What is the most anti FW deck possible?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Compost, Aug 14, 2016.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

any deck with a faction bonus.

2. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Arctic Wail isn't used 2x because it is situational and draw dependent. It's simple logic: either run 2x Wail and maybe win vs FW(by no means it ensures a win) but risk having 2 dead slots against almost everything else, or don't run it and beat everything that isn't FW.

Because if you run one Wail you'll end up needing to go personally and finish the relic(which isn't easy in most cases, no matter how much FW players say it's easy to pass through their hordes of cheap champions to destroy a relic), and if you run 2 you'll most likely be wasting nora against BGs that don't have many relics deployed simultaneously.

3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Running 2x Arctic wail is like running Shadow Word: Horror in Hearthstone. Yeah, it will get you some wins against zoo, but it will also get you a lot of losses against everything else

SPiEkY likes this.
  4. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

Feels like Bane Shift to play against FW...

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

But if you want to build the most anti-FW deck, you're going to end up sacrificing other matchups. That's sort of how this works; OP didn't ask for "most anti-FW deck that also stands on solid ground within a larger competitive environment," he asked for something which "counter[ed] FW as much as possible." So, you know, recommending 2x Arctic Wail is totally legitimate.

Even so, I think 2x would be a bad plan against FW. One does all you need. Banner to screen Shard placement, drop Shard with one more amp champ, Wail for 20.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Couple things:
    • Seism is weak against anyone dedicated to using relics and worth their salt. It's in no way a viable counter to anything in FW.
    • Doesn't matter whether or not the deck is good against the rest of the field, that's been established, no point in bringing it up.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Why not run siege lord on it instead? That way they can't get any relics

badgerale likes this.
  8. Lushiris

Relying on one champion against FW never ends well. They will find it, and they will kill it.

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Agreed, I just mean for that individual champ's build. Starting with it could delay their relic deployment for a few rounds.

10. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

ud/st split imo. deploy siegemonger then superchamp it up with lusara's staff and healing ham and shield etc. what could possibly go wrong?

e: nm they changed shield.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  11. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

Nope, I am a full time griefer.

Against FW. I ***** a lot, about the same thing.

Oh and bugs. Poison globule doesn't work. Never goes off. Just sits there, equiped on an enemy, tauting me.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Doesn't happen. In none of my games or those of @themacca that I've watched has a UT ever been openly deployed into potential Seism.

Only thing you will tag post-Wail is potentially Statue of Xulos; 20 damage kills everything else. Theoretically, a single Seism champ could tag a post-Wail Graveyard if the FW player runs Ed, but with 3-4 screen relics available, that still shouldn't happen.

Siegemonger seems potentially viable, but unstable.

13. gopuu420

gopuu420 Well-Known Member

I think all factions have their own speciality. If you ask what is the most anti fw deck possible my answer is all deck. Only the thing is how smartly we play the deck. Once more thing how we covered the deck ( means like fully well set deck contains good runes,relics,equips,spells) It doesn't matter if they are common,uncommon,rare,exotic,legendry.

14. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I have to agree. If I am playing a deck with low-ish HP champs and see a Chopping Block, there is very little chance I am going to win. Furthermore, the effort would be so "unfun" that I'd rather not do it. I now feel the same away when I see cheap FW champ spam.

I am not that concerned about robbing another player of the joy of making me want to bash my teeth out for 42 minutes.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    Boozha likes this.
  15. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

We're all talking about destroying relics, what's the cool down on Arctic wail ? Now tell me the cooldown for skull of decay and tomb please ?

There in lies the true power of fw, an extremely strong bonus that is marked off as a weakness.

16. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

5 turns, the spell is only 25 norans

17. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

what really? i thought it was 35. dafuq ST

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Yeah, I thought so, too, until Kal pointed it out in Global chat the other day.

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Skull is 20 nora, so CD 4, UT is 40 nora, so CD 8. Wail is 25 nora, so CD 5 (as mentioned). Also, playing Wails on multiple relics generates a nora advantage.

20. Lushiris

Given you destroy them.