Cactuar Crate - Visions of Amareth Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yes, and the way to do that is not making everything play the same way, as you continually suggest.

Qucas and themacca like this.
  2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

balancing stats and abilities and eliminating major outliers that negatively impact game balance isnt making everything the same.

3. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

I myself am an advocate for chaos. Let the madness of goblins run free. It doesn't matter if it doesn't ever be competitive. It's fun as hell!

Qucas and fattyy2k like this.
  4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Since liches are semi being focused on reanimation nowadays. can one of them get death harvest. Thinking Toll taker could get it on U1 since it's flavorful and it is also missing an option on that line.

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I doubt Toll-Taker would see play at 93 nora.

6. themacca

True. Would probs need to get a Negative or something. which would be fair caause he seems brittle.

7. themacca

Next best option i could see is swapping Fear onto base moving Tariff onto U1 and give him the tariff/death harvest choice. though again he'd probs not see play at 83 either

8. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Good enough for any other faction, but in FW he needs to cost less than 75 nora, with the exact same package to be "runnable".

Sealer0 likes this.
  9. themacca

Yeah only way that would happen would be to give him a major negative. but then he'd be 67 with tariff whichwould be brokes

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

they can allow that playstyle through upgrades as well as more balanced/competitive upgrade paths.

11. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Liches are getting spellsurge anyway so i think that should be the focus.

12. themacca

Can Soulreave be changed to add attack: loss of life. instead of replacing your base attack with it?

Pattn199 likes this.
  13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I think the point of the spell is that it counters stuff, but then you can't hurt relicsl/shrines.

Netherzen likes this.
  14. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

Soulreave is already super powerfull. Changing it to add attack instead of replacing it would make it op.
    Also I like the small drawback - gives a more interesting game.

15. themacca

SHhhh im trying to use fundamentals to create a hidden OP

Ssharsted likes this.
  16. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Wait...so Pedegiera says the balance now is a joke?

He didnt support the idea of the councils but was ON the council for 3 years. Isn't that like saying you don't believe in vaccinations, but spending your time volunteering at a vaccination research lab?

He boasts about how he didn't boast about how much influence he had over the design process...does that mean he thinks the game was balanced 3 years ago?

17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

it actually sucks but ok... this is why people shouldn't talk about the balance state of factions they aren't proficient with, lol...

18. themacca

Instead of condescension.
    Explain why it sucks?

19. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

40 nora for nothing but a different attack type and it prevents you from attacking relics and shrines. It's purely a counter spell that is worthless most games.

It serves almost no purpose because there are better alternatives if you need to bypass something with loss of life.(which is rarely the case, especially against the current top decks) You can just run soulstrike or xulos dark favor, I dont ever use soulreave in my fw decks.

It's pretty sad that his post got so many upvotes, shows how little most in gd know about this games pvp balance.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  20. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

You generally don't play it when you intend to attack relics and shrines.