The Pox Nora Spotlight. This week presenting: TinyDragon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BansheeX, Apr 28, 2014.

1. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

Another weekend has passed and it is once again time for a new Spotlight.
    This week a true legend of the game has graciously agreed to participate and I humbly give to you: TinyDragon.

Name:
    Ngoc/TinyDragon.
    I chose this screenname because I like it (lol jk). I was born in Dragon year based on Eastern zodiac so most of my accounts in many games are related to this.

Sales Manager in an electronics company.

How did you come across Pox Nora:
    I saw a Pox banner while playing a game in Garena Client. I've always been in love with Turn- based strategy games since I was young. I also tried most of those games with the same style but in the end Pox is still the best.

How long have you played:
    About 7 years.

Favorite Faction & why:
    I don't really have any favorite faction because I always aim to play well with all or almost everything. Playing many factions also help me gain a lot of experience and understand better their powers and weaknesses. That is one of the reasons which brings me to the top. At the moment I choose UD because I find it fun with realocation. To be able to abuse this you need to deeply understand how the realocation and knockback systems work. Believe me, it's not easy but very interesting.

What is your secret to being as good at the games as you are?
    As shared in an interview(one the old forum), I became a chessmaster when I won the country's chess championship at age 13. Then I moved to the UK for undergraduate and had to quit it. I just consider pox as a replacement, but to be honest pox is much more fun.

What other games do you play besides Pox Nora:
    DotA. I spend most of the spare time to Pox and DotA.

Favorite part of Pox Nora and why:
    The community and you all know why :)

What is your best tip to give to new players:
    There is no best play, only better play. Play well and you will have every rune in the game. I myself got donated and loaned a lot of runes so don't be sad if you dont have many runes to play at the moment. I still remember the very first days with pox when I had to use slipworms against LKs and DKs. I still had more wins than losses! The key factor here is experience. I've played more than 15,000 pox games to be able to reach this level, and I believe its the same as other top players. Hopefully we will see more good players in the near future.

Any other hobbies:
    Not much to tell except swimming and jogging.

Link to the archive of former Spotlight entries and request list for future Spotlights :)
    http://forums.poxnora.desertowlgame...-nora-spotlight-archive-and-requestlist.2387/

SPiEkY, xRugolth, Dantezz and 8 others like this.
  2. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

Goddamit, I've always thought that TinyDragon was some kind of sophisticated bot.

Nice interview.

3. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

TinyAI !

4. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

So, the secret to being rank #1 is................play lots of chess?????????

5. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

So that is the reason I never made it to rank 1. I am a horrible chess player ;)

6. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

There is no secret to being number 1
    NUMBAH 1.png anyone can be number 1 case and point

7. egami

egami Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yes, there is! Every single one of those player's has the letter "A" in their name. The secret to being awesome at pox is in the speling.

8. Apostate

Apostate I need me some PIE!

@Anotherblackman
    How many people in that screenshot are still playing? Now that I think about it, I'm also wondering if Hash or Calisk will come back after this revamp.

sassquatch likes this.
  9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

how soon after a rank reset was that

borice45, Nebron and Anotherblackman like this.
  10. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Dis fool funneh.

11. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

it's a legit question, friend

12. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

I was born in the year of the Tiger. Can I change my name to DarkTiger??

Interesting read. +1. Moved to UK from where? Gracias in advance.

13. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

So I can be awesome if my speling is good?

14. TinyDragon

TinyDragon Lord of KF

15. IIReaperII

IIReaperII New Member

I never remember Tiny being this active on the forum, great to see he actually knows about this place. <3

16. TinyDragon

TinyDragon Lord of KF

lol I often read the forum but just too lazy to type anything here. This is an exception.

DarkJello and sassquatch like this.
  17. only

only Active Member

I'm surprised I'm the first to mention, but it would be a blast to hear your opinion on some balance/design related issues.

18. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

I think he doesn't really care. ;p

RedScarlet likes this.
  19. TinyDragon

TinyDragon Lord of KF

Too wide to mention so be more specific. I think DoG is going to do well with the revamp based on previews. I like the idea of changing or removing do-everything runes.
    Btw I personally expect to see something like 35- or 40-rune bg because there are too many things I want to put into my bgs atm.

Anima26 likes this.
  20. only

only Active Member

would you mind to say ~3 champions per faction you think are the best/most universal?