New client doesn't seem to bad actually

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, May 24, 2017.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I like that you finally show the nora numbers above fonts, and I like that all the numbers are super big although I don't like that they disappear so quickly. My only problem with the new client is obviously the bugs which happen with every game, but the combat screen and the ability screen down below looks awful.

Also when you drop lava storm, the animation drops in the middle of the screen and not where you dropped it on enemy units.

Movement seems so fast that it almost looks like you lagged and the game's trying to catch up.

Really loving being able to see my nora gen per turn that's an awesome improvement and much needed. I also enjoy the numbers popping up above my shrine letting me know specifically how much nora i'm making, although I wish it stayed a little longer. Picking up nora globes and it showing the amount is also pretty amazing, again wish it stayed up a bit longer and you could check how much it's worth before you pick it up.

Other than that, I rather enjoy the new client so far and am looking forward to future patches and bug fixes and most importantly new players.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
    aseryen likes this.
  2. super71

Not a huge fan of where the equips are in the champ screen, I didn't even realize my champ was equipped until I heard the equip sound on the computers turn. This might not be so much a bad thing as it is just a getting used to sorta thing.

Movement seems a bit sensitive, an option to reduce that on the computer would be nice.

This is all from a pc standpoint, i've yet to play the game on ps4.

aseryen and spineyftw like this.
  3. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Just tried it again on PC the issues I was experiencing on day 1 have been fixed and I do see a lot of potential in the new client.

I don't think any of us were expecting instant perfection, I see this as a period of beta for the new client really, in which it can be improved and bugfixed.

Visually I think it looks decent and I love that the deck manager and match history, rankings etc are now available in the client. (I haven't built a deck yet so can't comment on the functionality of the deck manager in client yet.)

There are also some good additions such as pressing escape to view full details on the champion you have selected.

Chat seems a bit buggy as does the combat log while observing but stay patient and i'm sure they'll get fixed. We are heading in the right direction!

aseryen and hfok like this.
  4. spineyftw

spineyftw I need me some PIE!

Movement is a major issue for me. Like you said, it's stupidly fast. Not only that, previewing where you're trying to move doesn't even work half the time. Sometimes you can't even travel on impeded surfaces. Movement is even worse with 2x2 units.

Another issue I have is previewing runes. When you click runes in your dock it no longer shows a preview in bottom corner. You have to either right click it in order to bring up the gigantic menu that covers the whole screen or drag the rune into a stop where you can't deploy it. Steps backwards, guys..

My biggest issue is the fact that click stuff doesn't work 50% of the time. I find myself clicking things over and over again before they work. Since the hotkeys don't really work we have to manually click attack and then the enemy that we're trying to perform the action on. Why does the red indicator under the champ disappear? Why does clicking attack not even work 50% of the time?

The zoom is also a problem for me. It not only makes the graphics look oddly distorted, but also limits your field of view. Because the field of view is smaller, I'm forced to using the arrow keys to move the screen more often. For some strange reason using the arrow keys to move the screen results is super choppy. These weren't issues in the old client. Again, steps backwards.

And ffs..please give us an option to disable the camera pan on tutorials.

I understand why we're getting a new client. The menus are fairly clean in terms of visuals. Some of the in game features like seeing the nora gen, globes, etc. are fantastic. However, it's just not playable right now. I don't understand how anyone could release a product like this. I'm blown away by it. Glitches are expected but this is just next level. It's worrying to be completely honest.

maxwell3094, Durand and Regulate like this.
  5. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

They had to solve moment like that, fast as hell, takes a bit to get used to it. (and if the add the visual combat log it will solve alot and help players)
    about the map problem, do you have the grid (GG) activated? double G for those extra symbols? because i have never had that problem so just curious?
    noticed in some games my clients hotkeys did stop work, restarted and they work again, dont think they have created all hotkeys yet, there is a list of working ones, but 1-9 for actions, [ ] for toggling champs, double-A for attacking(no idea why doubletap A though...)
    [ ] dont work on swedish keyboard layouts though, but i think i had to use åö instead :)

its a bug in tutorials, it shouldnt be a camera pan, but i agree its really annoying.

6. super71

My post was mostly positive lol and the thread title is new client isn't that bad.

