Abillity Costings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alakhami, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

I thought instead of focusing on specific factions, we could post here all abillities that feel inadequately costed.

Counter Attack: Melee and Counter Attack: Ranged are both 7 nora. Melee could get a reduction to 5?

Charm 3 is 6 nora, Abash is 6. I never really liked Charm. Abash could probably go up to 8 nora, Charm could be changed to scale 1/3/5?

Ethereal 0 nora? I think it should be at least 2.

Rain of Arrows 1/2/3 - 6/8/10 nora. Should it really be of the same nora as Acid Bomb, even though it's physical dmg?

Fairy Dust - 12 nora. Maybe it could get a reduction to 8-10?

Fascinate - 3 nora. WTF???

Aid Defense - 7 nora. Perhaps reduce the duration to 2 turns only so it doesn't stack up crazy?

Reckless Teleport. I'd just like to see this abillity removed from the game.

Ambush - 10 nora. Seems a bit overcosted for a mechanic that essentially requires stealth to proc?

Fire Feed - 7 nora. Reduce it to 4? Compare it to Fire Aura 3 that costs 6 nora and see the difference.

Reduce Magic. Only champion that has this abillity is Mauler. Maybe it's a good idea to introduce it on more champions?

Fire/Psychic/other Jabs. 4 nora. Seems like they're undercosted by 2.

Arctic Flight. Arctic is 2 nora, Flight is 6. Needs to go up by 2 nora.

Resilient -4 nora. Increase it at least to 6?

Frightful Aura. It's basically a cheap version of Dread + Defender. Could go up in nora by 2 and removed of ranks so it's just the rank 3 version(the lower ranks aren't played by anyone anyway)

Rock Slide - 8 nora. Lava Storm - 14? Grounding champions isn't that bad, even though it's psyhical damage.

This is what I got so far.

Xirone likes this.
  2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

righteous deflection needs to only work on basic attacks and go back to 35 nora(same with split personality, split should prolly last 4 turns as well)
    abashed is fine, fear and charm need some work. possibly reworks or cost reductions
    rain of arrows needs a cost reduction
    idk about fairy dust but 12 nora seems overcosted
    fascinate is fine, its pretty weak unless the champ has deafening aura which is already very expensive
    aid defense is fine
    reckless teleport is stupid and should probably be removed
    ambush is overcosted imo
    i agree, fire feed should be 4-5 nora
    there should probably be more reduce abilities for different elemental damage types
    jabs are fine as they are imo
    not sure about arctic flight but i dont see any arctic flight champions that are currently undercosted so its probably fine as is
    resilient is fine as it is, it was recently reduced because it was previously overcosted
    idk about frightful aura, all the champs with it suck and ive hardly seen them played outside of undead yeti
    not sure about rockslide and lavastorm.

3. Alakhami

Split personality already works only on basic attacks.

I disagree. Fascinate on it's own can force you to leave a font to your opponent.

I personally play them on a lot of champs and I think it's more efficient on aura(usually there's an option between jab and aura)

The point isn't to cost abillities depending on how good certain champs are that have it. The point is to cost the abillity correctly, with no discounts for no reason.

Void shield is 8 nora. Resilient is 4. If given the option, what would you run on a tank?

4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

split personality should go back to 35 nora is what i meant.
    fascinate usually isnt very strong, in some situations it can be but its not as strong as your making it out to be.
    i dont see the issue with jab, especially because of how much healing is in this game.
    if you increased the cost of arctic flight youd have to decrease the cost of several champs that have this ability that would become overcosted as a result.
    void shield's cost was recently increased and the ability nerfed, i didnt agree with the changes to the ability other than increasing it a couple nora. i think resilient is fine as it is, especially because of how powerful and prevalent dots are in this game.

5. Alakhami

That's exactly why I think it's so good and therefore, should be atleast upped to 6 nora. I'd like to see void shield reverted to it's original form, or with a minimum of 3DMG.

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the only thing resilient really does is counter dot(rarely deafening aura or something similar), it literally doesnt do anything else, i dont think it should increase in cost and i think dot needs more counters or nerfs.

Sealer0 likes this.
  7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Would you say Rock Slide and Tidal Wave should both go to 12 like Avalanche?

8. Alakhami

That's a tricky one. I'd say Rock slide should go up by 2 and so should Tidal Wave. The terrain generated from Rock Slide doesn't do as much as from the other two.

Cydna likes this.
  9. ButterFaceGirl

ButterFaceGirl Active Member

Whatever you do plz stop nerfing barbs.

10. Alakhami

You mean correctly costing abillities?

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

they completely ruined bastion the avenger, they removed his devastate and kept him the same cost... its amazing how bad they manage to mess up some things.

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

He stayed the same cost because he gained Subsume, Escalating Rage and gained better stats.

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

escalating rage and subsume both suck, whoever changed him had no idea wtf they were doing, hes awful.

14. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

IMAGIRL, Goyo and Ballballer like this.
  15. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

I agree with most you suggestions, but here are a few thoughts:

Charm should not be changed - it is actually pretty strong, especially the higher ranks.
    Fascinate - yes. It is underpriced but not by "WTF????" much. It becomes exponentially more powerful when it is combined with deafening aura or stealth (dark seductress), but thats more an issue of champion design than the abillity itself. It could however do with +1 or +2 nora.
    Reckless teleport is underpriced. I´ve run it alot on croma visionary and once you figure out how to use it there is really not that much of a drawback to the abillity. E.g. I would always choose reckless teleport over Teleport 1.
    Jabs could really do with +2 nora.
    Agree with artic flight - To the poster who requested an example of a underpriced champ with artic flight - skeleteal lerper.

Other abillties that I would like on the list:
    Seism
    Stone barrage

16. ButterFaceGirl

Also buff Yetis
    oh yeah subsume the ability that doesn't actually do anything at all against anybody who's not a noob

Ssharsted likes this.
  17. ButterFaceGirl

Or grim well

18. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

Yes Grim well is way too effective if your opponent can't counter it. I suggest +5 Nora or -5 Nora along with a range decrease to 2 instead of 3.

19. Alakhami

Stone Barrage is not overpriced. It's the fact that the damage has no cap on 1 unit. Other than that, I think it's fine, considering Annihilate for example is 10 nora too.

Firk Seism.

20. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

Yeah capping the damage would also fix this ability. Maybe make it drop by 3 instead 2 per repeated hit.