Dead magic zone becoming a terrain based theme?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Heart, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

With the creation of the upcoming Arroyo in TSB (the spirits beyond), do you think that we'll see a terrain based theme in FW using dead magic zones, similair to how SL has sand, and UD has lava?

If so, what runes would you run? I don't play much FW, but I love terrain theme bgs, so I may just have to make one.

Woffleet likes this.
  2. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

It would be cool but i doubt it will ever happen.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

DMZ is used as a component of multiple themes, such as Witches and now Arroyo. Is that... not what you meant? Like, what the heck would a DMZ terrain based theme even be? You can certainly build a deck already that has a bunch of DMZ interaction if you want.

Also, DMZ isn't a goddamn terrain, it's a TLE, which is different in several ways.

4. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Good question.

FW has many interactions with DMZ including Hidden:, Domain, deadzone voodoo, elsari coven, dark sanctuary, and now arroyo - plus many ways to augment it including Despoil, annex, creeps, desecrated zone, and shadestrike.

DMZ as a terrain-type seems far superior to other terrain-types given the inherent advantage DMZ gives.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

What?

6. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

That's only the deployment zone, not the shrine bonus. Not an uncommon mistake, though: the initial redesign for Dusk Creeper actually had a bunch of DMZ interaction because Sok thought that Necrosis expanded the DMZ.

8. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

omfg, i thought it did too.

why si the ground black like DMZ??? This is confuse

9. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

The "black ground" never expands using necrosis.

10. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

sh|t. my bad. idk what i was thinking

11. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Ive made decks focusing on DMZ, unfortunately its buggy due to the way the game resolves if a champ is on dmz or not. For example when a dmz appears under a champion the game doesnt "count" it until the champ moves or ends/begins its turn on it. This clearly stinks for domain or ambush etc,

12. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Dead magic zone can't become a terrain based theme, because their terrain is too overpowered. Having dead magic zone cover the whole board would be ridiculous to play against and it's already bad enough as most fw champs have some way to create dead magic zone.

13. Poxineer

Poxineer The King of Potatoes

14. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Cherry picking or not my statement stands. Lol what?

15. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

This is either an intended mechanic of Pox or not, I have yet to figure that out for myself. Wasn't aware of DMZ having a delay but I know Awestruck has a similar interaction (bugged or not) as you described with DMZ the same is for Starshine. If a unit gains Awestruck from Starshine and is then killed, Awestruck is not placed on the next closest unit until the turn has ended or a unit has moved to "recheck" if Starshine is on the closest friendly.

I think it is designed this way DMZ and Starshine, so to limit the amount of debuffs that can be given instantly, otherwise it's a bug and those two mechanics should be changed to check for an owner each time dmg is dealt rather than when an unit moves or the turn is ended.