Could we make seism take more skill?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by free20play, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Since Seism would lose the ability to destroy front line relics, I think it could go back to 8.

Also I think +5 would be too much.
    Boulder Monk at 79 would still be a really good deploy.

2. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

What cost change would you then suggest?
    Agree

3. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

He lost that refund ability a while ago. Now he's just a bomber like most other moga that has seisim. If seisim were to get dropped off him, like I said, other Moga would have to take his place because Inferno would become utter garbage. Seisim itself needs to change whilst maintaining its function, a counter to relics.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The refund ability is just on the same line as Seism right now, that's all.

5. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

I think everybody thinks he lost the ability because no-one chooses raider over seism.... I wonder if that's because raider is too weak or seism too strong?

Do you have a statistic on how many chose seism as compared to raider?

6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Why is it that this can ONLY mean one is too weak or one is too strong. why the hell can't it just mean that seism is a better ability.

Note that on deploy effects on cheap units are extremely good so no duh it gets chosen on inferno.

7. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

Ok I should have phrased my question " I wonder if this COULD have anything to do with..."

Nevertheless I think my point still stands.

In the ideal world any ability being better than others(when cost of the abilities have been accounted for)should lead to a cost change of the ability. This is of course impossible to implement everywhere in pox.

Booster and refund effects are also very good on cheep units. So I don't think it's a given that a on-deploy effect will be chosen over a refund just because the unit is cheap... Unless one of the effects in question is wrongly priced.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  8. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

What if seism work on all relics in play but give a damage mod of 10 damage?

9. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

2x seism kill all relicz? nty

10. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

It would balance the ability, because it would also hit friendly relics. Right now Seism pretty much locks down your opponent from playing relics, while still allowing you to play relics as you like.
    Nevertheless I think that change would make it too similar to UPS, so I would prefer something else.