This game is fun, but it is not designed nor balanced well.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DiCEM0nEY, May 28, 2017.

1. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

That is my ultimate conclusion of the game. I basically play this game knowing that there are major design flaws, and the game is not balanced well. One of the major parts of the game that I don't like is the draw wins being so prevalent. The maps are another major issue, as maps with less fonts tend to be much more draw winny. The balance issues are sort of out of the devs hands at some point, since it is a very difficult job to balance these factions, but the design issues are not, and nor are they ever going to be fixed, since the devs don't put in enough effort in developing (and testing) the game.

2. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

Please stop making the same topics basically because you are not very good. That doesnt mean everything is wrong with the game..look inwardly to find some of the answers.

3. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

At the end of the day, poxnora is essentially a card game and Good(and bad) hands is just something you cannot escape from. There is no balancing that.

I do wish that there were more runes with draw/reveal mechanics(skywing beacon/scrying/etc) though

4. DiCEM0nEY

gee i never thought of that, I guess the devs ARE great!!

5. Chris

6. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

7. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Maybe if things were balanced right you would see threads of praise instead of complaints? Stop defending bad decisions.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  8. Chris

There is a direct correlation between how unsuccessful a player is and how unbalanced they believe the game is. Why do you think that is?

I wasnt defending any decisions, merely suggesting looking at things from a different perspective.

Next time you lose a game, instead of getting in a blind rage, getting worked up about how unbalanced the game is; just stop for and say to yourself "what if im not the perfect player i thought i was and actually maybe i could of done some things better."

Then based on that information why not adjust your deck or the way you play and see if it makes any difference to the next outcome.

9. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

Considering that this one has thousands of cards, it's close to impossible.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  10. DiCEM0nEY

I agree, but the game is actively designed to make rock paper scissors cards at nearly any opportunity, which is silly. I don't mind losing in cards, but i'd rather play poker than uno if that analogy makes sense.

11. DiCEM0nEY

I really hope ur a teenager. You do realize that this game is ACTUALLY pay to win. I can accept that, but for you to talk like there are no innate advantages to owning all the cards, it just makes you look stupid. Again, I know how to analyze a game, stop assuming I don't, because it is condescending and disrespectful, especially when you are using blanket statements without actually knowing who I am.

12. laminasaga

laminasaga New Member

Actually, that analogy really doesn't make sense. I play UNO with my friends between my classes at college and I can assure you that UNO absolutely does have strategy involved.

Welcome to the trading card game genre...? This applies to literally every TCG and Pox Nora is essentially just a TCG game played in a "Tactics"-style (i.e. Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, etc.) isometric SRPG format.

13. Chris

Your analyzing of the game usually involves making a forum post about how stuff is broken and you could do it much better.

Where did I suggest that there are no advantages to owning all the cards? If anything where I wrote "adjust your deck" kinda suggests otherwise.

Pox is a bit like Motorsport in the sense that it is a combination of the vehicle and the driver that wins. If you look at the statistics of a long period of time generally speaking the better player has the best of it.

I looked at my own games against a well known high ranking player over the past year to see how I compared. We played 44 games with me winning 21 of them and the other player winning 23. This very accurately reflected our overall win %

I cannot be sure but I would say that we both have access to all the necessary runes.

With all that being said I would say the game is very well balanced.

Edit - I also did the same thing against someone else but with a much lower win % who also most likely has access to all the runes. We played 12 games I won 11 times and they won once.

14. DiCEM0nEY

If balanced just means that all functions of design can be utilized, then the game is not balanced, because there exists so many hard counters which do not allow for design functions to be utilized in the slightest. Then there also exists globals, which do pretty much the same thing in MANY cases. Then there is the problem of splits, and not being able to know which hard counters ur opponent has in their deck, as well as BROKEN factions such as SL, which can literally do everything, and often times in the best possible way.

I don't expect every way of play to be strong, but I expect the game to actually be influenced by proper play, in which many cases, it is not.

15. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

DiCEMOnEY is really correct on this one. The game is wildly unbalanced.

Things like Jakei Extinguisher and Tortun Fishkisser can almost win games on their own. I'm sure Sokolov can check the statistics, but I'm sure that these 2 runes will lead to a greater number of wins for ST and FS respectively.

When I play a game versus IS, if I win or lose, I feel that it was a pretty good game...well, maybe not Bastion. ;) However, when playing versus Jakei Extinguisher or Tortun Fishkisser, I already know that I have a huge uphill battle. It's kind of sad that runes like these can be buffed to the state that they are now. It shows an unclear understanding of the runes in the game.

If DOG can get the new game client to be functional, it would still be a fun game, even if unbalanced.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  16. zorbot

zorbot The King of Potatoes

I know many people feel like everyone is entitled to their opinion but with new players coming in, I'd like to spare them from your constant complaints. You probably post more than anyone and yet none of your posts have managed to muster any substance. Just stop. Think about what you want to say and create a well thought out argument for it. So please for me and everyone else. Stop. You are a blight on these forums.

As an aside, your complaints have been made by players such as yourself for years. "The game is massively imbalanced and everything is broken!" However, the same top players always manage to get high up. Ask DMR about how much I've payed for the game. If you're good, you can win. You won't beat every deck in every situation but if you play well you can take just about anything into the top 50 or so.

17. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

The game is at its most balanced state since Ive been playing and any deck literally any deck built properly and played properly can make it to top 50 if not top 20. The other thing is you and super71 love posting irrelevant comments about something that nobody else seems to see or think. I find it hilarious that 5 seconds before super surrenders he posts a nerf thread about whatever he lost to. Look mate as chris said you want to get better stop blaming other Bane Shift, and more importantly stop this war on the devs because although it seems like they dont give a single Fuc* what u say (rightly so) it bothers me that you will ALWAYS find a reason to whine about and blame them

Etherielin and Tweek516 like this.
  18. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Sure not all cards are balanced
    but are the factions kinda balanced against eachothers, not talking about subthemes or your favorite shoebox rune (mine is interrogator)
    yes there are kind autowin and autoloss decks compaired to mine, the good thing is can build new ones and tweak, this game used to be pay to win, now its either that or grindfeist

imo they shouldnt bother about balancing, nerfing, banning for a few weeks, but if possible focus on playability, get those missing visual effects created. somehow solve a visual combat log so we can easy see thast last 5-10 runes used, launch the new marketplace,
    so please stop posts about balance, nerfs, help post missing visual effects, crashes, bugreports, etc in the correct forums instead :)

Durand likes this.
  19. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Just not a fun game right now...just gonna delete this client...maybe come back one day if they ever get things worked out, but it looks like it's gonna die as this PS4 thing was their last hope, and they ROYALLY screwed that up.

20. Xiven

Xiven I need me some PIE!

Literally never seen you before, but I know you're just trolling—and quite poorly.

nepyonisdead likes this.