Heroes in splits?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nepyonisdead, May 12, 2017.

1. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

There is a rumour that heroes will no longer be FF bound and thats one of the new changes we can expect to see, does anyone have any more information on that and what do u guys think of the change

2. maxwell3094

maxwell3094 The King of Potatoes

I'm for the idea personally. I've always wanted to run Timothy in a FF zombie BG for instance and I'm sure there are plenty of other heroes that seem like they would be good fits for specific themes if not for that restriction. Sure people will probably find new ways of breaking the game if that restriction is ever removed but balance adjustments can always be made if need be.

3. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

4. nepyonisdead

Personally I think it's a very bad idea

Having vindrax and grimlic

Or juya and vindrax .... I mean we will never see full factions ever again

DiCEM0nEY and Braxzee like this.
  5. Regulate

It says above it's making split heroes into normal heroes, not normal heroes into split heroes.

I'm confused.

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Technically, but without any other change that would mean they couldn't be run in Splits so that's really the question. Will Heroes be FF only or both?

This is current thinking:
    • Hero: This champion has Iron Will and Fearless. <Some non-stackable benefit for the faction of the Hero>
      • Example: When this champion is deployed, the next friendly champion you deploy from the runedock that share a Faction with this champion gains X.
      • The goal of this is to give the Hero some distinct advantage and provide them with a thematic way to "lead" the faction
      • Do we keep the "FF" clause?
    • Split Hero ability is removed and replaced by Hero
    • Each Hero will have a limit of 1 and you can run as many Hero champions in your deck as you want, as long as each is limited to 1
      • The other option was all Heroes in the same rune group, but limit of 2
    • Also considering adding Hero to the other "named" characters that are not currently Heroes:
      • Sixul
      • General Korsien
      • Coragh
      • Mairdreth of the Rot
      • Zedin
      • De'lim
      • Queen Anaru
      • etc.
    This isn't definitely going live or anything and certainly isn't going to make it into the patch for PS4.

Durand and aseryen like this.
  7. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

I would like to see heroes stay in FF. It will also allow the hero ability to be added to champs that are not heroes right now, that are problems in split factions but not over powered in their own FF. Example Ferren Snowspinner was never really complained about until she was split into SL. There are others out there that are like that. Running a hero should be limit to one. Having to Juyas in a BG is kind of cheesy

8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I think this would be a good place to address the issue actually. Get the entire communities opinions.

1. Everyones opinion on allowing the currently full faction heroes to be played in split faction decks.

2. Thoughts on being able to only run so many heroes with the condition that you can run multiple of the same hero. Vs can run as many heroes as you like but can only run 1 of each.

sock of love maybe the split hero ability should continue to exist but change its description to mention that it is a hero unit that CAN be used in splits, instead of CAN ONLY be used in splits

aseryen likes this.
  9. Braxzee

running Vinny with Juya and some strig giving Vinny ultimate defense and further damage output would be funny. Next play would be calming tail winds and destroy their shrine next round.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  10. nepyonisdead

Hahah we aren't even trying to come up with combos

They are self evident xD

11. Sokolov

We could, and there are other things "softer" limitations (for example, increasing cost of runes that don't share a faction).

12. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I'd like a limit on heroes.

But heroes that are currently FF definitely should not be allowed to run in split bgs.

Split hero (the ability) should allow you to run in either FF or split.

My opinion on how it should be done.

Kampel and nepyonisdead like this.
  13. Sokolov

What I want to do is avoid having 2 separate "hero" abilities.

14. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Not gonna lie, I wanna be able to run Tremir and Mangleshell together in my tortuns

Kampel likes this.
  15. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I really don't like the idea of stuff like menulaus and grimlic in the same BG though, its so anti flavour.

EDIT: Well, I guess this might be avoided with the limit actually. But my point still stands - heroes are so devoted to their factions (lore wise) that them working with other factions (especially prot heroes with wrath factions) doesn't make much sense.

Kampel, Etherielin, SPiEkY and 2 others like this.
  16. Braxzee

I do think split heroes should be able to be ran in either faction as a FF. Especially Torts being very themed.

17. nepyonisdead

I could accept that :) lets do it gradually, Splits in FF first and then if that turns out to be fine and balanced we could proceed but there is no point in changing something that has been staple in this game for as long as I can remember.

Braxzee likes this.
  18. Braxzee

Maybe Split heroes can only be ran in FF or their split factions only

19. Regulate

Current FF heroes should remain FF only. I think anything else would be a huge mistake.

Why not just "rebrand" split hero with a different ability name, then make it so you can run multiple split heroes (limit 2 or 3) in 1 split bg?

I mean, is there really any problem with their being a "Hero" ability and a "Renegade" ability, for example? How much of the problem is that they both literally contain the word hero?

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    Kampel likes this.
  20. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

I feel like in some cases it would be really nice to have heroes in splits, but that would be outweighed by the fact that other heroes would just break games. I can see an IS/SL deck just deploy 6 heroes in a row.
    Also, don't hero and split hero give cost reductions for the limitations they impose, Or did that get changed?