DoG, Every Pox Player, Read This...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ThePoxOG, May 26, 2017.

1. ThePoxOG

ThePoxOG The King of Potatoes

The village loudmouth can hold his tongue no longer... (TLDR at conclusion)

ASIDE from the horrific new client (which, by now, you should already know the plethora of poor design decisions you made)... there are MULTIPLE other, MORE IMPORTANT things, that you did not even touch on...

Right before your very eyes, I will balance Poxnora... in one simple thread.

- Maps -
    Maps are NOT an X-factor in the Poxnora equation. They are a constant. Therefore, there should be no map advantages. No giant pools of lava, no water... and FFS, NO MAPS THAT SPLIT YOUR BG.

This has been an ongoing thing that Sok does not seem to understand. Stop balancing the runes... BALANCE THE MAPS.

-UD Bonus-
    Very obviously should be 2 - 1 , not 4 - 2.

-Range-
    All range capped at 6. (not ability range, those are specific to the ability. Although some should be reworked)

-Ability Database-
    The fact that after all these years, this is still not in the game, is rediculous.

These are small things, that NEED to be done, to make Pox much more balanced and more user friendly. (NOT a giant arrow to tell someone what rune they have selected, or a faster movement speed, or any of the other completely ASININE things you added).

Now, for ThePoxOG's signature remarks:

The level of incompetence shown by DoG with this idea and implementation of said idea, is not angering. It is plain saddening. For many of us vets, Poxnora has been a place of community, friends, competition, Bane Shift-talking and fun. A shared interest in a niche game that no one else has, besides us. Well Sok, DoG, in one fell swoop, you have completely destroyed that.

F2P, PS4 players is not where you are going to get more money. Your loyal fanbase (mostly adults, with jobs and money) is where your effort should have been placed. Balance, (not YOUR idea of balance Sok, the PLAYER'S) expansions, and the plethora of user-friendly things the community has brought up (very few of which are in the new client) is where your time and effort should have been spent.

DoG needs to clean house. If this new client were any other business endeavor, you would all be fired. Who ever is in charge over there, as close and tight-knit of family as the dev team may be, needs to be making some BUISNESS decisions...

I really hope you get your Bane Shift together.

2. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

We don't need this around here. Please remove it. @themacca

3. ThePoxOG

My post is as valid as any of the numerous others... also, you have made your opinion known in plenty of other posts. I'm not entitled to mine? Grow up, child.

(also, very clearly from your response and from the time you posted from the time I posted, you did not even read the post. So just stop. Bring input to the convo, or leave.

4. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

Who are you to decide that? He's giving his opinion as he is allowed to do so, like everyone else does. You don't solve your problems by silencing your criticizers.

5. poxrooster

My posts did not belittle the company. You did nothing besides nothing besides put yourself as superior to every person in this game. So no, you should not be afforded your opinion unless it can be constructive. Maybe rewrite what you said is a less crabby way, and your insights will be appreciated.

6. poxrooster

I like criticism. But this stuff is not constructive. It borders on bullying. Don't you see that.

7. ThePoxOG

If that is what you got from the post, then it is not I who is the issue, lol. I also will not belittle the importance of this post, by succumbing to an argument with you. Good day.

8. LoserSlick

LoserSlick Devotee of the Blood Owl

just popped in... to let you know that i didn't read your post (but i did see the thread title that asked me to).

*seriously, i did not read it*

9. poxrooster

I'll see you in game then.

10. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

maps:
    No, you are wrong, of course there should be maps that divide BG, making it just a plain single fight is just silly.
    Side fonts, side attacks, sneaking is a huge part of the game. Go for the shrinerush only is just boring.

Range
    About range i think you are right, there should be a short list of units hitting range 6, and anything hitting longer then that should have severe drawbacks.
    including range 5 bombs that hit aoe2 so its actually range 7. AoE attacks in general are also something that needs to be more standard, why are some fixed dmg and others %-based?

Abilities
    Agreed, and filter ability in the runemanager or is it deckmanager on abilities please.

