New online competetive turn-based tactical customizable strategy game!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by newsbuff, Mar 14, 2014.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I am still mad about the shimzar rarity drop rate changes so I have not played.

2. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I have been getting ****ed on drops, not happy about it.

3. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

This game is fun!
    Many factions have so good artwork that i dont know which one to pick :p
    getting more wins with abyss

4. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Honestly when the game first came out, I didn't play it that much, even though I'm a dev...

But since adding the alternative generals and with the new expac (and battle pets!) I am really digging it and playing more. One of the things I always hated about Hearthstone was the same old hero powers for 2 years and pretty boring expansions that didn't add any significant new mechanics. I'm really happy with the more interesting design direction of Duelyst, by comparison.

Kampel likes this.
  5. Kampel

I dont understand pets, i crafted one and cant find it to add to my custom bg

6. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

they're regular minion cards like anything else but you can't control them. they will auto move/attack at the start of each of your turns. they're generally undercost (i think there's a 3/3 for 1, for example).

7. potatonuts

Free gauntlet tickets plz :rolleyes:

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

News are you the only Duelyst dev that plays pox or are there more? If so who is the best?

9. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

I'm a low level engineer, so I don't personally know everyone in the company. I do know that the CTO has played pox, though (I have been harassing him to play it for years). But then again, he plays all tactics games as a matter of knowing his field ^_^

10. Kampel

OH you are a dev in Duelyst? nice

I love all the "moving" parts every menu has, icons, little light dots flying around, etc. :)

potatonuts likes this.
  11. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

it is very pretty. and the character designs and color palette are so cool. my big complaint is that pixel graphics suck and are incongruous with the smooth, beautiful loading screens/backgrounds and concept art. I wish it had sprites like pox nora's, frankly. Maybe higher definition, but I just hate pixel graphics. it's such a gimmick from like 2009.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

In order to use Pixel Art, you need Swordchucks.
    [​IMG]

Dagda likes this.
  13. Kampel

I actually like the combo of pixel graphics, cartoon arts(generals), 3D styled maps and cool smooth backgrounds

newsbuff likes this.
  14. Kampel

I havent read this entire thread and im prty sure someone mention this but the way Duelyst shows your collection THAT is what i imagine Pox needs to show the rune manager and checklist.

Other cool thing is that in Duelyst the timer has no numbers, hidding the number takes away half the mental preassure

15. potatonuts

If the new client turns out anything like the Duelyst client I think I'll be very happy.

Kampel likes this.
  16. Kampel

Ok so i've been playing this, a couple matchs each day, gotta say its fun and looks prettey but it gets boring pretty quickly.

17. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

it's a pretty big step down from pox nora's complexity. i can't imagine any PN fan's interest to be held for long by Duelyst :-/

Kampel likes this.
  18. Kampel

Pox >>>>>>>> Duelyst :p

19. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

4ever

Kampel likes this.
  20. Kampel

You know, having a closer look at why i find Duelyst boring and frustrating i realize that the lack of player interactions sucks, you cant have anyone teaching you anything, you cant ask "why" etc. It worrys me that Pox PS4 players will feel similar if they cant comunicate with us.. also after playing a couple weeks with Duelyst and changing to pox the pox sprites seem TOO small, how would a PS4 player see them in a tv which is even further away than a pc screen