Patch Preview: Pounce/Swoop/Massive Leap consolidation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

Don't get me started on what the art of champ is supposed to represent. 70% of IS champs "look" like they're a certain way but in game do nothing of the like. If this complaint is valid then I have a mothertruckload of a list

Etherielin likes this.
  2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Note that Massive Leap is currently CD2 with a larger ae.

In any case, details are subject to change. I kind if want to preserve the lumbering but that'll prolly mean higher cd and or lower damage.

3. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

dmg 6 lumbering

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

So this patch is nearly finished right. Midterm hype?

Woffleet and aseryen like this.
  5. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

yeah seriously my patience is running low.

6. Olgachary

Olgachary The King of Potatoes

Question: Why did you go through all this? The problem with pounce lies in 3 things that make it overpowered:

Boundless Enthusiasm - Solution - make it goblin/imp only
    Spirit of the Mountain - it's good enough as it is without having pounce
    Lonx Bonecharm - I don't play ST enough to know what would be a good alternative or restriction on this - but I could imagine if it also gave 'Easy Target' you'd balance it out as a 1-1 kill. (I'm not suggesting that as a solution but someone more experienced with ST surely could think of something fair)

It feels like you've gone through a hell of allot of effort for the sake not wanting to adjust those three.

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Sok is changing Pounce because people can't comprehend the way it currently works.

8. Sokolov

For Pounce, pretty much what Cynda said:
    Over the past couple years, I have fielded the "Why doesn't X counter Pounce" question dozens of times, and people repeatedly seem to think its an attack even tho it doesn't say anywhere that it is one.

For Swoop, it's similar, since that actually does a similar thing - though currently people's focus is on Pounce partly because of the runes you mentioned.

Note that all 3 of those will probably be nerfed separately from this change anyway.

Spirit's Pet is going to be losing Pounce regardless, for example, that actually was decided awhile ago.

9. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

And he will gain Eviscerate 3/Deepwounds right ?;):D or is the point here to nerf it? (I'm obviously kidding)

10. yuore

yuore The King of Potatoes

Change to pounce affect the UD , with how bad they are , boundless enthusiasm , one of those scarce resources to strategy, lose effectiveness , UD are weak comparing it to others,
    Change pounce mechanics seems excessive

11. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

Glorious Leap going to be effected at all? Or is it just considered a completely different ability.

Edit: Nvm, for some reason I thought GL did damage.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  12. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Ummm... or it could be leaping into the air and landing with such force that it breaks the ground ala the new pounce slam. As far as art goes it's not much of a stretch at all and actually fits it fine.

13. Sokolov

Updated Seismic Leap:

This champion is relocated to target space within 4 spaces. Enemy champions within 2 spaces of the target takes 10 Physical damage (this damage ignores DEF), are knocked back 1 space and become <condition value=slowed>Slowed</condition> for 2 turns. (Nora: 6, AP: 4, CD: 3)

Anima26, Woffleet and Etherielin like this.
  14. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

The idea seem pretty nice, but any reason for this to be 4/6/8 nora cheaper then Tidal Wave, Avalanche and Lava Storm? It's basically the same with a bit lower dmg but applying Slowed, knock back and with a relocation effect. Seems a bit too cheap... Id say either knock back or slowed, both is just too much. Or make it's cost higher.

Gnomes and SPiEkY like this.
  15. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Way too cheap. Just make it 6 dmg and slowed and make Tremor like that as well. I could see it turning into a problem given we have a lot of tremor in the game as AoE Slowed might be too powerful, so I'm still unsure.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  16. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

So yeah, let's make the game dumber so people can avoid acquiring reading skills or simply testing the darn ability to see what it actually does.
    I mean Sok, I can see the reasoning behind trying to consolidate buggy abilities and similar ones, but Pounce was actually a cool AoE melee attack, and units with the ability themselves were never a problem until this damned new equip (Bone Collar something) came around.
    Honestly, this change combined with KB chasm going away without Domichasm going, makes me very weary of whats to come.
    But hey, I dont play anymore so I shouldnt say stuff like this.
    Its all good!

17. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

I'm of the idea that, as currently described, it will be a better version of the current Pounce. It should have a lower base damage.

18. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

@Pedeguerra Except that it stopped being an attack and turned into a "deal X damage to whatever you want unless it has immunity: physical". It ignores DEF, impenetrable (as it no longer acts as an attack), deflect, divert (same case) and can even hit through charm. Pounce in UD gives Sheoul Demons a threat range of 10 up from a threat range of 6, not to mention other pounceless champs like Pit Dragons. Pounce with timeslip (blitz being a primary offender, but pounce just makes it worse) in KF lets you 1-round anything you want.

That's why the change is needed. The ability breaks a huge range of champions when they get it.

@Sokolov Reduce the damage - make the ability more about utility (like Glorious Leap) than damage. Keep in mind it has a potential of 5 extra damage from KB, so that should be accounted for as well.

19. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Impenetrable: This champion can not be the target of abilities your enemy controls, including non-basic attacks. This does not include basic attacks.

So I guess it wouldn't ignore that. But you forgot to mention blind, OWN and NKD.

20. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Pounce ignores impenetrable and impenetrable used to ignore pounce in the past, which is why I brought it up.