Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by PoxZuo, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

So its going to be sheoul demons and firemaw + retribution leading the charge for UD eh? Well, here's to resurrecting dead runes I say! Heck, add DEM and pauldrons for more lol play
    Hey kids, get your deep leviathans ready. smoke 'em if you got 'em!

2. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

So did firemaw get limited to 1 because it's a named rune, has a lot of abilities or just by coincidence?

3. Saka

Saka The King of Potatoes

Lol what strong logic, I will stop replying to you now

4. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

I bet you severely damaged his feelings with your superior ability to say stuff about things in a specific way.

On Topic:

DoGz be revamping the game. It is dead if they don't go radical. Many will whine and complain no matter what steps they take. Some peeps aint never satisfied. Ever. They got some of my treasure, and will get more in 4-5 days. They will fail or succeed. I don't know which. Just glad they are busting it up cause this game be legit. Savvy?

5. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

"Next week will be a post discussing the updates to racial abilities!"

Just curious but does this mean you will be doing a larger scale redesign with runes in themes with racials/class abilities to offeset dependence on a racial for unity or power or even the whole theme existing?

6. Saka

Saka The King of Potatoes

Feel dirty to have to explain this, but seems like DarkJello is a troll too, i'll feed.

They were doing the action of 'addressing the issue' of accessibility by introducing the shard system revamp and new gold system. They failed when they input unrealistic numbers which are easily detected by simple maths anyone can do in under 2 minutes. They failed. No excuse.

Now that I've fed 2 trolls I'm outta here to take my cleansing shower, bye.

7. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

^^^In your opinion. Subjective.

I also agree that more accessibility is needed. Time will tell if they "failed" as you claim. Toodles for now.

8. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Wait.... am I being called a troll? Weird, that's never happened before. Is that a form of trolling? I'm not very familiar with these internet culture things. I will admit I don't fully even understand what trolling is. Help me out @DarkJello .

More on point, I'm sure these things will get looked at again. So far the new devs have been quite responsive to complaints from the community, particularly when they are expressed by a bunch of people, which this problem certainly has been.

DarkJello likes this.
  9. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

They've been a bit more responsive to the price of boxes than they have been to concerns about the f2p system.

10. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

True although I'm withholding my frustration and anger until they've had more time to get the game on its feet.

11. maasieboy

maasieboy New Member

Wouldn't it be easier and more intuitive if the nora prices on upgradable abilities dynamically changed to show the price difference with the current nora costs?
    For example, when you've chosen Death Nova: Lava (3) for the Firemaw, the costs would be: Lava Storm +7 and Death Nova: Lava (4) +4; and when you pick Death Nova: Lava (4) the costs would change to Death Nova: Lava (3) -3 and Lava Storm +4.
    That way you immediately see how the nora-price changes instead of first having to correct the price for the currently chosen upgrade and then adding the price for the upgrade you want. Or is that too complex to program at this moment?

12. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

People you should totally have on ignore: Saka, Ragic. Saka is the most shtupid troll around the forums.

13. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

That's how it is. You can tell if you look at the animation and compare the prices to the actual prices listed in the text below.

14. Ragic

Seriously though, I think the reason why you guys simply aren't seeing the problem with the f2p system is that you have all of the basic runes already. Everyone in this thread has 2 lich kings in their collections im sure. Well wait, that's not true. Any new player doesn't have them. And I don't have them. Under SOE, they cost 4000 gold. I could farm that in 2 days easily if not in a single day. Now? I have to farm gold for 4 days to buy a single pack. The chance of pulling a lich king in it is very low. The chance of pulling a rare in it that can be traded for a lich king at pox box is nill. the shard value of that entire pack doesn't come close the shard price of a lich king. I hope this example illustrates just how much harder the game has become for f2p players. You may or may not care, but there is no denying accessibility for NEW players has gotten a lot worse.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  15. Boozha

A pack is 3500 gold, thats 2 days or 3 if you don't like farming campaigns.

16. Ragic

and in that pack I get 6 commons, 2 uncommons, and a rare. 20 shards. price of lich king 250 shards. so even if you get a pack every 2 days it will take a minimum of 13 days to craft a lich king. Under SOE I made a full lich deck starting with 0 gold in a month and a half (using the goldstore and poxbox). serkan, 2x lich kings, 2x dark knights, 2x draco liches, 1x banner, 1x dom, 1x tomb, 2x mobi, 1x vendetta, and the rest lower rarity. How long do you think it would take to make that kind of deck now?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  17. Boozha

About three weeks if you get lucky with the box you can effortlessly farm in that time, about one and a half months if you don't get so lucky, more if your luck sucks balls. Unlikely though.

18. Ragic

a box is 10 packs. so that's 240 shards (with the 1 exotic) Lets say you got 1 exotic in every pack.. that's 600 shards. Not even half of the price of the runes I listed. I don't know what kind of luck you think new players should be relying on, but it isn't realistic.

19. Boozha

All of the runes but vendetta are old and thus cheap on poxbox. FORGING your runes is plain idiotic when PoxBox underbids you on EVERY trade, and on high stock trades by orders of magnitude. If you just get a K'Ento, Sixul or Snogvie you can get all that and more. Same for some other high value legendaries, and you'll probably get some exotics too if you aren't lucky on the legs.

20. Ragic

IF you get a legendary. A pretty big let down after a month and a half of grinding if you don't. And that's a horrible system even if you do pull a legendary. Youre still being forced to trade. A good f2p model is supposed to get new players into the game quickly. Not force them to trade with the sharks. Once again, the pox devs are crutching on a 3rd party store to make their game work? How well did it work under SOE? They should be emulating the f2p models of more popular games. In Hearthstone, I don't have to grind for a month and half to make a decent deck. In that game I'm opening a pack a day and improving my decks all the time. Daily progression. That's what is needed to get new players hooked. imo.