Hidden themes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gnomes, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

What are all of the hidden themes that you can find?

We all know of...kanen, Elementals(ST) worms... those are obvious because of their passive, but what are some hidden themes that are not as easily thought of?

For example, SL/UD Fire/acid, arthropods... many arthropods of SL/UD have fire attack or acid attack and would work in such a bg that works with dragon skull. But also many have creep and crawl for the arthropod theme.

Tweek516 likes this.
  2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

@MaruXV had some cool collective posion bg s and collective zombies and stuff

MaruXV likes this.
  3. Slencer

Slencer The King of Potatoes

Hmm there are surely some more but currently I can only think about these :
    Sp/UD deep wounds
    St/FW skellies
    UD/KF blind
    FS/SP knockback
    IS/SP electricity

4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

If you need a strange bg that seems cool but eventually just doesnt happen to get working, you are welcome into my domain. I'm strangely attracted to highlanderish split collective bgs... but i caa give you lists for

- SP/ST unleash yetis ( yetis with unleash and call of the tundra, beasts, SotM with mirrored)
    - FW/ST frost amp skellies (with darkrising-snowball combo, just posted one into split faction forum)
    - FS/UD Firks psy amp
    - FS/ST collective monks focused on KB
    - KF/UD elven archers
    - FS/KF collective rangers
    - KF/FS plants
    - KF/FS poison plants
    - KF/FS collective archers
    - FS poison collective
    - FS/FW zombie collective
    - FS/SP collective utility with identity crisis
    - KF/UD wizards magic amp
    - KF/SP Vashals/beasts
    - ST adaptive
    - KF/IS centaurs

i particularly love the FS/UD firks bg cause i find it quite well build. Almost all units are firks/FS so i can effectively use banner. so almost all spells are UD, and my only 2 non FS units are UD doomballs that get advantage from adaptive of the UD spell spam. Also being split bg gives me access to Argol, that with a firk mask alone gives 30% psy amp, and still can play Sixul who isnt a hero. something like this

cthu.png

i forgot i play also salaam who is immune to psy so he get healed from superiority on firks

i'm also playing almost the same module for FS/IS salamans, with almost all salaman champs + FS banner and IS equips + armory. Also access to the salaman manic hero and ambassador berchani.

Same module again for KF/IS centaurs.

i find the module " all champs from 1 faction + banner and all spells/equips from another faction " quite nice.

Goyo, Gnomes, Kampel and 1 other person like this.
  5. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Capture.PNG

Awaken brood works on all "Egg" relics... this includes spider hatchlings, and myx pupae... its nice to give your broodmoms a sudden plus 12 dmg from 12 eggs being hatched all at once.

MaruXV, SPiEkY and Tweek516 like this.
  6. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Beset helps all of the UD fliers get in range of fights. prettymuch gives all your champs pounce Capture.PNG

MaruXV likes this.
  7. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Misfire bg:

2x Gattling Gun, 2x Draksar Fabricator, 2x Valdaci Bolter, 2x Skeezick Machinist and add 2x Lasher Helms and you can tickle everything to death! (this bg has serious weaknesses.)

MaruXV likes this.
  8. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Eggs are #1 on the list of "Decks that I really wish worked properly"

The problem with hatching season is that you're entirely at the mercy of the random distribution of eggs. Enemy champs can usually just walk away from them.

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

IS/SL equip/antiequip/constructs
    IS/SP Constructs
    SL/FW dragons

10. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

Whats this collective stuff you are talking about?
    FS? Which runes?

11. Tweek516

The collective, an FS relic.

voodoov likes this.
  12. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Great thread.

Tweek516 likes this.
  13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Cheap Meat (RIP)

Now there was a real theme -- none of this lame hybrid stuff.

14. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

There's AP damage. A few splits could do it, I've used FS/FW.
    - Rebuke + Spark Charge + Invigorate/Drive
    - Top up with either Punishing Aura or Punish champs

Gnomes likes this.
  15. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

SL/UD AP Denial+Cull (thunderclops + punish + cull makes for a really nice combo)

16. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i think that works better in FW/SP because you have access to more punishing auras (mangled totem too) and also you can run steal life and cull champs to punish if they stay at 0 ap

17. Tweek516

But horn of order is really nice.

IronStylus likes this.
  18. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

Yeah, this is meant to be more about damage on your turn rather than being AP denial (which would be a different BG entirely). So Rebuke and Drive more important than Punishing Aura.

19. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

indeed, but i dont know if its worth renouncing to 4x mangled totem and 4x punishing aura for it...you have invigorate and drive also in FW with cleric of unrest. not on the spot, so its easier to counterplay it, but still...

20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

As denial is better done with SL/SP. SL has numerous ranged punish champs as well as Indignation for spot Cull.