Abillity Costings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alakhami, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Just because you Lava Storm, then move your bastion in,and then hit him with Rock Slide(cause you don't want lava to damage your opponent, you're going easy on dumpraiser, he's bad, right?) in an attempt to shrine kill, doesn't mean that he's bad.

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Bastion is better than ever. He traded gimmicky power spikes for steady strength. Once you get used to the full AP every 4 rounds you can use it to surprise take fonts and kill stuff.

3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

combo devastate instantly killed anything with a swap or pummel(and costed like 25 nora), he isnt nearly as strong as before but still the same cost. As he is, he should be in the mid 80s max, something is costed wrong.

4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

actually i lost that game due to pride of sargnhaver glitching and the assault disappearing after 1 turn. Also barbs dont seem to be all that great, my psychic, st mix, kf elf, and fs mix seem to be much stronger.

5. Alakhami

Except he has a weakness for Sheoul Demons:p

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    IMAGIRL and Markoth like this.
  6. Alakhami

you're running the wrong runez, have a look what Markoth plays. Out of all IS players, he's nailed it.

IMAGIRL and Ballballer like this.
  7. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Pretty much agree with all of these. Some other ones....

-Lavawalker is 6 nora. Fire Eater is 8 nora and grants Lavawalker.
    -Retreat 1/2/3 costs 3/6/10. Hit and Run, by comparison costs 8. The higher ranks of Retreat, while useful enough, are pretty expensive compared to other forms of disengaging.
    -Spell Blockade is 50 nora. You literally pay upfront for the spell that will be wasted (which most likely will be around 3o nora).
    -Wolf Pack is 43 nora. Back in the day these guys made a lot of meat. Since their several nerfs, this ability is a bit too pricey for what it does. 35-38 would be about right.
    -Boundless Vitality costs 10 nora (plus the cost of charge generating abilities). In almost every game the ability does nothing. The problem is that if it ever triggers, it is amazing. 95% of the time, it is a waste of around 16 nora.

Alakhami likes this.
  8. Alakhami

Maybe it doesn't need a cost reduction but needs a rework so it's actually useful? Because otherwise, it's a sandbag, just a bit cheaper.

IMAGIRL and Xirone like this.
  9. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Also, there was a time when Biogenesis was probably better than Geogenesis. Now, they are about the same. I don't know what the right cost is but I'd imagine both abilities should be in the low 20s.

10. Alakhami

I don't understand that either. Maybe the logic behind that is cause K'thun has Gift of Ironwood, but he's already paying a seperate amount of nora for that. Imo they should be evened out.

11. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Please make marauder cheaper on ash the bandit prince or change the ability. Ash has wanted to be played in archer bgs for so long but is just so damn expensive that he's not even worth running. Yeah he has 2 summons but they are both pretty, either rework ability or a cost reduction or remove marauder entirely and rework ash.

12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

except that pretty much is a psuedo shielded/impenetrable cause anybody who isnt a noob won't target him with abilities or spells. so no subsume isnt bad

13. ButterFaceGirl

ButterFaceGirl Active Member

Except it isn't because shield would protect you from stuff like essence drain.

14. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

which no one smart would use on a unit with subsume anyway since it'll just heal back 10 hp of the probably not much more than 20 hp lost

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

lmfao, they put subsume(an already crap tier ability) on a unit with warding. the devs are amazing, LOL.

i swear the devs are trolling.

16. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Boundless Vitality probably just needs to be changed/recosted.

friendly champions that heal gain +2 healing from all sources. A champion can gain this healing only once per turn. This ability does not stack. 5 maybe 6 nora.

-passive ability similar in nature to command:heal...but better.

-synergizes with multiple strategies.

-not abuseable like acolyte abilities.

17. ButterFaceGirl

ButterFaceGirl Active Member

except you heal before you get drained

18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

If you are taking Stone Clan on Bastion you are using him wrong. As for subsume its a very underrated ability, especially on Bastion. Once Aid Defense gets rolling and he has 7-8 defense there is really no way to harm him without abilities or spells.

That said I am always nervous to use him against FW because he can be decayed and then abilities all do 10 extra damage, though no one has ever done it to me.

19. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

I thought decay was only 50% damage.

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Decay is indeed a paltry 50% damage. Nobody runs that freakin spell anyway, except maybe one or two people; Martyr and maybe Defiler Knight are the only places you will encounter Rotting Blows.