Why splits are cancer to the game.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Axeraiser, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

ItsQtothet just managed to 1 round my shrine from the entire way across the map on IS mountains. I deployed while he did nothing except use Clairvoyance and spam Marsh Songs, I had no idea what to expect. I grabbed all the fonts and deployed towards his shrine. When all of a sudden, after maybe 10 turns , he dropped a Salaman Daredevil, somehow gave it tempo/ some ability to gain damage through the casting of spells i dont even know what he did the spells came that fast, but basically he was able to chain spells with Recall to proceed the entire way across the map to my shrine, by which point it had over 65 damage and double tap my shrine for the win.

Yeah fair play to him its a 'creative deck' but thats the problem with splits they aim to break the game, its all about coming up with the most OP wincon and abusing it. Maybe its just me but this Bane Shift seriously turns me off even trying to play the game. Please bring back the match filter where by you can chose to only play against FF players if you are using FF and vice versa with splits, thanks. I dont care that the playerbase is small it will be even smaller when split abuse drives people away from the game altogether.

I dropped 50 $ for a megabox and boy do I regret pumping money into this game right now.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  2. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

this is an old ipox bg.

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Nerf it to the ground.

Inb4 Kalasle comes here saying it's okay cause it can be countered.

Ballballer, super71, Morfeas and 2 others like this.
  4. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

run darkness

BurnPyro likes this.
  5. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I'm actually interested xD Meh, it's a bug... Not interested anymore.

I dislike splits other than combo decks...

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  6. Lupefi2

Lupefi2 Devotee of the Blood Owl

He's been doing this for weeks

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Whether or not something can be countered has no bearing, in my opinion, on whether or not something should be changed. But, considering that is often an important component of others' views, I think it's valuable to bring it up as a design point. Also that kind of analysis is just a good thing to do to be a better competitive player.

Speaking of analysis...

http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php...r-nora-link-shouldnt-exist.22273/#post-302380

Some reformulation for Marsh Song might be a good idea, but I think the essential math holds. At most, it would likely increase the turn count by 1, if the player gets both Marsh Songs in t1 -- perhaps 2. Again, something I need to factor back into that math.

Next time you see it, deploy cost:damage efficient champs and walk at his shrine. See if you win. Genuinely curious if that theoretical solution is also a practical one.

8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Refute and pray.

9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

splits arent cancer, the problem is when certain rune interactions arent accounted for.
    cheese/trick decks are cancer in ranked, not splits themselves.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Lol splits

This was brought up last week or so, when can we expect a hotfix or patch? Oh wait

No seriously one turn 100-0 bgs are utterly stupid.

11. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Just ban Yi nub...

Morfeas likes this.
  12. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

Said this last time: make it so no rune can be played twice on the same turn.

Morfeas likes this.
  13. prymusedek

prymusedek I need me some PIE!

Lolz won 2 games against him in like 10 sec xd he deployed crystal Lilly ?(dunno what's the name of that champ) and I countered with my risen tortun with fire jab xd

14. Leviathan

Leviathan I need me some PIE!

I agree, splits are bad for the future of poxnora as most of them aim to break the game, it drives people away from queing and playing. Also as you mentioned Axe, it stops people from investing into new boxes. Granted some splits are cool and play towards a theme "Kanen, Tortuns and so on" but most of them aim to break it.

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the 3 strongest decks currently that I know of are all full faction. exploits,trick,cheese decks result from dev error not just from split factions.

16. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

What are the strongest decks atm? I havent played in awhile. Where do you think SP falls?

17. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Last patch? FF KF archer elves, SL/ST Dreadnought super champ, and I guess tiny ran FF FW worms if that counts. FF ST strig swarm deck was also strong

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Keep in mind that tier lists represent a theoretical top level of play where skill is both equal and maximized. Tiny was succeeding with worms almost entirely by playing them any other deck, and then using his strong fundamentals. As a result, I don't think Tiny's use of worms should in anyway factor into assessing the strength or viability of that theme in the abstract.

newsbuff likes this.
  19. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Interesting picks here for sure

20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Moga are/were tier 1, Voil are 1.5 to 1, Slags probably weaker now.

Strongest BGs atm = hard to tell since it's only been a few days. I'm going to assume that Mirefolk, Elves, Barb/Paladins, Minos, and Skywings didn't get nerfed to a lower status.

super71 likes this.