Discussion: Temporary Ban List

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

gross

Qucas and SPiEkY like this.
  2. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

stupid idea putting these on ban, only a few are op. i doubt i will play until they are removed from ban.

3. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Learn to read, bro. Thanks. Saves us all from having to read ignorance filled posts.
    [​IMG]

TeaNinja likes this.
  4. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

i did read actually, i know this change is to mix up the meta.

it has gutted my SL deck, i did see some things may have been removed from the ban list since if soks post here is correct..

but lets talk about the original ban list.. (i play fw and sl)

SL
    (Champs)
    Skywing Imperator - needed to kill hard to kill / super champs
    Skywing Rumbler
    Dunes Manticore

(Non-Champions)
    Magnetize - needed to kill hard to kill / super champs
    Transfusion - needed to kill hard to kill / super champs if used with forbidden fruit
    Hive - needed to kill impervious champs

Doom - needed to kill hard to kill / super champs
    Essence Drain - needed to kill hard to kill / super champs

i would much rather you banned the hard to kill / superchamps... since this leaves us with fk all hope against them now.

5. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Reapers blade, forbidden fruit, scouring jasper, quicken, etc. You still have plenty of options as far as I can see.

6. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Soulreave if you can't get through armor or toughness or something like that. But if you just plain can't attack, then you need therapy.

(Imperator to kill superchamps!? What!? I guess against Dwarves or Boneshredder...).

To get those impervious champs, use more DOT,
    Or this. Jasper is amazing and I'm sad I don't use it more.

7. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

@Excalibur95 also, this banlist is temporarily not in effect.

8. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

I am sorry sokolov but the UD ban list appears to be a bit random

I mean I understand the boundless and shoeul demon ban but pincushion and demolish are some of the oldest runes in UD and as far as I know no one has complained about them :)

Also regarding SL why are sky wing rumblers and screeches and especially the aspect of violence not on the list ;)

The rest of the list looks solid so salute on a job well done there :)

9. Bondman007

Dude, relax, put the pitchforks and torches down, the ban list is NOT in effect. When it does go into effect, however, at least six of the factions got really bruised up by the ban list. Just sayin...

10. Bondman007

Sok, I think as a result of this thread, if I put your shoes on for one second as a developer, I can truly see your frustrations with game communities (even if you do better than some and mask your frustrations).
    But, wow, for the love... At least half of these people have no clue... Just think, some of these people are able to vote o_O

Tweek516 and SireofSuns like this.
  11. nepyonisdead

Personally I have nothing but respect for sok and senshu for doing their best to establish balance to the game but if regular players don't give you feedback and question your moves, you are kinda working blindly.
    With that being said in terms of balance this is propably the most balanced pox has ever been with the exception of some runes of course so props to all the devs.

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It says this isn't active but I can't que with Might of Ironfist?

13. nepyonisdead

its a bug bro

14. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Purely because they are staples that see a lot of play in ud decks

15. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I'll check.

EDIT: Should be fixed!

16. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

I really liked the idea, any chance it would reappear in the future?
    It could even be reccuring, like every DoW the top 2 most used runes for each faction get banned.

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

@Sokolov i have an idea that could shake the bg building a bit without limiting the rune choice. you could create a list of runes that when played modify negatively your points earning. for example, a banner in the bg means -5 pts. drown-2 etc. in this way everybody can build without limits but if you push too much with certain runes, you risk to earn no points or lose points even if you win. this points should be compared on the two players so for example if my bg has -5 and yours -10, it will be counted as a -5 for you only, to avoid both players losing points. i don't know if its difficult to code, but could be a nice compromise.

18. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

I don't like it. I just want to be free to make "cool" decks without being overly punished. Imagine playing the 'sub par' BG that is mirefolk and getting punished for running drown. It just does not feel good.

19. Resonance9

Resonance9 The King of Potatoes

As a complete noob, I'm completely unfamiliar with ban lists and banned runes. Maybe instead of an absolute ban or deducting points, perhaps just have it "allowed" in the decks but being destroyed immediately, such as using Menalaus in a split-deck? That way noobs wouldn't have to alter their decks for (apparently) no reason while people wanting to make "cool decks" can still do so without getting penalized.

20. flador

flador The King of Potatoes

Was the banlist disabled due to backlash, or just because it caused so many problems with public decks? I'd like to see something like this again once the new client comes out.