Hidden themes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gnomes, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

Umm.. maybe it wasn't clear what I meant. Punish etc. would just be a sub-module you might use with leftover champ slots.

Suppose you have 2 rebuke champs and 2 spark charge champs out. One horn of order lets you drive every enemy nearby. Each drive does 16 electricity dmg plus 2 loss of life. If you get 3 rebuke champs out it is 28+2 dmg per drive.

They only gain one AP so punishing aura / punish won't do much. It's not an AP denial theme.

SPiEkY likes this.
  2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Quite the opposite, punish and punishing aura would do even better. You drive and invig (dealing dmg through rebuke) then punishing aura/punish would do even more damage.

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Oh, god, that just sounds mean.

MaruXV likes this.
  4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

We talking competitive or just fun stuff ?

ud/k'thir damaging relic bg with a couple stealth champs
    k'thir/st verdant promise + mosharn + k'ento sentinel and defensive strike
    sp/fw ritual bg
    is/k'thir combined arms bg focused around rangers, archers, warriors

improve range with grintmaw bouncer, shieldman for shroud + flanking, hoplite for enduring aura and defensive strike, barb guardian for relocate + nexus aura + damage with protection, arrowsinger + horn of k'thir, bow mage for different damage + aim, prodigy for blindfire + aoe

It takes a while to set up but I always have fun playing it.

k'thir vegetation bg built around vine whip, living vines, fascinate split with fw, and fs split with mystic whirlpool/ foul mushroom

Haven't had much luck with this but it's enjoyable.

I have about 60 more bgs like this but they are all pretty goofy

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  5. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Fun stuff

6. moodudu

moodudu Member

ST - Lonx Girls In Their Underwear
    KF - Purest Yuri Elves (I ship Civilized Wilderkin and Deadly Tracker.)
    UD or UD/FW - Demonymphos With Needs (Depends on how scary you're willing to go with it.)
    SP - 29 Moga and 1 Feshcaller Mika
    IS - Sweaty Dwarven Maidens

7. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I am trying out a KF/UD Blind deck. KF's Angel is actually pretty nasty in combo with Eye For An Eye. The angel self heals and self cleanses the negative effects of the spell, leaving an opposing champion blind until cleansed. There are also a number of elves theat have blinds to support the theme and, being elves, you can use Nefari Ressurection as a theme booster. Factions with easy cleanse can really put a damper on things, though.

Tweek516 likes this.
  8. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

FW/FS Wizards
    FW/FS Jellebrium Wizards
    IS/KF Nexus Aura stuff
    UD/KF Deep elves/archers/rangers
    FW/SP Witches or Witches+vampyres

9. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

FW/KF wizards are legit too

10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

UD/SP ZOALT! Alt-Damage Jamboree

darklord48 likes this.
  11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

fs sp 140hp zoalt with magnify beast and bubble

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I played vs a "manic" bg yesterday, was UD/FS i think, he used tortun fishkisser, deep elf fanatic, some other deep elfs i dont even remember and Jyx. I took a ton of free hits.

His bg was well built, all his strategys were about closing the gap to profit from manic. I lost that one.

13. moodudu

moodudu Member

It is really fun. Have to step your game up and learn manic pathing, though. In particular the times when you want to target one of your opponent's doods but your manic dood is two spaces away from two or more enemies. (Think it targets the one brought into play first, as you'd expect?) Or when manic pathing crosses each other. Or manic pathing around 2x2 units. Really teaches you a lot about how the game works, especially if you're new.

I ran a UD/IS build. Deep Elf Fanatic and Avarice and Brutality Barbarian. Then I threw in Granite Bracers for more free attacks. And then threw in a bunch of doods with Impatient, and Wildeye Bracers, so their AP would fill up from all the free off-turn attacks. I guess Jyx would have worked in it too, but I didn't get him until the Christmas packs. :cool:

Kampel likes this.
  14. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Currently Im doing an is/ud damage immunity deck. Is for all the physical immune and granite bracers/impervious or whatever that spell is called. Then ud for the arrow eaters/absorb with acrid smoke and some other handy spells