How many champs do you run in your decks now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Sep 23, 2016.

?

How many champs do you run now?

1. 12 or less

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. 13

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
  3. 14

16 vote(s)
    27.6%
  4. 15

26 vote(s)
    44.8%
  5. 16

31 vote(s)
    53.4%
  6. 17 or more

20 vote(s)
    34.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

These comments are comforting to read, it seems im not the only with strange OCD tendencies. Mine actually inhibit my deck building sometimes and i have to try to resist it.

2. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

SP mixed meta - 18
    Voils - 18
    Dwarves - 19
    Moga - 20

PhdNiceGuy likes this.
  3. Qucas

Qucas Guest

16-18 like always

4. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

The exact same amount as before the change, which is about 15.
    It just feels like a solid balance of having enough options to deploy stuff whilst having enough on the spot things to chose from.
    Also if I wanted to change my current bgs I have no idea what I would take out.

I did do some maths and decide that 7 is an ok number, and so made a 7 champ adaptive bg. I have always been able to deploy turn 1 and nearly always have another guy on turn 2. After 2 guys though it's hit and miss whether I can deploy any more, which isn't too horrible for an adaptive bg but still isn't great. I also included grimlic's mirror for a pseudo extra champ, but I'm silly and have 2 heroes in the bg and so can't use it at all sometimes. :oops:

5. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

What is an adaptive bg?

6. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

A bg designed around supporting a champ (or champs) with Adaptive and having them be your primary damage dealer. In KF you can do this De'Lim, Elven Ancestor, Fae Oracle, K'thir Doombringer (and Chained Fae, but due to movement being restricted it's hard to build one around her.)

http://s-qpoxdb.rhcloud.com/ability/3163

Qucas, fogandsteel and Elves Rule like this.
  7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

In PvE I'm even experimenting with a BG that has less than 10, but 2 Lich Kings to use immortality so I always have a champ.

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Lonx - 15
    ST Flying - 16
    Mirefolk - 16
    Boghoppers - 16
    Dwarfs - 17
    Grints - 15
    Paladins - 16
    Strux - 16

9. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

I currently run 14. That being said, I've been running strictly 14 champs for about two-three years now (when active).

Qucas and Anima26 like this.
  10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

That's how I was feeling too, and from discussions with some people it seemed like most, if they changed anything, is largely to run less x2.

11. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I like that running maybe 14-15 seems like a more than viable option. I want to try it out. Might allow me to play more equips and relics. I tend to stick to 2 or 3 relics (unless its Myx) and 1 or 2 equips, i prefer my variety of spells.

12. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

15-17 because of toolboxy champs.

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

it would probably be more beneficial to the state of the game if you stopped instead.

14. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Please stop derailing this thread.

Anima26 likes this.
  15. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

14 Is a pretty safe number now, although I haven't tried less than that.

Anima26 likes this.
  16. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Im still barely back , but i'm definitely already between 13-14, probably will drop to 11-12 eventually. Granted UD can get away with this because its not meant for late game.

17. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

15 champs + 1hero*Kartch*(16). Sometimes 2heroes*Kartch*, *Gekaal*(17).

18. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Not much changed for, always aimed for 15 or 16 champs, doubles for champs core to the strategy of the BG and 1x of situational deploys / test run runes / mostly backline (tarif/death harvester/chronomancer etc). Going below 15 champs really hurts on 5 font maps when it goes so late all your champs are on CD, that's just the lamest way to lose

19. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

I'm running 14 with putting much thought into correctly choosing those. I think it's a good amount. My bg also aims to protect those champions.