Just a few fundamental problems of IS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alakhami, Feb 11, 2016.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Stone clan sucks, it now gives warding which prevents IS buff spells and their strongest spell righteous deflection from being cast.

also tough 2 and 3 are overcosted by alot.

bleed is also overcosted, not sure why your complaining about rock defiance because generally speaking grintmaw suck.

the chief abilities are theme enablers that allow full barbarian to be competitive, otherwise thered be no reason to run them over a mixed meta. several themes have similar abilities even tho must of them suck atm.

nexus aura is fine... barbarian guardian isnt even close to broken even tho swap and shroud are strong abilities. I dont even use him when i play barbs since the bastion nerf, savage shieldman is better.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  2. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

The fact that you consider righteous deflection to be is best spell is disturbing

IMAGIRL likes this.
  3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

ranged units are the best units in the game, rd prevents them from doing damage, maybe you just dont understand how IS is played at a high level, it may not be the best spell but its one of the best in the faction.

4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

healing breath and cleansing aura are currently way overcosted.

5. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

This is what I think so far.

Warchief: Stone Clan - This unit hampion has Warding. This unit has Tough 1. When this unit is destroyed, and there is no other champion with this abillity, the closest friendly barbarian gains a rank of Tough And Warchief: Stone Clan. (8 nora)

This makes it more beneficial with death, so the death transferring mechanic is of higher nora value compared to the abillities of the champion with warchief.

Warchief: Blood Clan - This unit is Fearless. This unit has Rend 1. When this unit is destroyed, the closest friendly Barbarian gains Rend 1 Warchief: Blood Clan.(5 nora)

Warchief: Storm Clan. To be honest, I don't think this one is even that good, we could it change so it works according to the new mechanic, or we could leave it like this and just make it cost 5 nora. (only Iron Will is 4 nora) Or maybe replace skylancer with jolt?

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

you dont play barbs, you should not be making changes to the theme.... this is ridiculous. try winning with barbs first if u want to get them nerfed, smh.

7. Alakhami

I'm not making changes. I'm suggesting what I think is best.
    Or do you want stone clan abillity to cost at least 15 nora, like it should?

8. Alakhami

Healing breath - maybe. Cleansing Aura - hell no.

9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

it shouldnt cost 15 nora because #1 tough rank 2 and 3 are overcosted(rank 1 overcosted by like 1-2 nora) and more importantly because #2 it is a racial ability/theme enabler. Without these type of racials boosting themes there would be no reason to play them over a mixed meta, even with them mixed metas generally speaking are still much stronger.

play barbarians, they are fine. they are actually in a very good balance state,(unlike most other themes in the game) the only real issue is that stone clan gives warding which prevents units from getting righteous deflection.

also shroud and defender on 1 champ may or may not be too strong, not sure.(shroud should probably only give evasive 1, same with ghern generals flag bearer)

storm clan probably needs to be reworked or buffed as well, it is pretty weak as is.

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

healing breath is definitely overcosted now, id need to check the cost of cleansing aura but i think it is as well.(valdac was perfectly costed at 87-89 nora now he's 94+ and sucks again)

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Its dirt cheap though. Skylancer can surprise people at times too.

12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

yeah but 50%+ dmg hunter type abilities are pretty lame and its useless against non flying units.

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Thats true but its only 2 nora. I would be willing to pay 2 nora for Iron Will and potential damage boosts on a lot of champs.

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

northern cross priestess needs to gain a cd on celestial spear instead of it disappearing. 4-5 turns max.

15. ButterFaceGirl

ButterFaceGirl Active Member

Really?

I thought the diviner + bastion giving all your team 10def was the reason.

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

NCP used to have Summon Spear but it was range 1, which was pretty shitty on a range unit.

17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

its fine as it is, it just needs a cd instead of disappearing.

18. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

So you guys are comfortable with NCP going up by 7 nora?

19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

No that's why I never suggested it. MW wants it so it isn't a one time use, keeps the range, and stays the same price.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  20. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

What astonishes me is the fact that MW plays so well but manages to be clueless about balance at the same time.

NCP must never be better than she is right now; she is insanely efficient with her low base stats, super efficient range, super useful upgrades and being able to drop a relic and reclaim it, allowing her to boost herself with greater ease than most other champions with Reclaim.

Also @doubtofbuddha , she wouldn't be just +7 nora, because 15 nora would be the cost to summon a relic adjacent to the champion, so in her case it would have to cost even more for the 3 range. Anyway, I don't even like considering such idea, because it would make NCP's Call+ Reclaim combo even more powerful( considering she survives long enough) as you'd be able to repeat it, so there's a chance she still would be very much runnable even with a "proper" cost on her abilities.

Alakhami likes this.