Why Mucker doesn't need to be nerfed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrakeArron, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

... Wat

No

You have to because often your melee options suck or the theme forces ranged or whatever, and your melee fraction might struggle arbitrarily much against Arrow Eaters. Buut that's why you run spells and relics and equipment and abilities that deal non-attack ranged damage.

2. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

im aware that my opinion are only that.

I just feel that having yer opponent use all there attacks amd whatever special abilities they may have (or maybe none atm),, then finish off with a spell,, is a big investment for something that cost me 57 nora,,,
    and its not like u can ignore it,, I guess u can. but id prolly deal with it right away,, cuz he can get out of hand..
    im also thinking that the situation is not,, my opponent has 3 or 4 champs and I just have mucker,, ill have my turn right after...
    so again its not that power turning a champ is unusual, ,, but when the cost is 57 nora and your investing a spell plus tons of ap,, I just see it as a little too much.. its like its a lil more then the cost of a relic :),

note: my mentioned of ireguard was not the rune in particular, , my point was that it takes the same effort to kill a 57 nora champ that it does to kill a 96 nora champ,, roughly.
    im not advocating any type of nerf or change,, I enjoy him in my bg....

3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

He's gonna be ignored until your enemy can split him with attacks he will not miss, such as those of supporters, and then bombed with bombs that ideally would not have found use elsewhere. Of course that is quite theoretical, but against a good player you will have a hard time causing your enemy trouble worth 57 nora with a mucker.

SPiEkY likes this.
  4. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Playing sand I have never had issues with kicker due to all of the aoe attacks. It's something that when countered, it sucks. But if you do not want to bring anything to counter it, then don't and learn to deal with it somehow. It is a rune that has swingy usefulness

5. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

I play(ed) Mucker a lot when using only FS plants. The BG is pretty short on meat an that's what the Mucker should give you. However in actual games I rarely deployed it given the choice because in practice it is one of the easiest champs to have killed -- I'd be choosing to deploy Death Lily(!) instead in most cases.

The good points of Mucker are that most opponents (i.e. no fester/decay) have to avoid taking it on 1v1, and it has some utility with entangle. Relying on hidden effects like Backfire/Confusion(spell)/Nexus Aura/Blood of the Swamp is a gamble that only occassionally pays off. Most people are ready for overkill anyway and it is just wasted nora.

6. Bighugelarge

Bighugelarge The King of Potatoes

I'd like to draw attention to chain lightning, fire bomb, magic bomb, disease breath, magic blast, flameburst, lightning blast, keg toss, annihilate, fire nova, frost cone, frost bolt. Lightning skewer, all these aoes are actually immune to backfire, it pierces through cancel magic, doesnt cost any additional nora not already present on the battlefield.

Then you have non basic attacks, bash, magic attack, fire attack, poison dart, radiant blow, arcblade, arrowshot, berserk attack, charged attack. And many more. All these attacks do not fulfill the requirements for a champion with split to split.

I appreciate this thread and DrakeArron for making it. While I am in no way convinced that he thinks mucker is OP i think he understands how much more well recieved thoughts are when not being made in defense of something being accused of being OP.

The thread also draws attention to the idea that I have more trouble when I use a hammer to extract a screw burrowed all the way up to its head in a two by four than when I use a screw driver. If all I had available to me were basic attacks mucker would be a 93 cost champ. However turns out I got a whole tool box.

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I used to think mucked was hard... When I first started it was a difficult rune to kill, now I use a spell or aoe and then finish it off with a battle leader champ. I look forward to it splitting for easier procs of battle leader.

8. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

yea ,learning to kill mucker is not the point I was trying to make.

9. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

Yeah, see, this is sort of the point of the thread. A little backstory- once I realised how powerful mucker looked to me, it really wouldn't have been hard to simply ask a fellow guildy wquick and have the problem solved in 5 minutes. Instead I tried to use it as an example of the idea that calling for nerfs/buffs on something that really doesn't need it is bad. I basicly used my own noobness to help me make a point :p.

10. elimilech1

elimilech1 New Member

I have found one use for mucker: in a delim split faction deck. See, each of those clones is counted as a 'real' champ, so when they die, all the delim you have out gets +3 life and heals 6, which Really stacks up when your opponent has split it into four pieces then aoe'd it.

Also, with all the new if/fs plants, this deck may finally be viable.

PhdNiceGuy likes this.
  11. elimilech1

elimilech1 New Member