Judgement time

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Ravenhawker23, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Ravenhawker23

Ravenhawker23 New Member

My favorite rune in all of Pox Nora has to be Judge Torien. I've been fascinated with him ever since he came out and though i'm not a big SL player, only played skywings with great success when they first came out, I am wanting to make a BG with the Judge at it's core. Can anyone help me? I would love the assistance and appreciate it greatly. Thank you in advanced if only for just reading my questions

2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

sandspray and bombs are your friends. spark crone and scouring jasper are also conceivably useful, you're likely to have a crapton of AoE scoured though

in general, look for aoe or global debuffs. ranged works as well in a pinch just because it's still easier to apply

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Varu dragon

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

there are decks you don't run varu dragon in

???

5. Ravenhawker23

Ravenhawker23 New Member

So i'm looking for a debuff bg to just pass judgement to win basically?

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Judgement is nice spot removal, and if your opponent makes a mistake you can wipe quite a few champions.
    Try marauders (bomb, sunder and fear) and ruthless netmasters (debilitate, cripple, entangling, grounded, slowed, rend, (lol))

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

i'm schooling this guy in the art of cool guys

8. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

He's already 2 kool 4 skool.

9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

well, ok so getting back to the main topic it really depends on how heavily you want to rely on the judge. if you run a full on debuff deck it's probably not going to have much tying it together aside from that one rune, which will cause awkward scenarios where you don't draw judge and have to play a deck focused around him without him. it's still doable, but generally not ideal. if you do do this, you need as many judges as you can fit in a deck just for the draw chance

the other option is just to run judge incidentally, as a one-off in a deck that already has a decent number of debuffs, and deploy him when convenient and then focus your attention around making big judgement plays. if i were recommending something there it would be a sand deck just because of the massively enhanced mobility you get out of dunewalkers

you can also split sl with something else (is for gravity well maybe, though that seems like it would need a lot of setup). i'm mostly not gonna be your guy for splits, but i might come back and put up a mock deck for a sand thing and full out debuff

10. Ravenhawker23

Ravenhawker23 New Member

awesomesauce, I'm thinking it would be best to make a deck that just so happens to run judge in it. lol idk why my favorite rune is such a difficult rune to put into a deck...I don't think many people run something with judge in it lol

11. GabrielQ

Oyo was running a FS/SL snaptooths with judgement, it was pretty good.

12. Ravenhawker23

Ravenhawker23 New Member

13. GabrielQ

14. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

I think in FF things like drak maruader, ruthless netmaster, and skeez alchemist would be your friends. Maurader with sunder can apply sunder and burning (through free fire bomb) in one round for an easy 20hp judgement. If you have fear mutated up, sunder, frightened, and charred is a 30hp judgement and only involves two runes. Alchemist similar situation if you can acid bomb and fire bomb on the same turn (preferably more than one enemy) Torien moves in for an easy 20hp judgement to each rune. Netmaster with debilitate and cripple is 3 debuffs per hit, more if you start getting mutation: gore going. Trying to set up massive judgment combos is going to be few and far between in FF, just because you only have the one judge running around and he might not pop in time.

FS has Snaptooth ancients and Elder Murkwurms that also have or can get judgement, making a BG built around triggering this much more likely. But both those runes are LEG and relatively pricey nora wise.

15. rogreborn

rogreborn Devotee of the Blood Owl