CIA says Russia influenced US election to help Trump win

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sokolov, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The irony. You realize I am just using DJ speak right? I love that you like calling me out for simply mimicing the way he talks.

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

It felt like your tone to me, dude. Maybe you should work on your DJ impression.

DarkJello likes this.
  3. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Speaking of straw person arguments...

Must be a tactic on your part, cause there is no way you really believe "conservatives" fit into that tiny little box. What is, in your opinion, a "conservative"?

4. Sokolov

Wow.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Lmao

Yeah right wing hasn't been anti russia and trickle down economics for the last decades. Maybe not all of them, but in general? Hell yeah.

6. Sokolov

No no, you can't do that. You generalized! Conservatives are unique snowflakes, each with their own POV, carefully curated after years of study and gathering information.

Liberals tho, those guys are all the same. So feel free to generalize them.

BurnPyro likes this.
  7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

guys

c h i l l

BurnPyro likes this.
  8. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I'm confused... don't you, everyone who seems to lean the same side as you, speak of liberals in a similar manner? You're both pretty homogeneous groups, outside looking in. Now Republicans and Democrats? all over the place.

Edit: I'd also like to note the republicans/conservatives whatever you identify as, on this forum, are pretty big hypocrites.

9. DarkJello

Correction: Lots of big hypocrites on each end/portion of the political spectrum.

super71 and SPiEkY like this.
  10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Yep, definitely nap time for lil' baby Sok.

11. Sokolov

OK DAD

12. Sokolov

We have now moved onto the "belittle/insult/put downs" part of the Conservative playbook.

13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

If you're gonna act like a child, I'm gonna talk to you like one.

14. KingJad

I'm well aware that there are those in the big boy world

15. Sokolov

That's exactly how I feel about you two right now, actually. I even showed you a mirror to show you how you are acting, and you still didn't get it.

16. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Well, at least we feel the same way.

17. DarkJello

Calls out a "conservative" for being rude, but forgets to criticize anyone closer to his side of the debate that is ALSO being rude. SMH.

18. KingJad

So anyway, has anything he said when he generalized you into that group untrue? Did your mind change or were you never on those sides of the issues when Trump came into play.

BurnPyro likes this.
  19. KingJad

I'm more right leaning than left. You're just full of Bane Shift and it's kind of annoying. Rather have Trump than Hillary that's for sure. Kinda hard to support Hillary being that she literally got off free when if anyone in the military would have done that we would have been hung.

20. Sokolov

First, I'd say that I disagree it should have been easy for Democrats to win. I have always said this was the Republicans to lose just based on historical context.

What concerns me is:
    • We, the public, don't know the extent of the hacks - we know what got leaked
    • Many US intelligence agencies are saying something happened - they might disagree somewhat on who really pulled the strings, but there's been no disagreement that something happened
    • There are potentially numerous ties to Russia, both with Trump himself, his businesses/associations, and his cabinet
    • Trump's reaction to a potential national security breach
    • Trump supporter's reactions to a national security breach
    I feel like, if the context of the situation was different, the right would be very up in arms, instead, they are basically saying the CIA and others don't know what they are doing, or are lying.

DarkJello, KingJad and BurnPyro like this.