Relics sitting behind shrines

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Feb 23, 2017.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I have accepted that were gonna have relics that have global affects, but can we at least make it so they aren't almost entirely hidden by our shrines ? Can we maybe make the shrines see thru or something, it sucks when I didn't see that skull of decay cause you can only see a sliver of it.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

There's a little global effects tab in the top left corner of the game screen, listing what global effects are currently in play. I'd recommend checking it more often.

3. super71

I should check it more often, but I think making the shrines invisible when your trying to see behind them would be pretty helpful and not too difficult.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

nothing is worse then when a player deploys a champion with stealth terrain ability and some how they end their turn right at the deployment. You do not get the visual effect of shadow spawn champ, and unless you watch the combat log like a hawk, you have no idea that their is anything stealthed at all.

It is a dirty, dirty, trick and I call someone out when ever I catch them doing it. I think it is a command some player must use to deploy champ then end turn immediately. People that are really slick at it, you will not even see the deployment anywhere but the combat log, even if you staring their deployment zones.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I call that playing smart.

players are under no obligation to telegraph their moves to their opponents and if they choose not to watch the logs then tough on them.

all said and done never seen shadow spawns effect not trigger, but hidden units I always deploy right before i end turn, not to really hide that I deployed them but so they can't see their stats and what not, in which case might cause pressure on their turns to look them up in the check list, or confuse them if they have no idea what they do.

pay attention to the game, check the symbols for global effects, listen for sound effects, and you should never miss a relic deploy, but just check that location out of habit like I do.

SPiEkY and Tweek516 like this.
  6. OriginalG1

their is deploying and ending turn, but there is this other way where you literately have no indication other then the combat log. I have not seen it in a while, but it is differe... errrr, faster then what you can do by dragging a dropping a champion then hitting end turn. There is sound champions make when deployed and this mechanic is done so fast that the champion deployment sound dose not trigger before the turn is over.

If I am multitasking, I rely on the audio ques a great deal.

7. OriginalG1

It has been a part of game for while. Not saying it is not fair, it is just dirty, and I do not like it. I hate when I am watching a new player vs someone and they are crutching on this tactic.

8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

or just use the thing that tells you when theres global effects in play.

9. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Like @calisk said just playing smart. Unless its a bug you should use every mechanic to try to optimise your play, the same way you cast breath of lusara a second before you run out of time and stuff.

10. super71

I understand the need to check the global affects, I probably should have but it would make it slightly less annoying if I could see the relic on the map. I don't believe it would be to difficult to enable such a thing.

11. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Probably would require alot of work due to spaghetti code.

12. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

You're still allowed to ask for quality of life fixes, but they might not be approved depending on the designers' game judgement.

I asked (likely among others) for a notification when shadowspawn triggers, since I didn't want to be stuck to the computer with the log open all the time (for example, if I wanted to chat with my opponent). I was pleased when it went into effect,though I'm not sure if it's still in effect today.

I also got fooled by the "relic behind the shrine" once, but keeping the game effects tab open is a reasonable solution.

13. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I get what you want, but there is no need the icons exist. Please look in the left hand corner of the screen for status icons next time. You have been reminded. Not much else that can be done. Invent something like /saxy command but call it /captainobvious and it plays a "durrrrrrrrr!" sound over and over again as a small animated hand with a pointer finger points at the status icons in the corner of the screen.

[​IMG] [​IMG]