Sonic Eater

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JazzMan1221, Apr 22, 2014.

1. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Immunity - Fire makes you immune to the Charred condition.

Immunity - Frost makes you immune to the Chilled condition.

Immunity - Acid makes you immune to the Scoured condition.

Immunity - Sonic makes you immune to............sonic damage.

Now, I know that sonic damage doesn't have a DOT, but why would Sonic Eater grant immunity to Distracted while Immunity - Sonic does not? It seems inconsistent with the rest of the Immunity abilities. FYI, there is no champion in the game with Sonic Eater, it can only be granted through the KF spell Protection. That being said, why does Sonic Eater grant immunity to Distracted anyway? The way I see it there are three possible solutions to this problem:

1. Remove the clause from Sonic Eater stating that it gives immunity to Distracted.

2. Add a clause to Immunity - Sonic specifying that the champion is also immune to Distracted.

3. Introduce some kind of sonic damage DOT, while removing the association between sonic damage and Distracted altogether. Not all distractions involve sound; some can involve light, or movement, or temperature change, or an itch on one's leg, etc.

Note that if solution #3 is chosen, the introduced DOT would obviously be added to the text of Immunity - Sonic and Sonic Eater the same way other DOTs are prevented by Immunities and Eater abilities. As to what we could call this new DOT (I'm assuming one of the reasons why a sonic damage DOT was never introduced was because they couldn't figure out what to call it), I would suggest "Dehiscence". This is in reference to Superior Semicircular Canal Dehiscence Syndrome, a rare medical condition of the inner ear that can affect both hearing and balance to different degrees, resulting in sound-induced vertigo, over-sensitivity to sound, and severe migraines. http://vestibular.org/superior-canal-dehiscence-scd

What are everyone's thoughts on this? Keep in mind that with this change, it would open up a huge variety of possible nerfs/buffs to runes such as Snogvie (who could finally get his Greeting changed to be more like other Greetings), Sonic Elemental, Echo Chamber, Screaming Leviathan, and more!

2. only

only Active Member

consolidated Fear and Charm
    remove global abilities like bastion of will/encourage/prestige

Iron Will = protects from Distracted (new charm/fear), Silenced (former Distracted), Pacify, Confuse, Possession.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Organic systems tend to grow this way. If one were to design Pox 2.0, you would probably see each damage type come with a standard secondary effect.

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

sonic dot 2014

5. only

only Active Member

Distracted is Sonic and Wandering is Psychic.
    but if dots would provide secondary effects (like poison, scour, rabid), I would say the effect from the spell "Identity Crisis" could be Psychic effect. it would be neat to remove race/class temporaly (think about all buffs based on those aspects).

6. kat7ra

kat7ra Member

well, since there is a revamp coming up, I'd approve of either getting a true and true sonic and psycic dot, or making wandering and distracted belong to the two. seems conistent and nice.

7. MadCom

MadCom Active Member

Then we also need all types of pings, jabs, boomerans, maddening echoes, defeaning auras, greetings, etc. and they should all do the same thing, not like current sonic greating different from other.

8. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Reverberation and Reverberated plox.

Maybe Dissonance?

9. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

dissonance dot seems like a good idea though they'd have to reduce the dmg to 5 or something

10. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

TL;DR buff Snogvie

11. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

DOT should be faccion themed, like KF should have only rend, and charred should be commom only in UD and some SL.
    but this is the faccion identity problen, and i agree with that, all "imunitie - dmg type" should have a "inumitie - effect" include with it.

12. MadCom

MadCom Active Member

Why people try to bind distract to sonic damage? Because they use same icon and uses same color? There is a lot of champs who uses different attack type, but adds distracted. All suggestions here are bad.

13. Grand General Mosh

Grand General Mosh Devotee of the Blood Owl

Just going to point this out really quick, even though I've been sitting on it for a looong time...

Rock Eaters can be eviscerated, and it does in fact heal them. It's stupid, and minor, and inconsistent, but it has saved my GRE on a few occasions.

14. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Huh, actually, minor and stupid it may be, but inconsistent is not.
    IIRC, it is possible to cast plague on a unit with disease eater (target champion is diseased and infectious), and the champion will actually get diseased , but eater will kick and the champion will actually heal. However, plague is a terrible rune, so nobody notice it before. Will test to see if this interaction still works.

Grand General Mosh likes this.