multiple accounts = bad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AmmonReros, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

You think its acceptable to have to grind a game for a whole month before you buy anything from the store? See, this is why trading has to go.

2. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

No new player will stick farming one month of boring campaigns. Just saying. If pox
    REALLY wants new players boxes should be made more easily accessable and TG/Ranked play should reward more gold than starting a boring game against bots for yhe 500th time.

3. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

No I don't but both a TCG and CCG model can allow for this, the barrier to entry you're referring to is implicit in the gold accrual rate relative to the pack/box cost. Fixing this problem isn't a function of TCG vs CCG but rather a function of gold accrual.

4. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I would really like to see people keep all their alts, but have their main banned. Not really, because of the waves that would make, but it would be pretty funny.

Dagda likes this.
  5. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Its my guess that the reason the gold accrual rate in Pox is so poor is because of sensitivity to the needs of the trading community. This is why those people need to be chased away with a stick.

6. Authyrtyr

I would agree with that. However, IMO the solution isn't removing the trading system but shifting priorities towards NUX away from pleasing all the old players.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I do think it is okay. I think if you want to have all the runes you should be spending money. The gold system should be enough for you to have a couple competitive decks, not a complete set.

8. Authyrtyr

No one's saying you spend a month and you have the complete set of anything.

9. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

A problem when trading is allowed is that you reduce incentive to collect a complete set. Once you have enough value so in theory you can trade for anything you need, incentive to buy more packs is much lower than in a system which doesn't allow trading. Which means that prices to acquire that significant amount of value need to be rather high.

Without trading, it wouldn't be unrealistic to sell a box for $2 or less, not to mention a ton of free rewards. That's how much of a difference it makes. I love the fact that Pox allows free trading, but we need to be conscious of how huge that really is.

10. ARlSTOTLE

ARlSTOTLE The King of Potatoes

Simply give guilds a number of "guild accounts" Enter rune pools. If each guild had the ability to have up to say, 5 "guild" accounts, it solves all problems, and they can then ban/go after alts. The guild accounts would not receive items such as renovators. They could also use this to give guilds occasional free runes (based on how active they are), which the guilds could use to hold tournaments and offer the free runes as prizes.

I could see this developing into a significant asset to the game.

11. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I really don't understand your idea ARISTOTLE

12. Authyrtyr

I believe that Aristotle is suggesting that each guild have a special account designated to it (or that it could create at its discretion) which DoG could filter prizes through towards guild members (via some guild rewards system). Not sure how that makes it any easier to crack down on normal alts...

13. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

to be in 2 different guilds...

14. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

there is no way to be in draft queve and observe games other than having an alt

15. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

i think you should be allowed to have alts to play to test some bg's and stuff.

16. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Yes... I too think artificially increasing my rating over people who don't have two accounts is a good thing.

><

17. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

So basically this whole thread is about people in limited league? The majority of them farm the new player's which makes them want to quit and they ruin trader prices. For those of you who think alt's are okay think about never playing the game before just getting into it and getting steam-rolled by one of are better players desn't exactly lead to a fun time.

18. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

Do you have any evidence to prove your claim, or are you here to insult players for no reason?

19. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

you need to state that youre using heavy sarcasm. Else it wont be understood as sarcasm doesnt work in text.

@own topic:
    Alltogether I dont think that alts should be allowed either. Of course I am hippocrite right now because I too do have 1 for the sole purpose of not wanting to be cut off completely if something bad happens to this account (though I would because I dont really have anything on my alt except for the locked starter BG). But this security measurement that I took could be achieved otherwise as well.
    But overall arguments I have seen in this thread, along with what I thought about before, why people should not have alts heavily overweigh the pro arguments.
    To watch other games while youre doing whatever else should work with platforms such as twitch. Of course this option is limited by actual streamers yet it remains an option. I use it.
    Acquiring extra riches shouldnt go via extra abuse but through extra investment. Be it time, on your 1 legitimate account, or with money. Or with gifts or "smart" trading ... Know that I do not mean sharking and ripping people off but supporting others. For this of course trading would definetly have to stay. And as a free to play player I kind of need trading to stay too. Collecting all the runes I need by myself without trading would just up the time I'd have to spend grinding gold into years. And I already took like 2 years to get my FS collection to where it is now - with trading.
    Big question why one "needs" an alt remains. I see it as comfort. But not as comforting for the game.
    And the solution to this need would be coming up with workarounds such as the twitch option to observe.

What I would propose is that each player was indeed allowed a maximum of 1 alt. But that only as a backup. A dormant account that has to be registered and that the devs are aware of. This account should not be able to play to prevent abuse yet to allow viewing stuff. Everything over that should lead to punishment of the player.

Hope you can follow me with this and also hope that some things are being done about the current situation. Not necessarily today but some day. If you have ideas how to tackle it. Please do go ahead and post your thoughts.

20. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

This game is also web-based, correct? (never used it as such though)

Can't they just allow spectating without an account through the browser if that's what people want a second account for?

Alternatively there's also making campaigns engaging enough so you aren't afk while playing them (seriously.. that this is being used as an excuse..).

They could also allow spectating while queuing for drafts I imagine. Little dialog in game, etc.