But about the client, its not bad, just adapt and learn how to use it.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  11. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

He hated the old client more than anything, and wanted a new client. Now we have a new client, and he wants the old client back.

For the first time ever I can't even think of a meme to picure this situation.

EDIT: I can, but there are just so many I can't pick one.

12. ThePoxOG

Lush, not one time did I say I hate the old client. Not one time in 11 years of playing... Don't say BS man. We have had a lot of convos on pox, but that has never been one of them. Please don't say nonsense about me

13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

i cant remove stuff. only say sassy things that imply i disagree with it.

So here we gooooo

Maps
    The fact that you think that maps are the SOLE THING that are causing imbalance. it's just laughable how incredibly god damn wrong that is. You're telling me that if our only map was the god damn 2 font forsaken wastes one the game would already be a lot more balanced. That's actually not that wrong but
    1. thats firking garbage game design
    2. There would still be obvious things where there are champions that are significantly better than others.
    3. there are champions made for side font engagements and water and lava are fairly frequently equal disadvantages so removing it has no impoact.

UD bonus
    idek wtf you are on about here if you somehow think that a faction based around melee should only be getting slightly more damage than a warbanner gives as its bonus will somehow make the game fair than sorry but you're just a moron. That's all i can say there, they already have signifcantly large amounts of utility pulled from their faction to stop their superior brawling abilities from just curb stomping the opponent.

Range
    all i can say here is just get better jesus christ. There's already been a fairly efficient filtering out on abilities that work significantly better on ranged units.

So the idea that you've somehow balanced the game in just 1 post is god damn asanine. and it's incredibly (and evidently unjustifiably) arrogant that you would think you could do a better job based on those garbage suggestions.

Ability database.
    Its something that will come one day, until then we have plenty of outside resources that we can refer to for this and DoG is aware of this hense why it isn't a priority.

"Asswipes signature remarks"
    This is blatantly god damn rude and personally reading this is what caused me to remove any idea of being somewhat nice in this post.
    The Playstation store Free to play section is fairly small at the moment and it is a frequently checked segment within the store so yes it is a very easy place to get noticed more and catch those people wanting more and investing more time and potential $ into the game. If you think from a business perspective it was a bad idea then im going to suggest you go to a business 101 class because significant expansion of your potential customer base is NEVER a bad idea. Only total idiots would think otherwise.
    Since the client release DoG has been working non stop to iron out all the bugs in the client and the playability has been improved significantly in 4 god damn days. the fact that you think these people should be fired just highlights how clueless you are and personally makes me think you're just an ass.

@Dagda lock this ridiculous thread please

nepyonisdead, Tweek516, Xiven and 5 others like this.
  14. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Really? So you're saying you loved the old client now? Ok I give up.

15. ThePoxOG

There is absolutely, zero reason, to have your bg split. Not when we have spent years on making and balancing theme bgs. Honestly, read what you typed about the maps, envelopes me in rage and makes think "How could he possibly, with a human brain, think that" lol. But to each his own.. I appreciate your opinion however much I disagree with it.

16. Hierokliff

so the map forsaken waste is the best map?
    so no hills, no cliffs, no water, fire, chasms?
    hmm what about a soccerfield maybe?

17. ThePoxOG

First off, at NO POINT did I say that maps were the sole thing, nor did I imply it. Also, after going over your answer, it is very clear how much you do not understand poxnora... I personally have always felt you are an idiot as far as your opinioons about the game go... clearly you feel the same. To each his own. Reading what you wrote is like reading what Sok writes... just a glaring "wow, htf is this person even part of this game"

Anyway, over this... bye now.

18. ThePoxOG

Forasken wastes, hands down, the best map.

19. Hierokliff

cool i think its the worst, its so dull and boring and having only copies of it with maybe different size/background color would be even more boring
    or what would change between the maps? should there even be maps or just one map?

20. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

Well that was a waste of my life, at least i know just to ignore thepoxog posts.

nepyonisdead likes this.