Cactuar Crate - Spirits Beyond

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Mar 30, 2016.

1. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

List of equipment with abilities that no longer exist:

Shroud of almara - First Aid
    Seed of Potential - Font Defender
    Jekai Amulet - Accrue
    Looting bag - Pillage
    Iceguard Visor - Motivate

Thbigchief likes this.
  2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

On Lost City you can put a flying unit in a person's font and permanently cost it if they don't have a flying/ranged unit to attack it.

Lost City, FW no font, Axilium 5 font, and ST Lake are really shitty maps.

There might be others i'm not thinking of rn. I'd rather play on the same 6 balanced maps than have 12 shitty maps and the rotation change.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

You can indeed do this.

4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I don't mind Axilium that much but the others I am not a fan of either.

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

If we don't play on the maps we don't get feedback. Note that Lost City has actually been generally considered OK and is one of the few maps that hasn't been tweaked since DOG took over (and has been in rotation 3 other times now).

Additionally, if we don't try new layouts we don't get stuff like FW 5 Font which you like.

I'd rather have us change the rotation and get feedback to improve the maps so that we get better variety over time.

Tarathil likes this.
  6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

How do you feel about a FW map with one font? That might be interesting.

Or a 4 font ST lake might be cool.

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Probably try it at some point.

I tried to get 4 fonts onto it, but it wasn't working due to spacing.

I also tried one where there was a font in the middle of the lake, but of course ended up being way too beneficial to FS and flyers (even though you could contest from the shore).

8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

can we just remove tundra lake all together its literally the worst map regardless of font placement.

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

My problem with Lost City is that first player can contest both of Player 2's fonts with little to no resistance. If player 1 drops a tanky/mobile champ his 2nd turn you can bet a $1 2nd player's font is going to be contested for a few turns.

But I still think Axilium 3 fonts > 5 fonts.

10. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

It is useless even at 5 nora, oh look at my op ness by placing a statue that nerfs my own champs...wooohooo

11. EnigmaXIII

Is kill sense meant to slow PERMANENTLY? I was facing an opponent that had it on his Sheoul Demon and my champ was slowed for the rest of the game. Since I dont run cleanse I couldnt even cleanse it. (Won anyway, but still)

12. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

It is permanent as long as your champion's HP is below 50% and it is close to the champion with Kill Sense.

13. EnigmaXIII

The demon died. I killed it. Murdered it. And ate its nora globe. Still slowed for the rest of the game :(.

14. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Has to be a bug then.

15. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

16. Tarathil

Tarathil Devotee of the Blood Owl

I dont get it. 5k is pretty easy to get, what am I missing?

17. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Still bad design.

Goyo likes this.
  18. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Sorry, what am I supposed to be seeing here? Something wrong with the relic, spacing, etc.?

newsbuff likes this.
  19. Sirius

What is the deeply thought out reason why Acrid Smoke doesn't blind demons? Is it another one of those "flavor" reasons? I hope not, because it'd be fake flavor.

Having it be an almost dead slot vs UD is a nuisance. In the small chance it was meant to work like that for gameplay reasons (rather than the deep "flavor"), so that it is castable on top of allies without blinding them... well, it's not that hard to avoid in practice anyway. And I can always cast it after attacking.

20. Sirius

Also, why is Barbarian Bolt not an SP champion anymore? I thought it fit in nicely in electricity bgs and it brought useful stuff to the theme and looked wild enough to belong. Was it too OP in there? Was it bothering anyone (I didn't see any nerf threads)?