Can't beat the daily skirmish

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fleshbits, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Fleshbits

Fleshbits Member

Last two of them have been of type "Spawn a crap ton of unit X"
    Today's is Goblin Brute.

It's not the unit that I have trouble with per se, but the AI gets 2x as many as I do. I can't beat it with any deck I have. I run out of units.

I tried littering the ground with lava, but that didn't work.

What are you supposed to do in these?

2. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Kill the shrine as the focus. Same with the sunderpedes.

3. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

The trick is to ignore them. If you have Grimlic's Bane, you can include it x2 in your BG (can have any runes in skirmishes) to deal 30 global magic damge to brutes. (it deals 15 to target and all targets that are the same)

Feel free to PM me if you don't have them and I'll hook you up with a pair of them.

4. Fleshbits

Fleshbits Member

5. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Use the forging build I showed you for quick wins.

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Refute is your friend. Puts their entire deck on CD.

darklord48 likes this.
  7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I use Serpentor Ardent, which has Fearsome Hunter on it. Use Temple of Brutality to your advantage. Get kills with the Fearsome Hunter champ and nothing can attack it. Since the Serpentor Ardent also has Violent, after a few attacks it will kill the Brutes in one hit, and due to Zeal: Speed, it will almost always attack twice per round.

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

who said the daily skirmish was designed to be beaten in the first place?(might have to just take a loss and move on)

9. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

I don't use anything special. I just ignore the champs and go for the shrine.

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

that's a very ichigo like strategy, very direct. Unlike other strategies that don't even involve the opponents shrine for nearly the entire length of the game.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  11. Fleshbits

Fleshbits Member

If you notice the screenshot further up the thread, you'll see that I tried "nothing special go for shrine" and it doesn't work at all. So, one can only assume there actually is something at least a little special, even if it is better cards in general.

12. Fleshbits

Fleshbits Member

13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Battle Leader laughs at those dailies.

14. ChooJeremy

ChooJeremy Devotee of the Blood Owl

:NotLikeThis:

You don't rush the shrine by just throwing random units there and attempting to reach it, even the AI isn't dumb enough to just move out of the way and let you stroll to his shrine. You have to use stealth. Hide your units, and when their next to the shrine, hold them until you get as many stealth units there as possible. Then, "surprise" the AI by revealing your units and attacking the shrine.

You'll win skirmish battles this way, easily. Wanted, sunderpedes, replicating skeletons, etc all fall easily as long as you know how to navigate the battlefield, avoid detection, and identify units with auras.

Coalition of forglar has 2 units with stealth, can get a third with the equip, and also has the cannon relic that ignores shrine defense.
    K'thir forest has 4 units with stealth, and also a bard with reverie that can grant your stealth units all the way across the map with 2AP and +1 damage. It's Nature's Wrath spell also does 5 damage to the shrine.

On the topic of swarmers:
    Coalition of forglar has a unit with sentinel and flanking. Position it appropriately and you'll completely destroy the enemy.
    Winter's Grip has great spells that deal tons of damage in an area. Grab your 50% frost amp (even easier now that Lonx Adept has frost amp instead of Surge: Lonx) and go ham with your ice storms and deep freezes. Line up your champs and the AI will follow suit, bringing value to your gale forces.

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

With regards to stealth, the AI is dumb. It will sit in a contested font trying to capture it while your stealth unit sits there. The AI won't move on to your shrine until it has that font. Keep one stealth unit contesting while the rest of them move on the shrine.