accounts = bad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AmmonReros, Apr 11, 2014.

1. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

Is this only for the forums or for the whole game? Because I am pretty certain that almost every player has at least 1 alternate account. I even sometimes read about people who have 10+ (which also explaisn why they got so many renovators).
    Question is if you guys will track "us" and take actions against it. Including banning the additional accounts and ultimately removing the extra gained renovators.

2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

The whole game.

Historically, it has been specifically towards players abusing the system (i.e. farming rank using multiple accounts).

I imagine at the moment, the policy would be if players are caught abusing the rank system for example, they can have their accounts banned. Overall, however, as with any account details, such actions and communications about such action should remain between the player and Desert Owl Games.

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I'm pretty sure that the only banning the Greens have done lately is for scamming/selling runes.

4. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I would love for peoples alt to be perma banned. There is no legitimate reason for having more than one account.

Thbigchief and Prami like this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Alts are eveerywhere

6. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

there are some corner cases. Rune pools for example.

7. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

multiple accounts = a lot of renovators, isnt it h0spy ?

8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

yup, rune pools are probably healthy for the game/playerbase overall. so even if actions are taken against other alts I hope there will be the sense to not take down the pools.

9. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Tbh, it's soo 2005 to have antimultiacc rules, **** in forums and lawyers for drafts.

10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

So how many accounts do you have exactly? :D

11. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Except that they have to balance gold gain as if everyone has 5 accounts and plays 24 hours a day.

I think it's too bad that it's too late to make the game cost £30 on steam with a linked account and start with the core runes.

£30 per account, one per steam account, easy way to allow a large selection of early runes (by actually purchasing the game)

But yeah, that ship sailed a long time ago :(

Also, I will bet that anyone who plays pox would find £30($50) a bargain for all the core runes while any new player would find it extortionate :p

Trying to find a working model for a game that lets you (against the rules, but hard to enforce) make multiple accounts and sells the same content for both money and in-game currency must be a literal nightmare.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  12. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I don´t, never have and never will.

13. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

Farm daily, farm campaign, observe matches while afk in campaign.

14. Fikule

You're explaining every reason they should be banned and are unhealthy for the game.

I am disturbingly unsurprised that some people don't even see this as a problem...

I bet you complain that gold rates are too low too.

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

He said legitimate reason. That is a way to farm more gold while still doing other activities in the game.

16. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

Observing other people matches is unhealthy for game?
    And how newcomer who don't want donate tons of money play this game if he play with 1acc? 2week of non stop grind for 1box?

17. Fikule

No. But feeling that you have to sit afk in a campaign is unhealthy for the game.

That you CAN sit afk in a campaign is unhealthy for the game.

Do you know why you have to sit afk in a campaign to earn enough money for a box in a month?

Because gold gain has to be balanced around the unfortunate truth that people have multiple accounts and farm them. You have to farm gold on multiple accounts... because you farm gold on multiple accounts. congrats.

18. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Never ever. Alts are yet another protective layer for many in an already anonymous no accountability landscape. I don't have any time or respect for it. I can't find any situation where someone uses a fake identity in games or any other situation for anything other then nefarious purposes.

p.s. Rune pools are made more convenient with the use of an alt, but it is not necessary.

19. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

Because more you afk more gold you get , people is using multi accounts. If reward become more for faster completed campaign than player just drop alts because its not efficient to use them.

20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

So the newcomer should get to abuse the gold system so they don't have to pay any money? I guess Gedden, Senshu, Pox Zuo, and Cortices don't deserve to earn money to feed their families? For the game to survive, people need to spend enough money to pay the salaries of the employees. If they aren't all working from home, then the game needs to bring in enough money to fund office space, utilities, etc. The gold system exists to supplement paying paying players, and allow those that are willing to spend a lot of time grinding gold. Personally, I would like to see the AI's turns be down to 1:45, and the player's turn down to 2:30 or something in single player. The turns need to be long enough for new players to figure out the game, but short enough that you can't just go afk while you do something else, just so you can "earn" more gold.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    allyorbase likes this.