Just a few fundamental problems of IS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alakhami, Feb 11, 2016.

1. ButterFaceGirl

ButterFaceGirl Active Member

The problem with NCP is without reclaim she's a puny 8 dmg 70 nora champ.

2. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

increase damage by 1 and remove reclaim? IS has plenty enough of ways to increase their damage output.

3. ButterFaceGirl

ButterFaceGirl Active Member

then she's a puny 9 dmg champ.

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Theoretically speaking, I think she could stand to lose Reclaim, make the ability cost properly costed and/or Cd 5 instead of 4.

But yeah NCP doesn't need to be changed at all. Prior to the last change she was unplayable because of her spammable relic making her poop.

5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

pls stop talking about IS...

6. Alakhami

I don't see how that's bad. She's a support champ with cleanse+dispel, an AoE 3 damaging relic and heal 3/grant aura. Like, that kit alone is pretty amazing, let alone her being a -5 ranged unit running around dealing like 15 damage minimum with 8 speed?
    How mad are you to not realize that that thing is broken as firk?

7. Alakhami

Pilfer is 10 nora. I think if Reclaim remains the same, it shouldn't be any lower. And isn't it already CD 5? What do you think of changing it for +1 speed 3DMG?

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Pilfer you're stealing the equip. That's more along the lines of whatever Croma Extinguisher does.

I wasn't talking about Reclaim in that sentence.

Reclaim going down to 1 speed/3 damage seems reasonable.

9. Alakhami

Summon Hive - 20 nora. Celestial Spear 1-3 Range - 8 nora, 1 AP less.

10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

That's because you can summon multiple hives. Should be ap 3 thought considering almost every other relic deployment is.

11. Alakhami

How often do you think Hive gets summoned more than once?

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

At least twice.

When I used Fabricator I managed to get 2-3 Gatlins down. With Arrowsinger I almost always get 2 Archey Bales down.

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Reclaim could get either nerfed (It is pretty strong) or NCP could lose Reclaim and get +2 damage and +1 defense.

Lushiris likes this.
  14. Alakhami

What do you think on making Celesial Spear work in similar way to have and so NCP pays 20 nora for it and can use it multiple times, but it, loses Cleansing Flame and Reclaim and gets Equalize base?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I think that's a waste of time and doesn't need to be changed that much.

16. Alakhami

I feel she needs to lose cleansing flame from U1. Other upgrades are cheaper and still playable anyway imo.

17. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I don't know how this would apply to barbs but this is a neat mechanic.

18. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Historically, the Barbarian racial has always had some kind of death benefit, and it still does. Gutsa's Suggestion basically reduces the power of the buff itself, but makes it potentially stronger as champions with it die. Of course that's a pretty decent nerf, but interesting regardless.

19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I am pretty sure every IS player would hate a "death benefit" racial as they constantly feel that it's not really in IS' favor to want their champs to die. The current Barb racial isn't a death benefit so much as "doesn't care about death."

20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Warchief: Stone Clan - This unit hampion has Warding. This unit has Tough 1. When this unit is destroyed, and there is no other champion with this abillity, the closest friendly barbarian gains a rank of Tough And Warchief: Stone Clan. (8 nora)
    So I THINK the intent here is that the it is Tough 1 on the first Warchief... Tough 2 when it bounces, and then Tough 2 thereafter? Since the second unit onwards would gain Tough 1 AND this ability, which would be Tough 1 + Tough 1. But it also wouldn't scale beyond that so it's just kind of awkward.

~

It could just be Tough 1 and then the next barb gets the same ability...

But I'd want it to have more punch properly, as I don't really like the idea of it being so inconsequential (it seems a lot of suggestions are to water down abilities til they barely do anything), so I'd probably at least keep it at Tough 2.

Anyway, not planning on a change at this moment, but good discussions and maybe there I'll end up using something out of here. I do think the ability could be simplified a bit, maybe something more like:

Warchief: Stone Clan - This unit has Tough 2. When this unit is destroyed, the closest friendly barbarian gains this ability.