Can we get impeding 2 terrain back?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Orubus, Sep 21, 2016.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

What about flying?

Pattn199 likes this.
  2. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Oh wow I never noticed that(had to test lol).

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

As far as I have seen, in regards to Snow/Deep Snow, the Impeding value listed are correct, it's just that Impeding 2 should be Deep Snow and Impeding 1 should be Snow, and some Impeding 1 Snow is incorrectly described as Deep Snow.

4. Sokolov

Not sure. It'll depend on how we accomplish it.

5. Lushiris

And my guess is that non-impeding snow is Light Snow. But like I said even before knowing this, I think ST only needs a little bit more snow(if at all), although giving a couple themes(or at least beasts, because many of them have snow-related abilities) some source of Snow Shroud would be really cool, because watching Sonmbra running Snowspinner in a Beast BG hurts a bit.

6. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

thanks, this is probably for the best but good to know before I try to gale something in a cliff

7. Sokolov

What sources of Light Snow do you know of still? I'd like to remove those and make them Ice.

8. Lushiris

Probably just the font, lol.

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I liked the Knockback interaction with chasms. Just, for the record.

Qucas, SPiEkY, Leadrz and 1 other person like this.
  10. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah.
    Feel bad for new players not being able to do that anymore due to map rotations. KB into chasms was legit.
    Heck, even Domichasm, annoying as heck, provived in depth strategy as to when to expect it, when to lure the opponent and when to capitalize on his mistake.
    Shame.

IMAGIRL, Qucas, SPiEkY and 1 other person like this.
  11. Lushiris

Just so it gets clear, you can't cliffdive anything with KB anymore, that mechanic was changed. So the smaller number of maps with chasms is all due to Possession cliffdives.

12. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

Yeah just make it inaccessible for every champ, flying included. Or give us back kB chasm.

Ppl should l2p. Atm there not making any sense

13. Lushiris

To be honest I know you're right, but if KB chasm not existing meant Domi/Possession Chasm not existing as well, I'd totally prefer it.

14. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

To be honest most champs with knockbacks as well as spells with those would just become overcosted with Sok's formula.

15. Lushiris

What do you mean? I really didn't understand. I'll answer according to what I understood: Knockback ALREADY doesn't cliffdive.

16. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Wait, what?
    @Sokolov , is this the case? When was it changed? Was it a very announced change?
    Cause I think I missed it, and honestly this was a matter that needed a broad discussion.
    Because, lets be completely frank here: Domichasm > KBchasm, and if the latter was removed and the first wasnt, this was a terrible move.

IMAGIRL and SPiEkY like this.
  17. Lushiris

Like it's been said, that isn't such a big deal right now because Sok is avoiding the chasm heavy maps in the rotation. But of course your point is valid and if we ever want to see chasm maps again Possession must be dealt with first.

18. Lushiris

Of course there are different ways of dealing with Possession cliffdiving other than directly nerfing it(for example, Sok's been spreading Prestige lately), I'm just stating the obvious given KB received such treatment.

19. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I said "would", which implies they'd become overcosted if KB-chasm was still a thing.

20. Lushiris

Still don't get it, why would they become overcosted? Don't you mean undercosted(and even so that wouldn't be true because no KB mechanic had its cost changed)?