7. super71

Mass sharder

Ability list

My other two things I'd really like to see sooner rather than later.

8. super71

Yeah I feel you on the clicking stuff, I also miss my red indicator of the unit I'm attacking. They are ironing out the bugs though, I mean before all the patches and dlc for civ 5 it was a major step back in terms of gameplay and everything else involved.

Just wish that more of the pc community would have actually play tested the new client instead of just complaining now that it's out and certain things are broken. We had time to use the new client, and yet none of us really did, so they couldn't get the feedback required.

spineyftw likes this.
  9. spineyftw

I get that, but was feedback really necessary to realize how bad the game played? I played the beta, and the client on opening day was equally as bad.

I will say that I have seen improvements over the past few days. It seems to be slightly more responsive in terms of clicking, which was my biggest issue. There is still a lot of work to be done.

10. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

the new client does feel bad, have you played a game that came out after 1990 recently?

11. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

I'm having more than 30 issues with it right now, ranging from trivial to unplayable. Will try to make a list of them eventually, but I hope they get fixed before I have to do that.
    Also, the in-game UI looks impossibly bad - from colors, to shapes, to placement, to fonts, to literally everything. I'd love to have a couple of words with the artist who designed that.

DiCEM0nEY and aseryen like this.
  12. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

I really like it how it now shows the platform of the player instead of the faction that they use. Because knowing if they play on the PS4 or PC is the important part when you pick out a game to observe.
    I also find it positive how the devs didn't bother to alter the PC version in the slightest. I find the useless gamepad shortcut buttons being all over the client really refreshing. And yes I know that programming is tough and making a query for which client is being used to load in different buttons if the PC client is run is really hard. This is certainly the kind of treatment that the PC playerbase deserves for possibly sticking with this game for so long.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    DiCEM0nEY, aseryen, SPiEkY and 2 others like this.
  13. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Like @Moles1909 stated, most of the issues I was experiencing on day 1 have been taken care of.

It has been some time since we've gotten anything major but I was always pleased with DOGs released content (even if I didn't outright agree with every single decision, who does) and if we can expect these kind of fixes I see Pox only getting better in the months/years to come.

I think that when Pox is released for Vita if there are any problems with that launch it will be handled very quickly.

14. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Agreed there are some quality improvements that need to be fixed. Most of the structure is in place imo.

Visually there needs more attention to detail, I can see it was given for PSN players so at least we can expect that kind of eye for when the UI gets updated for PC players.

There are some graphics displayed with poor quality which needs to get fixed but again I think most of the structure is in place. Graphics would be the final face lift the client needs.

All in all I'm enjoying the new client and will play the features that work since I know not everything works rn.

15. spineyftw

I completely take this back. The client is unusable. Lost two games in a row because the client glitched and prevented me clicking anything. I couldn't move, activate abilities, or deploy champs. Nothing. It also deploys and champs and spells in positions that you didn't ask for. It struggles to move or deploy champs in areas with snow. I'm done. I won't be playing the game until this is fixed. I can't do it anymore. I've played this game for 10 years now and I've never felt the need to complain about things on the forums. This is just ridiculous. The fact that this garbage client was released actually blows my mind. How could anyone play and test this client and think that it's ready to actually go live?

16. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

I haven't experienced anything like this myself. It seems like for some reason it doesn't work well with your computer specifically (and evidently for a number of other people as well). This is probably the result of DOG's lackluster bugtesting system - they've got a small team, so its probably hard to test on a lot of different computers.

aseryen likes this.
  17. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

spineyftw, I definitely feel your pain! I experienced the EXACT same issues that you have! It feels terrible to lose games because of the new client!

spineyftw likes this.
  18. super71

Yeah I had a game or two like that, I closed my client and restarted and it was fine.

Give it a chance before you quit :).

spineyftw likes this.
  19. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Please get rid of the turn banner all ready

Morfeas likes this.
  20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I am trying to get more information on this unresponsive client:
    • When you can't click anything, is it just the match stuff, or can you not click on the options in the ESC menu as well?
    • The next time it happens, can you try and see if either the Runedock (top), the Ability HUD (bottom) or anything at all is clickable?

aseryen likes this.