Who do you most look up to in Pox?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ballballer, Mar 24, 2016.

1. defypain

defypain The King of Potatoes

There are a lot of people who inspired me to play, but the first 3 on the top of my head would be Tinydragon, Yshifai, and Caine

Tinydragon - Everyone knows this dude is like the king of pox, he used to beat the dog Bane Shift out of me all the time on my other account, through the years of ass beating I started to learn more and more on the fundamentals of the game.

Yshifai - This dude gets a lot of Bane Shift just for bein a BM (you do look like you're dodging bro lol) but yeah I used to play with him all the time around 2008? I cant remember what year it was, but its been awhile. I remember when he was complete trash but then all of a sudden he comes back from break and sky rockets in the rank ladder, apparently someone taught him how to position and save up ap each turn. he used that same knowledge to teach me a bit, which I was graceful. He also doesnt know who I am, but if he reads this message he might remember. (if you remember me, dont say my name, message me)

Caine - He was honestly the best UD player I can remember, he was always coming up with new tricks and always stayed loyal to UD. He taught me on how to shrine rush when my opponent decides to create a superchamp that I cant defeat. I dont think he ever met face to face with dreadnaught tho lol, that Bane Shift will tear through your champs before you even get to their shrine.

I might come back later to edit this tho, there are definitely other important people im forgetting.

Oh yeah...Ballballer if you're reading this... I just want to let you know im sry for the Bane Shift you about to go through once you come back to pox lol, apparently everyone thinks im you (*cough* Cydna *cough* Lushiris and hella others) and now probably half of pox has you muted.

2. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

@Sepulcher's videos taught me the fun of PVP. I only played Single Player before his videos gave me courage to play against others.

@PurpleTop's SP guide helped me understand theme's more and their strategies.

Tweek516 likes this.
  3. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Its alright haha, I think its kind of funny

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Its okay i worked it out. He's ryvirath.

5. Ballballer

You would know if he was ryv. This dude talks nothing like him

BurnPyro likes this.
  6. ButterFaceGirl

ButterFaceGirl Active Member

I put mirrors on the ceiling so when i look up i only see myself

7. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

I don't necessarily look up to anyone, I was pretty much competitive since I first joined a few months after pox first launched. Never had anyone show me how to play or anything like that. Some people I admired as players though ,

Molecl - The only SL player I could never beat, pretty sure he had like a 95% win rate against me. Best SL player hands down.

Badgerale/xxLordQxx - Both long term fantastic UD players and faction loyalists, had some phenomenal games against LordQ in particular.

Ryvirath - Best Pox player I ever played against hands down.

Greatbeard/Paladin/Asidra/Kraska/Moles1909/Poxnoya/Paladin/Kyzrin , all the original IS community homies, game was incredibly fun when all these dudes were around had some great games and tournaments and wars.

RedDain - No one raged like RedDain

iPox - Most innovative pox player ever.

Plenty of people over the years worthy of a mention also that I just can't remember.

SaintKiwi and PurpleTop like this.
  8. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Miss that guy, he was intelligent as firk!

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

:( This is a pretty general summary of my life. People only learn from me that they don't like something.

/wrist

10. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Naw, qtpi <2

11. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Hey at least you were mentioned.

And as for who I look up to, it comes down to ST players who taught me by doing not so conventional stuff and imprinting their mark, be it by their playstyle, unusual BGs or clever ideas.

I could tell the reason for each one but then this post would be too long.The top ones would be Goldmonkee and Calisk, but not much less important would be G0yo, Heroex, Heajmac, Arbol, Sonmbra. That was taken from my memories of learning something, anything from such individuals, and of course there's an honorable mention to Sokolov, because Bursticade is beautiful nonetheless. Those not in the list didn't teach me anything( regarding ST), unless I actually forgot someone important.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  12. Ballballer

13. Ballballer

I taught you that yetis didnt suck and you were stupid

BurnPyro likes this.
  14. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

All the people I look up to don't play anymore :(

15. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

I look up to myself, and myself only.

16. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Hmm probably kithros for positioning and map movement and critiquing my bgs.

The nidhogg- For teaching me a lot about k'thir when I came back to pox again under a new name.

17. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I taught you that Hyaenid Spearman shouldn't be super efficient and you ignored me, so let's call it even.

18. Ballballer

No words

19. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

I was going to say "I look up to the sky and god" but then I read the title again.
    So who do I look up to in PoxNora?

The devs for their work.
    The artists for their gift that I am very jealous of.
    The guys who made an incredible fortune with 1's and 0's with their shops as I am simply unable to do the same.
    And lastly everyone who plays ranked matches of any kind. As they are those that make the game even more worthwhile.

super71 likes this.