Announcement: Walkthru Decks and Theme Decks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

For the UD bgs.
    "The demon lord"
    A Max BG as far as I can tell
    1) Remove Grimlic, even after you allow 2 heros you don't want to run 2 very expensive units in UD ( the 3rd missing deck could include grimlic and be a deep-elf deck or fire BG)
    2) Reaver doesn't fit in this BG, Imp alchemist would suit the BG better.
    3) I'd take out the maddening echo for a superiority, it is a demon bg after-all.
    4) the BG is running both mindslicer boomerang and orb of protection, 2 runes that counter eachother. I'd remove the orb.
    5) it should be noted that Masochism counters boomerang as well, and masochism also counters spilt personality. The difference is unlike orb you can correctly play around this interesting mechanics by not overlapping.
    6) i'd also take out the fireblast for a 2nd superiority, but not really that important of a change.
    7) i'd take out 1-2 demonshields for a split personality. New players struggle a lot to even know this rune exists.

Minotaurs.
    1) i'd probably replace the flamecrusher with a 2nd thunderhoof, but I suppose its not that big a deal.
    2) Minos do not need fading recollection, it can be replaced with more kill potential (Mindslicer boomerangs is huge in such a early game bg)
    3) I dare say i'd simply take out the shatter for a 2nd sacrifice, minos are in the front run always ready to die, a 2nd sacrifice can be very handy with such a BG.

These are the most general changes I would make without trying to impose my personal playstyle or biases for what I would play myself.

2. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Holy blade of valdac in ironfist inquisition is not colored to be exotic.

Elit blade is a rare in watchers of the forest

Etherielin likes this.
  3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

We are mostly concerned with Champion rarity really.

4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I'll go over all the BGs in the evening as I'm studying for an oral exam about oscilloscope right now.

5. Sokolov

Thanks for the notes.

Grimlic is most likely moving to Deck B in either case, since that's looking like it'll be a Fire deck, but one of things we wanted to do here in the base deck was actually to a bit of variety and lead the player down into multiple deck paths if possible, thus some of them are a bit mish mashy and often features multiple "high visibility" runes like Heroes.

6. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

If going for high visibility i'd definitely advise vothsair ireguard, some of the coolest art in the game.

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. Sokolov

Good idea.

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Also one of the most useful champs for doing the single player campaigns.

Kampel and SPiEkY like this.
  9. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Pls, the SL bg runes are not colored by rarity, my OCD is killing me

10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Does this make you feel better?

DiCEM0nEY, Gaedel, 19madfox95 and 2 others like this.
  11. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

aseryen, DiCEM0nEY, Gaedel and 2 others like this.
  12. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

This is a great idea! Can't wait for the PS4 release!!!

13. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

So, are players basically being given free runes ? I don't understand how this is going to work. Won't it destroy the market? Are these tradeable? What will stop making a new account just to give them to an alt (which is far too easy rn with ranked rewards BTW). Are you guys a business, or should I expect a tax break for my donations? Alot of questions.

Edit: people will make an account, beat the walkthru, and shard, buy runes, and xfer. Don't make walk-through bgs modifiable. Also limit ranked rewards to shards per win and gold, the current system is easy to abuse for smurfs (I'm pretty sure it is at least)

Edit: that skeleton deck isn't nearly as good as the one I posted on the forums. Looks fun to try though. Remove bonewing, he is shoeboxed. Add bca. Remove death harvester, add another sac altar. Remove essense drain, add altar of bones.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  14. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

The walk-thrus are NOT trade-able or shard-able.
    The theme decks are trade-able and shard-able BUT cost gold or credits.
    Please read before posting.. =)

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  15. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I read the attached document after and figured that out.

16. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

This is looking good. Support.

The issue that I thought was frustrating about the 1st theme decks was it was not obvious what you where getting. upload_2017-2-8_0-42-50.png
    I want to be able to hover my mouse, or click on the deck, to view it's contents before I perches.

What is the character limit for the theme deck descriptions? The community could probably crank some out.

guokamoli54, Morfeas, aseryen and 2 others like this.
  17. Bravesteel

Bravesteel Member

I'd like to echo OriginalG1 and say that the contents of the Theme Decks aren't very clear. I would also suggest that the title of the deck read: K'Thir Forest Theme Deck: Elven Valor and Shattered Peaks Theme Deck: Winged Terror etc.

voodoov and OriginalG1 like this.
  18. rheinhart

rheinhart I need me some PIE!

Are the current theme decks gonna exist with the new ones added as I use them for shards. I found the megabox tends to suck on rng and not worth the 34k gold I spend on them tbh.Also like others stated you should make it more clear whats inside the theme decks kinda like how you did with public decks their was a button to press to check the decks contents.

19. Bravesteel

Bravesteel Member

I would have to agree with this statement.