Why Mucker doesn't need to be nerfed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrakeArron, Aug 5, 2016.

1. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

Mucker is an insane champion to me. I have no idea how its possible for me to deal 50 damage to it in one attack, or through multiple abilities- or 25 damage twice, and so on.
    When it splits, its copies hp are halved, but only the turn they split. If the HP was halved permanently I might have a fighting chance, but I don't.
    On top of that, it heals to full *before* any damaging conditions it has on itself, so poison won't work.
    And if I fail to take it out with one attempt, I pretty much auto lose whatever font its contesting.
    Hard removal would work, but I don't have much of that in the factions I'm playing.

To me, Mucker is one of if not the most overpowered champion in the game.

But I don't think it should be nerfed. Or modified, or anything. Why, if this champion is the most overpowered to me?
    Because it isn't to anyone else. I haven't seen a single thread complaining about its power-level, not a single comment mention, not a single remark in a conversation. More importantly, I haven't heard any of that from the good, experienced players.

That means that, in all likelihood, it is *me* who is the problem. I mean, if no one else is complaining about it, I must just be doing something clearly wrong. Perhaps there's more hard removal spells then I realize. Perhaps it isn't as scary as it looks to me. But whatever the reason is, I am clearly not losing to it because it is OP- it just looks like its OP to me.

So, the point of this thread? My point is that if something looks OP to you... or needs a nerf... or needs a buff... etcetera, and no one else is saying it, your probably wrong. Now, obviously someone has to be the first to complain, but its easy to see if you should be that first- ask other players (most preferably good ones), and see what they think in conversations. If they're oblivious, then, ignore it.

In that case, instead of complaining about it on the forums, ask people what to do about it. Clearly if no one else is complaining they must have a solution, right? So look for that solution. Do that, and admit to yourself that you are likely the problem.

I did. And that is why I believe Mucker doesn't need to be nerfed.

2. DrakeArron

(IDK if this is too high and mighty or stuck up or something, but I thought it was a good example and I really wanted to write it like an article. So feel free to tell me I'm horrible if I'm wrong and this is a bad post ;) )

EDIT: Also, if by some absurd ati-miracle it turns out mucker *does* need to be nerfed, well, IDK how I'll react to that. I'll likely laugh and cry at the same time.

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Area Effect attacks/spells work very well after you split it a couple times, you'll want to build up a bit before bothering with it.

DrakeArron and Fentum like this.
  4. DrakeArron

Yeah, can never split it enough though. I woukd also likely need a couple champs to split it, and using an entire AOE on a single champ fills like overkill- especially when it cost 60 nora.
    In otherwords, it still looks OP to me. But IK it isn't :p

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

You got my post before my ninja edit

DrakeArron likes this.
  6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

It look OP on paper but the champ isn't a treat at all, so you can prepare to kill it without worrying too much.

Remember, you got the power to procs Split, not your opponent. So you kill it or don't touch it.

DrakeArron, Qucas and SPiEkY like this.
  7. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

the key to one rounding a mucker is to use 1 or 2 non basic attack sources before splitting, follow up with 1 or 2 splits and then drop an aoe. The same formula usually works for SL splitters as well, but unfortunately you may make mistakes factoring in the Firking ridiculous 20% SL resistance which applies to every single stupid ass resistance element in poxnora.

Goyo likes this.
  8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Sigh

upload_2016-8-6_0-58-18.jpeg

Burcho, Etherielin, Karmavore and 9 others like this.
  9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Math OP.

or, at least, it was.

Qucas and DrakeArron like this.
  10. DrakeArron

Thing is, its kind of hard to do math if your bad at it and strained for time. So, I guess this is sort of me supporting the request for a longer turn timer? XD

electus1 likes this.
  11. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

One thing that has always bugged me is when a champion like Mucker requires an AoE spell to finish off. Some factions have more access to non-spell/non-relic AoE damage than others. When the champion is about the cost of a spell, it becomes very efficient nora-wise.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  12. DrakeArron

Yeah, this is part of why it looks OP to me I think. Thing is, no one else has complained. I mean, you are now, but your saying "bugged" you- so it obviously isn't nearly of as much a hurt to your game as it is to me. Therefore, I'd be totally out of place in calling for a nerf- especially if more then one champ has the problem, in which case I'd pretty much be calling for an overhaul of a big part of the game.

13. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

It depends on the deck. My Fairy deck can cover the champion in a Force Barrier (if all sides of the champion are covered, it won't split). If I use my Wizard deck, I can use a few Magic Novas. If I use other KF decks, I probably have to use a spell. If all else fails, ignore the Mucker until you have enough forces to kill it. But, yeah, some decks I have to use a spell and then am annoyed that the Mucker was essentially free.

14. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Backfire + mucker usually results in rage quits when one fails to one round. I rage quit when I fail to one round the ridiculous SL splitters after my aoe spell is c-blocked by cancel magic.

15. DrakeArron

Well, theres an easy solution to that. If whether you lose or win the entire game depends on that one, single, aor spell then it would be a good idea to check for spell block effects first. Even if that means waiting an entire turn and losing momentum- hell, if it means losing a font or a champ- do it. Losing a font or a champion isn't nearly as bad as losing the entire game.

So, check for spell block effects first.

16. Keku

Keku The King of Potatoes

I feel like you just build up some units, you hit him and he gets weaker and weaker with each attack... he's slow and is rarely a threat, if you split him enough times an AoE ability usually does the trick

17. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Fester or Inhibiting Touch will fix this.

fattyy2k likes this.
  18. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

I always felt it was a bit op,not cuz of power but cost vs power. .
    and I play fs, and sp mostly so im not complaining...
    ,its funny you guys are all discussing ways to kill it,, abilities , split, then spells whatever. I mean it sounds like u guys are discussing best ways to kill voths ireguard(90+nora) or something......
    an opponent basicaly has to powerturn,, attacks , abilites and burn a spell to kill a 57 nora champ....making your opponent spend so much resources to kill such a low nora champ is worth it even if he gets 1 rounded..
    remove reconstitut and ponderous..bgood2go.

Ralphen likes this.
  19. Keku

Keku The King of Potatoes

but a vothsair ireguard can't be attacked at all almost if your BG depends on ranged units... while the split units can get low enough to kill with the meekest of champs.
    I think units with immunity physical or ghost are much more "threatening" for specific BGs...

20. DrakeArron

Well theres your problem. You should *never* build a BG that depends on ranged units. It should depend on meelee and ranged equally.